Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here collect diecast model cars? I do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Yes! I haven't yet sprung for any high-end models, but there are a handful of 1:18s I will be getting at some point in the highest quality I can find:

- DC5-R: Obviously, being an RSX owner, it's worthy of something like an AutoArt. I can't see myself ever getting rid of my RSX, I love it.
    - NA2 NSX-R: The money-no-object dream car.
    - Cayman GT4 RS: Unless the market for them gets stupid, my next real car will most likely be a 987.1 Cayman S (still going for around $30k for a solid one!) once I have the room for a third car, as a substitute for the normal Acura NSX I'd originally planned on working toward. Objectively the Cayman's the better car anyway, but I can't get over how stupid people are for paying $65k+ for an early NSX with 100k miles on it. Anyway, I don't think any of the scale model companies have an RS Cayman out yet, but there's no way it won't be a popular one soon. That car immediately shot up there near the NSX-R for me.
    - SN95 Mustang Cobra R: I'm a massive Mustang fan, and the SN95 generation (before or after facelift) has always resonated the most with me.
    - Maybe a couple random favorites like an F40, GT40, and 997 non-RS GT3. I really don't want to get carried away with the 1:18 scale, though.
    AUTOart just released a beautiful NA2. If you want it, grab it now because it will shoot up in value. I believe GT Sprint makes a GT4, but not the RS. Maisto actually makes the Cobra R and it's not awful. It's based off of the New Edge GT I have but with the rampant production of Maisto it should be easy to get one under the century mark if you're patient.

I feel like a third car is always a dangerous slope. I'm doing the same thing over here and it's like...this is a horrible idea, let's keep saving.

Comment

Apparently AutoArt made a Cobra R as well! I don't have $300 to blow on a model right now, but I'll definitely be tracking one of these down later on...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16559379639...Bk9SR4be2s6dYQ

Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-07-2022, 10:19 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I just picked these up the other day at the grocery store:

The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I've been liking these M2 Machines (as well as AW Auto World) 1:64s that Walmart sells. The castings are sharper than Hot Wheels.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-14-2022, 11:23 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            I've been liking these M2 Machines (as well as AW Auto World) 1:64s that Walmart sells. The castings are sharper than Hot Wheels.

I agree. I like their stuff a lot. I have a series of PanAm ground service vehicles from them.

Comment

My Ottomobile EDM Integra Type-R model came for Christmas. I'm suuuper excited about it as I wanted a USDM front Integra to go with my JDM front one. I don't love how chunky the tires are on this one, but they've done a great job with it. They've captured a lot of the subtle differences between the years. I'm a little bummed that my JDM front car has yellowed a bit (I purchased it on the used market) so I'm hoping that my EDM one doesn't yellow as maybe the JDM one was in sunlight prior to my purchase, I don't know. Regardless, it's a nice pair. It looks great in the case next to the JDM one and below my CTR.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9394.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	4983293
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2756-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.6 KB ID:	4983294

Comment

Mid-year update. As of my last post I think I had the EDM ITR. Since then I've picked up an R32 GT-R and a Kouki S14 from Ottomobile. I have a Del Sol on the way.

I re-arranged two of my cases to make everything fit.
                IMG_2760 by Mike M, on Flickr
                IMG_2450 by Mike M, on Flickr

Comment

Nice! That is the eternal issue isn't it? Finding a way to keep rearranging everything.

Currently, I have a huge case of Hotwheels in storage since it was in the garage and I have had to empty that out to get some work done on it. I almost picked up one of the Autoart NA2's before they were gone, but they seem to be out now. Oh well.

Comment

Surprise Walmart find. My grandpa had a '79 Cheyenne, so even though this isn't the highest-quality model out there, it's a special car to add to the collection and it does look quite nice imo.

(my phone's camera sucks, it's white not green )

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I got this in from France yesterday. Scratches my mid-90s Honda itch well. I cannot get over the detailing in the interior. The interesting thing is since the company is based in France this is the EDM version of the car complete with painted alloys, black door handles and rear fog light.

Name:	IMG_3849.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	4984083

Name:	IMG_E3850.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	4984084

Comment

Wow! That interior detailing really IS epic!

Comment

This was a bit of a spontaneous purchase. I had a Hot Wheels Tunerz CRX that was kinda cheesy and happened to see the Norev CRX selling cheap.

Name:	IMG_3953.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	4984101
                          It works well with my del Sol. I have one more car coming out hopefully the end of the summer and then I'll be in cruise mode until something else is released. There's a limited production Scirocco I have alerts set for as well as EG Civic hatches and a DA Integra if they go cheap. Otherwise it's just watching release lists. I'm hoping someone does a CB / CD or something fun like an 89-94 Maxima SE.

Comment

I was never the biggest Del Sol fan (I like them a lot more now that I am old) mostly because I thought it was silly to replace the CRX with it. That is a great find on the CRX though!

I have scored a few good premiums and some other nice Hot Wheels now that there is more stock laying around. Most of the places I frequent though just have the bins, and most days I am just not in the mood to go dumpster diving. These are just a few of the ones I have picked up lately. Most of them are in storage as I clean out the garage to get it ready for paint and drywall work.

I am glad to see Hotwheels love for some brands that nobody really seems to admire (though I know they do secretly)... I just found the 3000GT this afternoon and had to get it.

Comment

IMG_4115 by Mike M, on Flickr

I'm dumb and can't keep away from eBay. Added a Triple 9 EG hatchback in red and an Ottomobile VW Scirocco in white. The VW Scirocco was quite a challenge to find at a reasonable price, but it popped up for $99.99 plus shipping and I don't remember the last time I clicked buy that fast. The Triple 9 Civic was an offer that seemed to work for me. I missed out on a better deal by a day and was determined to make something work.

My basically Honda case has been coming along quite well now.

I might have a problem.

Comment

Holy moly that is quite the collection. I have some of these too, about five or six boxes. Last week I got that little green 70's custom Honda with the grey three spokes, and that green old Mercedes Benz sedan.

AccordWarrior, what brand and size is that Delorean Back to the Future model? That one is nice!

Two days ago I found at the local grocery store, a red Mitsu Pajero, Audi RS Avant green, 80's Toyota Supra JDM in burgundy, and another one I can't remember...

I had to put the brakes on buying these, thankfully though the small ones are only one dollar each.

Comment

Working...
                                X