This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done.

That's it. I'm through with caring about the condition of this board.

Flaming, whoring, etc... Nobody can get along anymore, and I'm tired of fighting the losing battle. I'll still post, I'll still keep things in order as a mod, but you guys are on your own. I'm sick of playing mommy.

WATCH this board turn to complete shit without any sort of regulation. Watch everyone start calling each other names, bringing past problems into the present, and all that other lovely stuff. I'm finished with it.

You want to be like all the other boards? Disrespectful? Intolerant? Fine. Do it. Go ahead. You're shitting in your own bed, and I'm not going to clean it up anymore. The other mods are probably feeling the same way, though I won't speak for them. As far as I'm concerned, the warning crap is out the window. It doesn't matter. Nobody cares.

Just to show I'm serious, here's a big:

FUCK YOU

To all the assholes that had to go destroy a good thing.

Wanna see if we can act like we're all growed uo without someone to hold your hand and slap your wrist when you go wrong? Then do it. Show me the warnings and bannings aren't necessary. SHOW ME that you can keep yourselves in line without insulting one another, picking fights, and just being complete childish assholes. I dare you. My faith is completely lost in the maturity of this board. I simply do not believe ANY of you are capable of acting respectful towards one another... for that reason, I quit.

damn........why let something like this board get to you like that...... . maybe back when fizzbob wanted to be super strict people shouldnt of doubted him, or thought he was a meany..........i think u have done a great job....... theres no way to stop all of them whoring, flaming etc, theres just no way.

Comment

I think there should be a lot of 3day-ish type bans for shit like whats going on. Im on a board that started doin that, and people have already turned around. Warnings dont do shit, I would know. Ban = teh only way. Maybe something like 1 day/3day, week, perm.

Comment

damn I see that deev is pissed off thats not good at all. Thats why i stopped all this flaming and whatnot it doesnt solve anything. If people wanan crack its whatever i dont care anymore either. People like to doubt me,my,work that i do to my ride. I hate to say it but im about to quit too and sell my ride and move on.

Comment

sigh, mike, im sad to say, but im right behind you.

when was the last time you saw me clean up a shitfest?

im sick of it, thats why ive always been for straight up full banning of troublemakers. rather be considered a nazi than see this board continue to go to shit.

its too late, everyone here is *** and lost sight of why cb7tuner was the best of what it was...

now, ppl say theres no way to stop it... back in the day, tehre was not a SINGLE flame on this board. if you bring back some of hte old threads, they were perfect, ppl were cool and collected.

we have some hot headed idiots here now, and its pissing me off too.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

how many times are we gonna go over the way things like this should be handled? apparently nothings working right? so just ban the assholes and flamers, and post whorers and be done with it. its as simple as that, how much easier could it get? theres been enough of these threads and none have worked. honestly let fizzbob take action and see what happens......this shit will be on lockdown.

Comment

i hear ya man...ive only been on here maybe a month but damn some of the shit going down in here is ignorant like certain ppl that wanna say smart shit cause you make a typo....come on we come here to share info on cars not teach each other how to type or act a fool.....like ive said in previous post...this is a forum about cb7,s not someplace to come and see how many post you can rack up...or to see how pissed off you can make someone...kids will be kids and the stuff you r refering to....its gonna happen its the internet...i dont like it, you dont like it...but its here and theres nothing really you can do with it...you know?....i like this sight..I THINKS ITS THE BEST DAMN ACCORD SITE IVE FOUND.....so im gonna look past ignorance and do what i do talk about cars and learn as much about them as i can...cause knowledge is free....as long as you want it you can find it....but dont give up on the ones who are...and they are here....even if there is some weeds amonng us....

Comment

This doesn't make me feel any better....

Comment

posting suggestions wont work..clean up has to be a PITA..i feel for all the mods.(like ive said many a time) i guess its just about that time.. i have no idea whats going to go on with this site in the future..but i know it wont be good with out a lot of deev, cpmikes, etc. cleanup..i know that elliot is now out in LA and is prolly pretty busy with his doctor sit. havent spoken with either accorwarrior and poweruser one on one but they seem like good guys also..and fizz is just a straight forward guy as you can meet.. well i might be posting less..and i have been lately..just not much a fan of the people who flame, whore..etc.

*i do know that my own post count is high but much of it is in off topic...but i do contribute to other sub forums as well..many a people who have talked ot me know i dont like to flame on the board id rather keep it to AIM and i have not resorted to emails or PMs..

many a thanks for what you have done in the past mike (deev) and i hope you arent totally dicouraged with this site to not come around at all..

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    damn I see that deev is pissed off thats not good at all. Thats why i stopped all this flaming and whatnot it doesnt solve anything. If people wanan crack its whatever i dont care anymore either. People like to doubt me,my,work that i do to my ride. I hate to say it but im about to quit too and sell my ride and move on.
                    Mike, you were probably the first one I really had to talk to when I became a mod. And you did what I wish everyone else would do... you settled down and haven't had a problem since! I've seen you disagree with people (MRX and R33) but you guys did it in a professional manner. Whether or not you see eye to eye doesn't matter. You got your points across, agreed, or agreed to disagree, and left it at that.

It's just out of hand. I get at least one IM, PM, or email a day pointing me to a thread that's whored/flamed up. Usually more than that. I didn't mind doing it when there were a few idiots ruining it for the rest of us... Now it's just a few idiots trying to keep it going, and the "rest of us" are flaming the board to shit. Screw it. I'm tired of caring. I'll let this become another Honda-Tech, where there are a select few knowledgable people that still like to post there, and the rest are arrogant noobs that have lots of posts... who think they know something.

Eventually all this childish shit will drive away all the people that REALLY contribute to this board. Fizzbob7, Hondafan81, Midnite Racer X, Accord R33, BustedLX, cpmike, uncle_el, and all the others that really go out of their way to help everyone with problems (I know I missed a LOT of quality people. I mean no offense, just looking for some good examples).

Do you think cpmike, who ordered a set of neons a few weeks ago, will really want to hang around long? When some kid posts about a neon install, and he gets 3 pages of ridicule before anyone helps?

What the hell happened to this board? Do me a favor. Go back to the beginning. Read some of the old threads. See how people acted towards one another. When one person was dumb enough to flame, others would tell them to stop (NICELY) and do their best to help the starter of the thread.

This board has become too childish. If you don't like someone, it's cool to give them a hard time... rather than just ignore them.

Comment

I dunno how I feel about this...IMO when I first joined this board when it was just fresh up...we never had the huge influx of immature idiots that came in and just made stupid posts ( we had a few people who just wanted to get there post count up ala Maple...) but besides that this board was fresh with faces and names we got to know over the years.

Im with Deev on this one..this board has simply dwindled down to shit. Its bad enough that our own admin doesn't regularly jump in here like he used to back in the day..because people dont know how to show respect , use the search botton or simply put they dont have any real time on their hands so they're in here constantly making posts just for the hell of it....I come in here everynow and then to see whats up or whats happenin on the boards but its the same shit every different day of the week.

One time...there was a stupid thread made about ripped shorts..another time it was about people chasing other people..and then within the boards there was bashing even one kid couldn't stomach enough courage to talk to me via a PM or AIM for the matter and had to waste time making a thread just enough that people turned around and told him what the fuck was the point of that....

I wanted to become a mod and even asked Steve...and I even pondered it for a while but never got around to it because now I see what Mike D. , Mike M. , CpMike , Elliot, and Ricky have to deal with on a constant daily basis.

My hats off to the Mods for locking it down.

:edit:

Originally posted by deevergote
                      What the hell happened to this board? Do me a favor. Go back to the beginning. Read some of the old threads. See how people acted towards one another. When one person was dumb enough to flame, others would tell them to stop (NICELY) and do their best to help the starter of the thread.

This board has become too childish. If you don't like someone, it's cool to give them a hard time... rather than just ignore them.

Yeah exactly my point....you new guys go to the very begining and see what it was like here two years ago when it all started....I dont want this board to be like another stupid board ala Honda-Acura.net
                      Last edited by HenRoc; 06-28-2005, 08:17 PM.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i think it mostly gets out of hand, when "members" pretend to be "mods" all they have to do is hit the little triangla in the bottom left hand corner of the post and tahts it..

but ive said it along time ago its going down.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Deever, I've noticed this as well. And there have been times where my my posts were a little pointless, but I'm also very sure that I've helped in a lot of topics as well.

If you guys can talk to ATX, and maybe you other mods can decide on it, I'm willing to step up and help clean up the shit around here. I don't care about banning or being called a moderator, I just want to be able to delete the crap and whoring. If you guys don't like how I do it, you can permanently ban me, that's how sure I am that I can help.

I'm on this board all the time, from home, work, my sidekick2, laptop, friends/family house, everywhere. I really think I can help you. Hopefully you feel the same.
                          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Well, this mod is unlocking his part...

It's not Steve's fault... hell, he started this board. People used to respect that. He pays out of his own pocket the $100+ per month to keep this board going. Aside from buying decals, NOBODY on here sends him a damn thing. He doesn't ask, but people seem to think things are always going to be this way. Steve is 20 years old. He's a college student, that doesn't have much money at all. Why is he not here all the time? Probably because he's studying and working to earn money to pay for this board... oh, and a little for his car.

The whole idea of a "stupid thread" is part of the mentality that started all this. This is the OFF TOPIC section. Stupid threads are allowed! They are encouraged! If someone posts something silly, you can post a silly reply... rather than calling them a fucktard, and insulting them or their car over the FREEKIN INTERNET because you're such a tough guy.

Let me take ONE example. Mick.

Mick has been here for a few months. He has racked up a VERY high post count over that short amount of time due to worthless posts... By worthless I mean "ROFL" and stuff like that. He's done his fair share of flaming, and been banned twice. He's REALLY ruining this board, isn't he?

Now, look at it from my point of view. Mick posts a stupid thread... Say, one about putting a CB7 intake on a DSM. Perhaps he misspells something. Now, a few people think this is stupid. Fine. They're allowed. Those few people feel that it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to tell Mick what a stupid fucking retard he is. This goes on for an entire page. WHO is ruining the board? Is it the one guy that can't seem to say something worthwhile? Or the 12 CHILDREN (some of them are well beyond childhood...) that MUST say something?

Now, my answer to this. LET IT GO! If someone says something stupid... if they post a stipid thread... LEAVE IT ALONE. It will sink into the depths of the archives that nobody ever reads if you stop bumping it to the top.

Comment

I must add... I find it ironic how many people fully agree with me... yet are some of the people I had in mind when I made this decision... Interesting, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X