My accord's replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My accord's replacement

I recently sold my complete h22a engine and transmission to a good friend of mine. I thought a good little while about what I wanted to do with the money, looked at a couple bmw's and whatever was listed on craigslist locally, with nothing particular in mind.

I finally settled on this

It an 05 cbr 600 f4i. I bought the bike from another friend of mine whose been riding it for about two years now. I actually took him to pick up the bike when he first bought it. I had already ridden the bike a couple times before over the years, and it's actually the bike I learned to ride on. I figure there's no better first bike, not to mention the fact that I still have health insurance for two more years so it's a good time to learn.

I plan to spend as little as possible on this thing. I just want to ride. It does currently have a few mods. Low mount mirrors which are horrible, I can't see shit, so I have oem ones on the way

Custom zip tied cup holders and a cell phone holder, both of which work surprisingly well.

And a SUPER short cut off exhaust for annoying the neighborhood and deafening everyone around me in traffic.

I'll start a new thread in other automotive at some point, just to drop pictures into. Hopefully I won't be doing any work or mods for quite some time.
    Last edited by bassrock234; 08-08-2015, 12:02 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

One day I'll learn to ride and get a bike. One day. I'd go CBR as well. I like the look of the Repsol Editions.

Good luck with it, I really do mean that. And don't be a douche, lol. I had a guy racing around me last night while I was going into work... friggin' idiot.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

What are you rolling in now car wise? At least the motor went to a good home. You could always come back.

I wouldn't mind a bike but I'm so worried about unattentive drivers that it tends to steer me away from owning a bike.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The engine went to a VERY good home. The guy has a mint 80's 4ws prelude si. It's pretty much stock except for the Megan coilovers I put on it two years ago. Once he gets the h22 and 5spd in it he will have himself an extremely nice car.

I still have my 93 Toyota pickup. It was also hit in the oak tree incident but the damage done was not near the scale of what happened to my accord. It's ugly as hell, but still runs and drives perfect.

I consider myself a pretty defensive driver, always watching what other people do more than I watch what I'm doing, so I think I should be ok for the most part, but shit does happen. I actually got a nice helmet, gloves, and a jacket with the bike, so you better believe I'll be wearing all of that all the time. I've had road rash before and it's not fun at all (fell off a skateboard at about 40mph, couldn't wear pants for about a week). As for hauling ass and racing, it'll be a long long time before I'm doing any of that. I haven't even begun to explore the throttle range. The bike revs to 14k and I haven't had it over like 5k. It'll all come with time, and lots an lots of practice.
        Last edited by bassrock234; 08-08-2015, 01:26 PM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Man, it seems like everyone here is getting a bike!

Looks good. That would scare the bejeebus out of me, but from all I've heard, that's a well-made bike.

Comment

Nice bike man! I like hogs and all but if I had a bike, it would be one of these sweet ass crotch rockets. All you have to do now is paint it green in memory.
            Originally posted by cb7dazz
            And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            ...for example

Comment

Green with white wheels would look awesome! I hadn't even thought of that. I LOVE that red, but it is getting to the point where it needs to be painted again.

Comment

Nice pickup. So was this through a private seller or a dealer.
                Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I bought it from a friend of mine, private sale. I paid $2600 for the bike, stand, nice gloves, a nice padded jacket and a helmet. The bike has some scratches on the right side from where my friends drunk dad knocked it over in his garage, but other than that it's pretty good looking, and has no issues I need to be worried about.

From what I saw other bikes selling for, I feel ok about the price I paid. I think elsewhere I probably could've found one about the same condition for around 2k, but I feel like paying the extra $600 was worth it not only for the gear that I got, but I like knowing the history of the bike. My friend rode it hard, but he always kept up on maintenance and with buying from a stranger you really don't know what you're getting.

Comment

Working...
                  X