Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here's the final word. I'm NOT done. In fact, some of you guys may grow to hate me VERY soon. I'm cracking down, and I truly hope my fellow mods follow suit.

The problem lies in the lack of respect, and the diminishing feel of "community" that we have here. It's somewhat inevitable when such a board grows as large as it is. So, we're going to have to weed out the bad. I'll be looking for trouble harder than I look for cheap parts on ebay. I'll be warning at the first sign of disrespect for the rules (and each other). The mods are now working together in a MUCH more organized fashion, so there will be no more chances to get 2 warnings from each of us. 3 warnings, from 3 seperate mods, WILL GET YOU BANNED. End of story. First will be one day. Second, one week. Third, two weeks. Four and you're gone. Depending on the situation, you MAY be allowed back after some time... It took 91accord4door a long time to earn his spot again here on the board (and I hope that any unresolved issues from the past are being handled... PMs are the tool for that, not this thread).

Steve and the moderators DO value input from the members. We are a community, and we respect the fact that our infinite internet powers don't make us better than anyone else. However, regardless of our respect for opinions, this is NOT a democracy. The mods have say over most, and Steve has final say over all. Simple as that. Anyone who doesn't like the decisions made by this board is free to go start their own board. When you reach about 2500 members, you'll see why we're doing things as we are.

So, in short ( too late!) I'm not going anywhere. I'm not quitting. Quite the opposite, in fact. You want Fizz to act as enforcer, fine. He is welcome to do so. However, I will also be doing the same... and I hope the other 8 mods will join me. I like you guys. I respect you guys. However, if you disrespect ME and my community, no matter how close we are, you're going to face the consequences.

I ask you all to do two simple things. Respect each other, and respect the community as a whole. Realize that your negative actions, no matter how insignificant and/or righteous they may seem, they have profound effects (calling for Mick's ban... righteous, but does it contribute to a positive feeling here? no.) Be respectful, or leave... If you don't like how things are here, we'll gladly show you the way out. And lock the door behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Ok, here's the final word. I'm NOT done. In fact, some of you guys may grow to hate me VERY soon. I'm cracking down, and I truly hope my fellow mods follow suit.

The problem lies in the lack of respect, and the diminishing feel of "community" that we have here. It's somewhat inevitable when such a board grows as large as it is. So, we're going to have to weed out the bad. I'll be looking for trouble harder than I look for cheap parts on ebay. I'll be warning at the first sign of disrespect for the rules (and each other). The mods are now working together in a MUCH more organized fashion, so there will be no more chances to get 2 warnings from each of us. 3 warnings, from 3 seperate mods, WILL GET YOU BANNED. End of story. First will be one day. Second, one week. Third, two weeks. Four and you're gone. Depending on the situation, you MAY be allowed back after some time... It took 91accord4door a long time to earn his spot again here on the board (and I hope that any unresolved issues from the past are being handled... PMs are the tool for that, not this thread).

Steve and the moderators DO value input from the members. We are a community, and we respect the fact that our infinite internet powers don't make us better than anyone else. However, regardless of our respect for opinions, this is NOT a democracy. The mods have say over most, and Steve has final say over all. Simple as that. Anyone who doesn't like the decisions made by this board is free to go start their own board. When you reach about 2500 members, you'll see why we're doing things as we are.

So, in short ( too late!) I'm not going anywhere. I'm not quitting. Quite the opposite, in fact. You want Fizz to act as enforcer, fine. He is welcome to do so. However, I will also be doing the same... and I hope the other 8 mods will join me. I like you guys. I respect you guys. However, if you disrespect ME and my community, no matter how close we are, you're going to face the consequences.

I ask you all to do two simple things. Respect each other, and respect the community as a whole. Realize that your negative actions, no matter how insignificant and/or righteous they may seem, they have profound effects (calling for Mick's ban... righteous, but does it contribute to a positive feeling here? no.) Be respectful, or leave... If you don't like how things are here, we'll gladly show you the way out. And lock the door behind you.

damn Deev, why you gotta be so hard

just playing man I agree 100% with what you said, and if I get out of line (unlikely but you never know) you let me know!!!

on a side note, S2Ki (the big S2000 forum) does the "Donation Members" thing
      OS^e
      1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

its all good, as long as you dont tag on the 5 dolla fee.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The donation thing is great, but it's VERY unlikely that we can raise $1000 a year consistantly. Steve is very serious about implementing this, and the mods back him on it.

It costs over $1000 a year to run this board, and the prices are constantly going up. If you guys want to fund the board with donations, then take it upon yourselves. Donate.
          I will personally ask Steve to keep track of who donates (or I can ask him to tell me when someone does, and I will do it) and how much was donated. As long as the donation is more than $5, they will be paid for the year when the fee is implemented.

IF you guys can manage to raise $1200, then perhaps we can convince Steve to NOT do the fee thing for at least a year. The board has to get paid for. If you guys do your part and donate, the mods will do their part and keep the trouble under control. Keep in mind that the rules are going to be VERY strict. We seem to be losing good members because of the disrespect. I'd rather have one luvmyGen4 than 10 whoring idiots (sorry to pick individuals, but I know other people share my respectful opinion there).

So here is my challenge. Raise $1200 for the board. We have 3000 freekin members, so if EVERYONE sent 50 cents (which is too small an amount for PayPal, unfortunately) we would be more than covered. If the fee still happens, those who donated will be paid in full. Keep in mind that there will be a lot of good intentions, and very few who follow through. $5 from a few kind hearted people will NOT get us to the goal. You want this board to be funded on donations? Treat it like a valued magazine... or two... or three...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            The donation thing is great, but it's VERY unlikely that we can raise $1000 a year consistantly. Steve is very serious about implementing this, and the mods back him on it.

It costs over $1000 a year to run this board, and the prices are constantly going up. If you guys want to fund the board with donations, then take it upon yourselves. Donate.
            I will personally ask Steve to keep track of who donates (or I can ask him to tell me when someone does, and I will do it) and how much was donated. As long as the donation is more than $5, they will be paid for the year when the fee is implemented.

IF you guys can manage to raise $1200, then perhaps we can convince Steve to NOT do the fee thing for at least a year. The board has to get paid for. If you guys do your part and donate, the mods will do their part and keep the trouble under control. Keep in mind that the rules are going to be VERY strict. We seem to be losing good members because of the disrespect. I'd rather have one luvmyGen4 than 10 whoring idiots (sorry to pick individuals, but I know other people share my respectful opinion there).

So here is my challenge. Raise $1200 for the board. We have 3000 freekin members, so if EVERYONE sent 50 cents (which is too small an amount for PayPal, unfortunately) we would be more than covered. If the fee still happens, those who donated will be paid in full. Keep in mind that there will be a lot of good intentions, and very few who follow through. $5 from a few kind hearted people will NOT get us to the goal. You want this board to be funded on donations? Treat it like a valued magazine... or two... or three...
            sigh...FINE
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Tell me where to send the check

Comment

i just send money to steven via paypal

and ill send more once i get paid next week, if need be....im up for the challenge of raising 1200...

comon guys do whatever you can in order for steven to keep the site running!...return bottles, find your change, sell some random things on ebay, just do anything so that we can keep cb7 and help steve out
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I have sent money as well. It's great that Deev has used the word "challenge". Now it's on!
                  But, $5 IS A JOKE!!! Bump it to $10 and you only need half as many people to contribute, etc.
                  Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                  -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                  MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Wow...other people feel the same as I. I used to check out this site everyday...now I dont even bother unless Im really bored...ever notice how many of the "older" members dont post much anymore...?

The membership thing is a good idea...if it cleans this place up, I'll come back more often and Im sure others will to.

Jay
                    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

are we done yet?
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                        are we done yet?

werd..... i think there are enough ideas floating around to finally start something instead of just talking abou tit

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                          Wow...other people feel the same as I. I used to check out this site everyday...now I dont even bother unless Im really bored...ever notice how many of the "older" members dont post much anymore...?

The membership thing is a good idea...if it cleans this place up, I'll come back more often and Im sure others will to.

Jay
                          I miss you Jay, can't wait to see the Accord all painted FINALLY.
                          -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                            I miss you Jay, can't wait to see the Accord all painted FINALLY.
                            Same here... you were quite a fixture here for a time Jay! I hope you do hang around a little more in the future.

Well, we're done. The challenge is officially going back up. I did it without consulting anyone last night, and Steve took it down until I could properly defend the idea. He's been quite set on the fee idea for quite some time, and the possibility of anything else working as well seemed unlikely to him.

First, I would like to thank those who have already donated. It only took that announcement to be up for ONE HOUR, in the middle of the night, no less... to get people to make the effort. I honestly think the $1200 goal may be not only reachable, but easily exceeded. That could mean great things for the board!

So, this is what will happen.

The mods will be cracking down. All of us. Rules are rules, and you have all seen what happens when they aren't enforced. If you get warned, don't take offense. Realize WHY you got warned (if you need more of an explanation, just ask... just because you get warned doesn't mean that mods hate you!) Once you understand why, just watch yourself in the future! We are leaving LOTS of leeway for you guys, so even if you get a ban, or even two, you will still have your chance to remain here as a valued member. The warning and banning WILL be enforced, and much more organized than in the past.

If we can reach the goal, or exceed it, then the fee system will be postponed until next year. Next year, if we don't have another way to fund the site, this will probably come up again. Of course, then we'll hopefully have 5000 members!

I'm not done. None of the mods are. We'll be doing our jobs, and we hope you will all do yours... just respect each other and we'll be cool!

And yes Juan... we are done here.

Comment

Working...
                            X