I'm about to call it quits with this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to call it quits with this board

Sorry guys, but I don't know if I can keep doing this. I registered here on CB7 for two reasons; One, I love these 4th gens to death...in my opinion these were the best damn cars Honda ever built. Two, I love working on cars so much, thats why I do it for a living. The gratification I get from fixing these cars and bringing them back to life (so to speak) is unmeasurable. So when I'm not at work, I like coming here to help all of you as much as I can to keep your cars running.

What pisses me off is all the missdiagnosing and bad advice I see people giving on here. What really gets me bent is whenever I step in and give my 2 cents on a problem, and other people undermind and discount my advice. I am a god damn Honda certified factory trained technician! I do this for a living, so trust me, I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

I just don't have the energy anymore to keep correcting everyone else's bad advice. It just seems like a loss cause. If you don't know what the hell you are talking about, don't post!!! I deal with enough hackery and fixing other peoples mistakes at work, so I don't like dealing with it here either.

I understand that there are differences in opinion now and then, thats fine. But most of my advice isn't simply an opinion, its fact based on personal experience and product knowledge. If my advice isn't appreciated, I guess I'll just step down and let the amateurs handle it.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

This says it all.

Don't go Corey...you'll be missed.

Comment

Dont leave man, you have great advise and I know nothing about the technical side of cars so I need all the knowledgeable people to stay here (that includes you). No need to get defensive and worked up about it. I normally dont tell people to stay where they tyhink they are not appreciated but in this cause I know alot of these guys like you advise so reconsider.
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

wow very touching. and i am not joking either. cant really say much about what people say. i'm not a certified tech but there does come a time where you could be big help.

nobody isnt superman to correct every dumbass' mistake so just help out those that are really in need.

stay man cuz there are still people on this board that are genuine!

maury

Comment

Was it anything specific that has set you off, or has it been culminating over time?
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

I'm not saying that I'm out completely, I'll always be here. I just think I'm done with the technical forum. I'm just sick of reading about problems and questions people have, and seeing other members giving bad advice. I just don't have the patience to keep going in and explaining the right way to do things.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

man don't leave! i love that we have a certified tech on this board. i always trust any advice you give.
              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

I'll be one to say I don't want you gone. I know the feeling you have though. When people insist they are right but don't know shit I call that "arrogant ignorance". It's the culmination of immaturity and a bad attitude, coupled with their own ego. Please don't let it all get to you to the point you give up. There's alot of people here who want you to stay.

Of course just because a person is ignorant doesn't mean they're a bad person. Some come here to learn, some are here to teach. But know your place, use your manners, and know when not to talk.

...or type.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yo bro don't go. help us make this board the best it can be. don't give up. thats all i got to say to u.
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

were getting all these posts. from ppl eaither leaving, or just fedup with the noobz

In my opnion I think basically every answer about a Stock cb7 is convered. All the conversions etc are covered. If you use the search people should find their answers. Next time people ask a question thats been answered id just tell them

(search) you n00b. I mean theres no point telling information over and over again.

Lock all the posts and make this a INFO only site.

Will save deever the hassle at points.

Any ideaS?

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                      I'll be one to say I don't want you gone. I know the feeling you have though. When people insist they are right but don't know shit I call that "arrogant ignorance". It's the culmination of immaturity and a bad attitude, coupled with their own ego. Please don't let it all get to you to the point you give up. There's alot of people here who want you to stay.

Of course just because a person is ignorant doesn't mean they're a bad person. Some come here to learn, some are here to teach. But know your place, use your manners, and know when not to talk.

...or type.
                      Very good point my friend. Thats exactly what I'm saying, I'm here to teach and to help all those here in need of assistance. My whole goal here is to reach out to others and pass on the knowledge I have aquired from experience as well as my own mistakes. However, this rant of mine really isn't so much about me, as it is about the bad advice of others.
                      Last edited by mrhonda; 01-16-2006, 01:18 AM.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I agree w/ all the rest of the members thats posted something here. I dont really have much to add, but I will say don't go as all the other guys did as well. We need you bro, dont leave us. Stay you fawker Hehe jk thought i'd throw something in there to get ya goin? :P But yeah stay man...

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                        ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                        ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                          I'm not saying that I'm out completely, I'll always be here. I just think I'm done with the technical forum. I'm just sick of reading about problems and questions people have, and seeing other members giving bad advice. I just don't have the patience to keep going in and explaining the right way to do things.
                          I hear ya. I'm glad your sticking around though, you know I'm always buggin ya with questions
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I've only been on this forum for a very short while. Mrhonda, all of your posts that I've seen so far are very helpful to the weekend mechanics. It's people like you that I sign up on these forums for because I am one of those people. I want to gain knowledge from you. If you leave you are defeating the whole purpose of having a community like CB7tuner.com.
                            I am sure that those who heed your advice appreciate all that you contribute. It doesn't matter what forum you are on, there will ALWAYS be people that are misinformed. Sometimes they relay the incorrect information because they overzealously try to help others out without proper backup to what they are saying.

Mrhonda (or any other significant contributor) should be given a "official CB7tuner cerftied Honda mechanic" designation so that people know that they're not some "armchair quarterbacks" so to speak. Maybe even have their own section so that any help provided is legit.

Because I'm a newbie here, maybe what I am saying isn't going to hold water but that's my .02 for now.

BTW, I like this site so far. It seems as if the people here are newbie friendlier than some of the other sites that I am a part of. DON'T WORRY I KNOW WHAT THE SEARCH BUTTON IS FOR!
                            Last edited by frozenrice; 01-16-2006, 01:33 AM.

http://www.g2ic.com / http://www.beyond.ca / http://www.accordwagonclub.com/

Comment

Originally posted by frozenrice

Mrhonda (or any other significant contributor) should be given a "official CB7tuner cerftied Honda mechanic" designation so that people know that they're not some "armchair quarterbacks" so to speak. Maybe even have their own section so that any help provided is legit.
                              Hmm.. I like this idea you have...we'll see what we can do, I'll mention it.
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                              X