Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIzz made a good point here..."first off, steve has been more than fair and you can NOT ask for any better of a person to be the administrator...he listens to people's inputs, is NOT in this to make money" I agree when i first came on this board Fizz seemed like a jerk but it was only time that showed me he was trying to set people straight. Same goes for Deever, we had a little problem a little while ago, we straightened things out maturely and then I just saw that he had a job to do, and then gained his respect, he wasnt just out there to start shit with people like some of these boards power happy mods, he just wanted to clean things up, and he also listened to whre i was coming from. Well a pay option may be a slight hassle for me, I would most likely pay a small fee to continue on this excellent board.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      i'll send you naked pictures
      ummm no thats ok man...i got my girl for that....

Comment

well its simple then

Pay only to post in the clasifieds

That would keep all the good info free which is truely what we want. If it cost money to acess the site there would be no new members.

So we should pay to post in the classifeds making it free to buyers. Not for Sellers.

Comment

recognition for donation?

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          . Maybe mod-Naziing is the answer. I'd be willing to pay either way...but I don't think paying is the ONLY answer. There's a lot of good members here who probably wouldn't pay. I think the mods should just go headhunting and nip problems in the bud...just MO though.

this i totally agree with.

honestly actually paying the money really isn't the point for me. i'm perfectly willing to pay. just the way it'll affect the board is what concerns me.

some Pros.

loose some of the bullshit
          more money to pay for runnin the site

some Cons.

less of everything.
          less stuff for sale
          less accords to look at.
          less people to talk to.
          less answers to questions.

...................SO here's my my idea.........................

when you say, " i suggested donations, no one did anything" or whatever. that's not really what i mean, people wont notice. personally i think it would be cool to like have a"want to make a donation?" button thing on the Front page, and donations topic in the forum maybe.

then when people make donations they could have like some kind of recognition for there donation

example, where it says "Cb7tuner member" or whatever. for people who made donations you could have a "Cb7tuner Donation member" or special logo or something like that.

it would help encourage donations alot more. and show how some of us really care about the site.

plus unlike with a Fee , a donation could be like alot more then 6$ , i think some of the guys here would donate some Pretty substantial amounts of
          money.
          (more then 6$)
          Last edited by Final 204; 06-29-2005, 12:23 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
            well its simple then

Pay only to post in the clasifieds

That would keep all the good info free which is truely what we want. If it cost money to acess the site there would be no new members.

So we should pay to post in the classifeds making it free to buyers. Not for Sellers.

yikes man, if yer trying to completely kill the classifieds then that's prolly a good idea.
            ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Alright here we go..

First off, Let me say that my post that was deleted in Micks thread was all humor, even mick knows it was a joke, in no way was it any flaming but it did add on to what the thread was--pointless. So Deever if my post in any way irritated you, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll stop my immature posting but it's great to have a little humor every now and then. Now I understand that its okay to play and laugh a little and that a lot of the useless,worthless,stupid shit should be filtered. But the problem is what's useless,worthless,and stupid to us can be the complete opposite to another person. I wasn't flaming in that post so I hope that I wasn't one of the reasons why you started this thread.

Let me say that everyone is different, and honestly to have to pay $5 dollars a month for what you will virtually get elsewhere for free is somewhat pointless. I mean seriously.. I would bet that $5 that whatever you post on say, AccordTuner or AccordinglyDone you would get the same answer as you would here. So virtually you would be paying $5 so that you, yourself can get less worthless shit on your screen. For $5 bucks, even if it is for one year, I think I can deal with that worthless shit because honestly theres far worse things going on in my life, and I wish I could pay $5 to have it completely wiped out. But do you think charging a $5 fee will seriously filter it out? You guys have said yourself that $5 bucks is easy to come up with, you have more of a chance of filtering out the poor college student than a post whore.

Don't get me wrong, this is Steve's site, if he wanted to charge $50 bucks for membership then he can, I won't say nothing about it. And before anyone says I'm just a cheap bastard who won't pay $5 bucks your wrong, because if Steve does implement it I'll pay the five dollars. I'm not completely against this idea, I just think theres other ways around it, such as the site being invite only, this keeps the worthless shit out, it reduces the amount of bandwidth used on the site, and you actually have to know someone to get on here.

I PERSONALLY don't know what Steve's goal is with this site.. is it to be a rather large CB7 community or is it just a community for a certain group of people? Let me add that I have managed to keep a lot of "spammers" and "leechers" off of my site simply by making examples out of people. Deleting posts leaves people to wonder but actually BANNING them and then letting them know what they did wrong in the post actually has helped. All you have to do is restrict them from posting for a few days and bring them back. If they violate it then ban them forever and leave it at that.

In my honest opinion, and I don't mind an arguement from saying this but..

it really seems like I would be paying $5 dollars just to talk to you "mature" heads rather than avoid the dickheads.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                FIzz made a good point here..."first off, steve has been more than fair and you can NOT ask for any better of a person to be the administrator...he listens to people's inputs, is NOT in this to make money" I agree when i first came on this board Fizz seemed like a jerk but it was only time that showed me he was trying to set people straight. Same goes for Deever, we had a little problem a little while ago, we straightened things out maturely and then I just saw that he had a job to do, and then gained his respect, he wasnt just out there to start shit with people like some of these boards power happy mods, he just wanted to clean things up, and he also listened to whre i was coming from. Well a pay option may be a slight hassle for me, I would most likely pay a small fee to continue on this excellent board.
                this is true...bob has a way of coming off as a jerk...no offense but he cares he actually called me one day and told me to chill, that i was getting pissed off over something that really wasnt all that bad...he cares...hes cool with me...to why he isnt a mod anymore ...i dont know...but he does giv a crap....but Bob i raelly dont want those pics man...

Comment

i have no idea why people act retarded on message boards... its mostly fags with no girls and are still virgines at the age of 25
                  any ways check this out
                  you guys should use it

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums...hlight=warning

Viewing Warning Information For nismodorifto
                  Warned By Warned Post Warned Date Warning Type Comment
                  DannyITR Review Post On 02-15-2005 At 03:09 AM Post Whoring do not respond
                  Total Warning Points: 1 / 4

Warning Types
                  Warning Name Warning Description Warning Points
                  Post Whoring Message Inutile 1
                  Offensive Posting Messages Vulgares 1
                  Personal Attack Insulte Personel 1
                  Cross Posting Messages identiques dans plusieurs forums 1
                  Other Autre 1
                  Thread Resurrection Faire revenir des ancien threads (3+mois) 1
                  Disrespect for the website posting here is a privilage that can be removed. Show respect for the site 1
                  Disrespecting a Vendor on ne repond pas a des threads a vendre si on n'a pas l'intention d'aceheter 1
                  cccheaaaa
                  Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                  240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

also if you want people to pay, use this from a local forum
                    Premium Account 25$ cnd
                    upload attachments, larger avatars, close own threads, no "Last edited" showing, access to the private forum, double the PM space, custom user titles, username changes, free pic hosting, style changes.
                    cccheaaaa
                    Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                    240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

$5/year
                      not month.

its really not much to ask... and if a member just doesn't WANT to pay it.. then maybe they shouldn't be a part of the community in the first place.

and again, donations are a great idea... trust me. but they're not going to guarantee me what i need to make. it's easy to talk the big game, but i'm sure only a few members would pull through in the long run.. and i don't want to take the risk of falling short on the hosting bill.

Comment

lots of you dont know, but this will be (or is currently planned to be) a yearly payment, not monthly. im sure most of you can scrounge up $5 a YEAR.

thats why deever was mentioning magazines, if you pay $5 for a single mag or $20 for a whole year of em, thats still more expensive and has tons less info and pics than cb7tuner.com will offer you...

edit: steve posted first.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I have no idea why anyone could possibly complain about FIVE DOLLARS PER YEAR for a CB7Tuner membership. I mean, sure, money's tight, but FIVE BUCKS EVERY 365 DAYS?! Holy shit what's wrong with people... I'd gladly pay $20/month to be a member here, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                            I'd gladly pay $20/month to be a member here, no problem.
                            SHHHHHHHH! Dont give them ideas!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

thats 1.37 CENTS per day. heck, i can find more pennies than that sitting on the road in 10 minutes.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I think that paying a small fee to become a member is a good idea, I respect the site and respect ATX and the other mods for trying to keep this place in line. Although I must say that AccordTuner did the same thing with charging people, and quite frankly, since that Premium Membership thing started, the board hasn't been the same since... I just don't want to see this great site's quality diminish..
                                1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X