Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here collect diecast model cars? I do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few updates since my LCD Supra. I thought I was trailing way off in buying...and I really didn't. Everything below is in 1/18 scale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Black MA70.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	4984841
    OTTOmobile Toyota MkIII Supra 2.5 Turbo R

Name:	White MA70.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	4984842
    Ignition Models Toyota MkIII Supra 3.0 Turbo A This is claimed to be 1 of 120 ever made in the stock style.

Name:	Big Bopper.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	4984840
    Greenlight DDA Australia Ford XB Falcon Sedan - Mad Max / Big Bopper

Comment

Ottomobile 2020 Subaru WRX STI

OTTOmobile Audi B5 S4

Kyosho Samurai Mitsubishi Starion 2.6 GSR-VR

AUTOart Nissan R34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec II

Comment

Okay, revamped all my cases and added a new one.

You can see my newest adds, a 1 of 250 DA Integra and a 1 of 700 R33 Autech GT-R Sedan. I also was able to pull my old Ertl American Muscle series cars out of storage. I'm excited with my Honda collection. They do make an EF hatch, but I don't have enough of a personal connection for it, sadly.

Comment

So I kinda went off the deep end with Hot Wheels. My original plan of going after "every Honda," but really only sticking to one example of each different casting, went out the window. I'm addicted and now want every variation of every Honda that Hot Wheels has ever released. This is going to take many years, especially considering some go for hundreds of dollars (a couple are up around a grand!) and I'd much rather trade up than spend that much outright for such small cars. Here's where I'm at now:

I have all of the BB6s released so far. The white one's loose because it was a multipack exclusive. The green one was exclusive to Dollar General.

Most of the FK8s:

All three of the dream car. NA2 NSX-R. All of them rubber-tired, metal-based premium models, too!:

In 2020 there was a Honda-themed group within the basic $1(ish) cars. A 5-car set is fluffed up to 11 thanks to color variations. One of the CR-Xs is a Super Treasure Hunt, and one of the FK8s is an unpainted "ZAMAC" exclusive to Walmart:

Then in 2022 they released a Civic-themed set. The $3 mid-tier cars get more artistic card art as well as paint detail on the level of the $6 premium cars, but not rubber tires.

There are a ton of Hot Wheels out there with paint jobs you'll only find in the various kinds of multipacks they do. Here are all but one of my multipack exclusives so far, all repackaged into a custom multipack. The pink FK2 is actually a Matchbox.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This is waaaaay off the deep end! The collection looks great so far!
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

The CD Accord gets a second release this year, and imo they couldn't have done the casting better justice.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
              X