Close Call This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Call This Morning

Nothing like being awakened in the middle of the night by screeching tires and crunching metal. Some fool 15 yr old kid missed Ruby by about two feet around 3:20 this morning claiming he swerved to miss something that ran across the street in front of him. He started skidding about 30 feet before Ruby, traveled another 75 feet getting sideways, jumped the curb on the opposite side of the street taking out a mailbox, slid across a driveway and did another 60+ feet doing another 180 degrees in the neighbor's yard. Had to be going a whole lot faster than the 45 (in a 25) he claimed he was doing. Kid only had his temporary license and two other kids in the car who both took off.

Edited to add pictures. You can see the skid marks at the top of the page. Ruby was parked on the street just beyond the driveway in the second picture; tires marks start right about where the seam is across the road just before the driveway. He ended up against the red/purple tree in the third photo.

20201004_033953_resized by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    20201004_082123_resized by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    20201004_082209_resized by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-18-2020, 12:04 AM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Ya no way he did all that at 45 mph he had to be going 60+. Glad ruby is ok.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Had he not missed, it would have solved my dilemma of whether I attempt the more involved rust repair of the frame box section and spring tower, then the quarters again.

To their credit, the kid and his parents came this morning and cleaned up the yard, then installed a new mail box this afternoon. I think they'll still come back to fill the gouges and put down some seed.
      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 10-04-2020, 09:02 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        Had he not missed, it would have solved my dilemma of whether I attempt the more involved rust repair of the frame box section and spring tower, then the quarters again.

To their credit, the kid and his parents came this morning and cleaned up the yard, then installed a new mail box this afternoon. I think they'll still come back to fill the gouges and put down some seed.

Dam. That's impressive. Sounds like kid has a good relationship with his folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Dam. That's impressive. Sounds like kid has a good relationship with his folks.
          More like they wanted to keep the insurance company out of it. From what I overheard after the father got to the scene that morning, the kid has been troublesome.

Comment

Damn Paul your luck with Ruby hasn't exactly been stellar. Seems you just can't avoid things happening to her... even when your not near the car! With all the wacko drivers in AZ I thought we had it bad. But you live in the heartland for crying out loud!!!
            My Collection:
            93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
            00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
            04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
              Damn Paul your luck with Ruby hasn't exactly been stellar. Seems you just can't avoid things happening to her... even when your not near the car! With all the wacko drivers in AZ I thought we had it bad. But you live in the heartland for crying out loud!!!
              I suppose you could call this one good luck - he missed - so nothing happened, at least to me other than interrupted sleep. I'm sure most of the speeding drivers in the neighborhood are actually residents in the neighborhood.

Comment

Wow! That kid should not be going those speeds in a residential area, should get his license taken away or an ass kicking. Some kind of lesson. I'm happy Ruby made it out unscathed!

Comment

Working...
                X