This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
    I cant pay, i cant afford it, most of my check goes to my mom, and i gotta live... if this happens, no more cb7... Sorry tuners... if your so willing to pay, like i see some of you so gu ho "I'l pay!" then why dont you donate?
    the ppl that act like a family will get treated like a family and will get financial help
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      the ppl that act like a family will get treated like a family and will get financial help
      i dont want financial help from you guys, i got too much respect for the decent tuners on here, even if i dont know em, like you, I just have to much old fashoned mexican pride... (if this was what you were implying)

if steve decides he needs to charge,

Adios, Mi Famila...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy Accord
        If the site was running decent and Steve would do something about it he would acually be making profit off the site and there would be no problems. CB7 has great potential but I dont think Steve has the capabilities to run the site as a buisness
        LOL, dude.. capabilities? All i have to do is enable paid subscriptions... its built right into the vbulletin software... the system practically runs itself. How would i be makin profit if the site was running decent? The only way i currently make money is through decals. I haven't even seen a check from cafepress for the t-shirts yet.. and they only make me 2 or 3 bucks per shirt. As far as how the website has gone... I hope you're not blaming it on me needing to do "something about it". I have worked with the moderators plenty of times in the past on creating solutions for dealing with the bullshit. Warnings, Closing threads, Deleting?... that's old news bro. I can only do so much myself... and this is one of the solutions i've come up with.

Comment

If the site was running decent and Steve would do something about it he would acually be making profit off the site and there would be no problems. CB7 has great potential but I dont think Steve has the capabilities to run the site as a buisness
          Not a business... Just enough to cover expenses. There's a difference.

As for "doing something about it"... well, everything that can be done without being unfair HAS been done. The only way we could do more with the same system is to ban everyone that causes trouble. That's hardly fair... I'd rather have the members respect the board, and more importantly each other. Paying for something makes you respect it (who was given their first car? Who in that crowd paid for their second car? Was there a difference in how you treated the cars?)

There is no respect anymore... people hide behind the internet and think what they say doesn't matter. I have made real friends from this board, and I have realized that there ARE real people behind those names!
          Last edited by deevergote; 06-28-2005, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            If Steve needed finacial help he would get sponcers, more users more $$ he would make with the sponcers atleast the portion of the site would be taken care of.....

as for the useless crap Mods should be able to take care of it and reinforce the "rules" as they are currenty taken as suggestions by users
            Last edited by Legacy Accord; 06-28-2005, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
              i dont want financial help from you guys, i got too much respect for the decent tuners on here, even if i dont know em, like you, I just have to much old fashoned mexican pride... (if this was what you were implying)

if steve decides he needs to charge,

Adios, Mi Famila...
              It would be sad to see you go, but making people pay is one of the best options..plus steve needs the financial help

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                no, i think it is the solution. we've tried that method for way too long now and its obviously not working or this thread would be non-existant right now.

like i said, charging would help in a number of ways..

+ financially - i could pay the hosting services without worrying about being in debt or losing the board.

+ members would be more mature/serious on the board since they paid and wouldn't want to get banned... so it would cut down on the flaming. hell, if they do get banned.. they can always re-join and pay again. they'll eventually learn their lesson.

+ less trolls from other automotive boards, since they wouldn't want to pay money just to get their flame fix.

+ any extra money i make could be used for the benefit of the board... site upgrades, running contests, events, etc.

+ an overall more tight knit community without the bullshit.

and like deevergote said... it would be better to have less members who care about the board and its progression rather than a ton of members who are just here to trash it.
                Steve, Mike, Deev...you know where I stand on this. I don't think I have to type anything to prove myself-change is needed here.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                  but i was thinking more along the lines of $5/year to POST. you would still be able to view the board and stuff for free.. BUT in order to post and be a part of the community, you'd have to pay the annual fee. would any of you guys be willing to do that?
                  Count me in man.

I think this is a great idea for a couple reasons, it helps ATX with the cost of maintaining the site as well as weeding out the whores that have the "I don't care" attitude that really don't contribute anything in the first place.

I too have noticed the slight downfall of this site....I mean, members. There are WAY too many imature members around here that need to either get their shit together.....or get out. I've always tryed to just ignore the flamming and bashing, but honestly....its been getting to me lately and I'm really starting to get irritated with it. For example, there was a thread a few days ago where someone was asking a perfectly legitiment question....but for some reason, the "usual post whores" had to go and flame it up and bash the treard starter for asking a "stupid question" ....I think it ended up getting locked because of the flamming. I just felt bad for this guy because all he was trying to do was look for an answer, and no one would give him one. I think I ended up shooting him a pm to give him my insight on his original question. But the thing of it is....I shouldn't have to do that, if people would just act like mature adults and treat the other members with respect, we wouldn't have these problems.

I don't know, this is just my 2 cents. I think the membership fee is a great idea, the troublemakers need to be weeded out and banned, and I don't think anyone needs to be warned in the first place....you start flamming it up....you get banned...done.
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                    Count me in man.

I think this is a great idea for a couple reasons, it helps ATX with the cost of maintaining the site as well as weeding out the whores that have the "I don't care" attitude that really don't contribute anything in the first place.

I too have noticed the slight downfall of this site....I mean, members. There are WAY too many imature members around here that need to either get their shit together.....or get out. I've always tryed to just ignore the flamming and bashing, but honestly....its been getting to me lately and I'm really starting to get irritated with it. For example, there was a thread a few days ago where someone was asking a perfectly legitiment question....but for some reason, the "usual post whores" had to go and flame it up and bash the treard starter for asking a "stupid question" ....I think it ended up getting locked because of the flamming. I just felt bad for this guy because all he was trying to do was look for an answer, and no one would give him one. I think I ended up shooting him a pm to give him my insight on his original question. But the thing of it is....I shouldn't have to do that, if people would just act like mature adults and treat the other members with respect, we wouldn't have these problems.

I don't know, this is just my 2 cents. I think the membership fee is a great idea, the troublemakers need to be weeded out and banned, and I don't think anyone needs to be warned in the first place....you start flamming it up....you get banned...done.
                    yeh he did this and it showed me that there is ppl in here that care and i deciced not to stop coming on....thanx by the way

Comment

Yeah I just read this and just got home. See I remmeber when it was the group the orig. from last summer. That's when it was nice here. everyone got along we had meets. it was a loving place. Now we have all these noobies who think they know whats going on when they don't have a clue what the hell there doing.

Well im tired so im going to bed. Deever you will always be my #1 man!

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
                        yeh he did this and it showed me that there is ppl in here that care and i deciced not to stop coming on....thanx by the way
                        clarkster was the one who was decent to me when i asked an appearently "stupid" question...

Shit like that goes a very long way in my book

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

wow i didn't know cb7tuner was getting that bad. Guess i haven't been on this board enough. Sure don't want to see this board go down

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                          www.maketradefair.com

Comment

If Steve needed finacial help he would get sponcers, more users more $$ he would make with the sponcers atleast the portion of the site would be taken care of.....
                            Wait.. you're talking about banner ads and stuff, right? Don't think i haven't thought about that in the 2 years this board has been running. First of all, I'm personally not a fan of banner ads cluttering the board. I've always wanted a clean environment here, free of advertising. Secondly, it is not easy to find a company who would like to sponsor or do business with such a niche forum/target as cb7tuner (90-93 accords). I've also heard horror stories about dealing with companies through banner ads and such... more stress that I don't need right now.

But the MAIN POINT of the member fees would not ONLY be to make profit for the board.. but to clean it up and help restore what it used to be. I don't see any easier and more effective way. This "fee solution" would help knock out many problems at once.

Comment

i was refering to my post about the accord i saw the other day and mick started flaming me about...till rebels closed the thread...dude sent me a pm and was like here...here is your answer bro.....

Comment

I think a membeship fee is now in order as well... Steve can use the money to make site better, and it will definitely weed out some of the less desirable people. Unfortunately, it will also weed out some of the good people that refuse to pay.

The way I see it, CB7tuner is as good or better than any magazine. If you buy ONE magazine off the newstand, you're paying $5... ONE YEAR of CB7tuner right there. A year of a magazine, which is more ads than anything else, costs $20 a year. I love my Super Street, but I learned a hell of a lot more from CB7tuner!

Steve NEVER wanted to get sponsors. He though banner ads were an eyesore and an insult to this board. Steve has never been in this for any sort of profit, and has always tried to keep it as true as possible. This is not about making money... it's about keeping the board alive, and keeping things under control.

Comment

Working...
                                X