No announcement yet.

Official Metal Thread: Discussion, suggestions, and analyzation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Samael's newest... It's all electronic, with almost no vocals... the "singing" is more of a gutteral rapping, like KMFDM or Rammstein.

Elysian Fields, as I said above, is just getting better... I'm impressed.

Comment

Anyone going or going to go to SOTU, Family Values, or Ozzfest. I might be going to all 3. Ozzfest is always fun but usually damn hot out.
      I've never seen Korn live. Probably too late now.
      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Ok if anyone likes Death metal you HAVE to check out Suffocation.

OMFG theyre a DM band from NYC....late 80's early 90's....i just found them looking for videos of drummers on youtube.... i highly recommend the album "effigy of the forgotten"

Wow.

Comment

Kataklysm. Lamb of God. /Thread.

- Rob -
          92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
          85 Toyota 4Runner
          1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
          2008 HD 1200N
          2009 HD 883N

Comment

Ill have to check out Kataklysm...

LOG is pretty fucking good...

i read through this thread and didnt see a mention of the band i was going to mention in my first post.... mastadon "leviathan" Great fucking metal album....kind of like a mix between Biohazard and Panteraish....

I dont know but its refreshing to hear nowadays...

Comment

Check out my Myspace page, I've got a Kataklysm song on there. Listen to the If Hope Dies and Job for a Cowboy songs as well.

www.myspace.com/203Cree

- Rob -
              92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
              85 Toyota 4Runner
              1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
              2008 HD 1200N
              2009 HD 883N

Comment

I own, and listen to, just about every type of music - except country. I'll give props to the Hank Williams/Jr and maybe Johhny Cash, but other than that, I just cannot relate. Listen to...eh..can but i wont be a happy person afterwards

Rap - I own the typical "every-white-boy-own-this" rap CD. i.e; eminem, nelly, 2pac, wu-tang, tech n9ne, cypress hill, will smith. My new fav is probly "Party Like a Rockstar" or "Make It Rain (Remix)"

Onto Rock/Metal...

In alphabetical order, in favorite order, whatever the order i could go on. If it sounds good, I can dig it. Whether it be one song or all songs. SOme stuff i like new but not old, others i like old but not new. KoRn, for example, love the old stuff, not too big on the new shit. Same with Limp Bizkit.

Adema, BoyHitsCar, Slaves On Dope, Metallica, AC/DC, Primer55, Orgy, SoiL, Kittie, Flyleaf, Killswitch Engage, Murderdolls, Mudvayne, Ultrspank, PM5K, Marilyn Manson, NIN, Poison The Well, Union Underground, Dope, Pitchshifter, Fear Factory, Drowning Pool, Spineshank, Static-X...SOaD, Slipknot, Nonpoint, Disturbed, Chevelle, then the weird stuff like Mindless Self Indulgence, ICP/Twiztid/Dark Lotus.

The rock/rap stuff like Crazy Town, Limp Bizkit...

Punk/emo/ska/thrash/indie, etc - Relient K, NOFX, Social Distortion, Rufio, Best Interest, Flogging Molly, Operation Ivy, No Use For A Name, Box Car Racer, Blink182, Lucky Boys Confusion, Get Up Kids, Dashboard Confessional, MXPX, HotRod Circuit, Eve6, Me first & the gimme gimme's, Divit, Saves the Day, Starting Line, Hey Mercedes, greenwheel, marvelous 3, anti-nowhere league, the ataris, the used, unwritten law, the Donna's, Less than Jake, Gibbler, Melmac, Minor Threat, Rancid, AFI, Distillers, Ultimate Fakebook, Yesterdays Kids, Palo Alto, Lagwagon, Riddlin Kids, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Autopilot Off, Dropkick Murphys, Vendetta Red, Fall Out Boy, Yellowcard, Goldfinger, Billy Talent, Alkaline Trio, Millen Colin, Postal Service, Catch 22, Good Charlotte...the list goes on.

I can dig the old stuff like Journey, Foreigner, the Who, anything 70s, 80s, 90s..whatever.

Some of the real hardcore metal, like cannibal corpse is too much for me.

Like i said, if it sounds good, ill listen to it. Melodic, slow, fast, whatever.

Id have to say though, that im probably 96% rock. the rest is rap, and light stuff like everclear and U2

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                  I own, and listen to, just about every type of music - except country. I'll give props to the Hank Williams/Jr and maybe Johhny Cash, but other than that, I just cannot relate. Listen to...eh..can but i wont be a happy person afterwards

Rap - I own the typical "every-white-boy-own-this" rap CD. i.e; eminem, nelly, 2pac, wu-tang, tech n9ne, cypress hill, will smith. My new fav is probly "Party Like a Rockstar" or "Make It Rain (Remix)"

Onto Rock/Metal...

In alphabetical order, in favorite order, whatever the order i could go on. If it sounds good, I can dig it. Whether it be one song or all songs. SOme stuff i like new but not old, others i like old but not new. KoRn, for example, love the old stuff, not too big on the new shit. Same with Limp Bizkit.

Adema, BoyHitsCar, Slaves On Dope, Metallica, AC/DC, Primer55, Orgy, SoiL, Kittie, Flyleaf, Killswitch Engage, Murderdolls, Mudvayne, Ultrspank, PM5K, Marilyn Manson, NIN, Poison The Well, Union Underground, Dope, Pitchshifter, Fear Factory, Drowning Pool, Spineshank, Static-X...SOaD, Slipknot, Nonpoint, Disturbed, Chevelle, then the weird stuff like Mindless Self Indulgence, ICP/Twiztid/Dark Lotus.

The rock/rap stuff like Crazy Town, Limp Bizkit...

Punk/emo/ska/thrash/indie, etc - Relient K, NOFX, Social Distortion, Rufio, Best Interest, Flogging Molly, Operation Ivy, No Use For A Name, Box Car Racer, Blink182, Lucky Boys Confusion, Get Up Kids, Dashboard Confessional, MXPX, HotRod Circuit, Eve6, Me first & the gimme gimme's, Divit, Saves the Day, Starting Line, Hey Mercedes, greenwheel, marvelous 3, anti-nowhere league, the ataris, the used, unwritten law, the Donna's, Less than Jake, Gibbler, Melmac, Minor Threat, Rancid, AFI, Distillers, Ultimate Fakebook, Yesterdays Kids, Palo Alto, Lagwagon, Riddlin Kids, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Autopilot Off, Dropkick Murphys, Vendetta Red, Fall Out Boy, Yellowcard, Goldfinger, Billy Talent, Alkaline Trio, Millen Colin, Postal Service, Catch 22, Good Charlotte...the list goes on.

I can dig the old stuff like Journey, Foreigner, the Who, anything 70s, 80s, 90s..whatever.

Some of the real hardcore metal, like cannibal corpse is too much for me.

Like i said, if it sounds good, ill listen to it. Melodic, slow, fast, whatever.

Id have to say though, that im probably 96% rock. the rest is rap, and light stuff like everclear and U2

For the record i hate SOAD....fucking annoying.

Tool on the other hand i love. Just magnificent.

And Cannibal Corpse too much? Pffft ever heard Nile or Skinless?

Death is another amazing technical metal band.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                    For the record i hate SOAD....fucking annoying.
                    They started sucking with Mesmerize. When the guitarist started singing, I wanted to stab my ear drums to relieve the pain.
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
                      They started sucking with Mesmerize. When the guitarist started singing, I wanted to stab my ear drums to relieve the pain.

No they sucked from their first single on MTV....i was like omfg this is crap.

And its funny along the way people i talk to that might even listen to the same stuff i do are like dude how can you not like them...

i just dont....i have a sense of humor, except when it comes to music...i take that shit seriously....

like that fucking band that wore masks.....lamo...

Kiss did it 30 years ago assholes try and be a little more original.

Comment

But Slipknot is HARDCORE RIP YOUR FUCKING FACE OFF CUZ THEY CAN YOU FUCKING CONFORMIST PUSSY!!!
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

You're just now finding Suffocation?
                          Kataklysm is pretty badass. Check out Nile, they'll be on Ozzfest.

I never mentioned Mastodon? Probably because I don't like them. Their music bores me. Good musicians and apparently really funny guys but I don't like their style.

I think I'll post something called "My dissapointment and surprise of the Month".
                          Since it seems more and more bands are turning into poop I'm sure I can find one to rag on once a month. And yet there's always some offering from someone that makes me happy and want to suggest to others.

So let's actually do 2 sets now:

Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli
                          Oh god. Their latest offering is unlistenable. Their first two albums are good. Actually I like them a lot. Most have never heard them and think they have always sounded like the over produced, triggered kick drum galore, rock songs. You would be amazed how more black metal the first 2 albums are. Then EDT came out and was fairly good and they were obviously moving in a different direction. Then the next 2 albums pushed their popularity up and obvious movement away from real "dark" black metal. Which is probably why they became more popular like CoF. Then they released DCA in which they used an orchestra again. I could listen to this album because of this. I liked it when Metallica did it even if it's not true to what they have been doing. If it works it works. Not to mention a real composer arranged all the orchestration to the music so it should at least be coherant and add to the album.
                          Now their new album is out and it's just a mess. The first song has a cool opening and it's the only song I can listen to. Same sound they've been using but the songs go nowhere. Vortex's clean singing, which I really like(check out Allehelgens Død I Helveds Rike on DCA) seems out of place many times here, and they use him a lot on this album. The songs are boring, not heavy, and Shagrath's vocals annoy me. This new offering just plain sucks. Hang it up already!

Counterpoint: Satyricon's Now Diabolical

First listen gave me the same impression as Volcano. That we have here another former black metal band that has changed their style because, as they all say, "We had to evolve the music." Evolve meaning lose their drive and artistic touch. But I started to really listen to this album and it actually is really raw and heavy. First thing you'll notice is the drumming. Not as crazy but it has a raw feel. I find myself drumming along more so than any other of their albums not just because it's less complex. (Check out Frost on 1349 if you want absolute crazy drumming)
                          And I find myself chanting along and throwing the metal fist a lot. This is a very concert friendly album. But it really isn't like the latest Dimmu or CoF. It's not fast. The drudgyness and repetitive guitar lines makes it black and heavy. Satyr still has a sick metal voice and Frost is always good on drums. It's catchy in a good way and you know an album is good when you have to listen to it again and again to appreciate it more. Check out "The Pentagram Burns"(trumpets!) And my new favorite "To the Mountains".
                          This one blows DB out of the water.

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Yes i am now just finding Suffocation.....im slow when it comes to finding music but its ok because i appreciate it just that much more.

I could see where Mastadon would bore you from what youve mentioned so far...

i like them, its different.

Dimmu i never liked....listenable but not my style i guess.

Comment

Jeez, I took so long to post that and got all these in my way.

I can see why someone wouldn't like SOAD. The guitarist's singing was out of control on the last ones. But they are fun and were different than all the nu-metal crap that was coming out.

Second disappointment and surprise:

Shadows Fall - Threads Of Life

I guess I could have seen this coming. Rehashing of what they have already done yet somehow filtered through poo to end up with a boring pointless record. Please guys call it quits now. They're still really fun live especially if they play with other bands they're friends with. But this new one does nothing. At least Lamb of God changed their style slightly and ended up with a cool album to listen to.

Go and listen to:

3 inches of Blood - Fire Up The Blades

Most people could never get into these guys. And I don't even like 80's high-pitched metal but these guys are so fun like Dragonforce. Not evil dark and heavy, just solid guitars and fun to sing along, ridiculously full of energy songs and vocals. All their albums rule! Metal for the D&D fan. A few of their best songs are named "Destroy the Orcs" and "Balls of Ice". That tells you right there. I saw these guys in a basement of a barn with like 50 people, maybe. Poring rain outside. So fun.

MY RIDE

Comment

hmmm yea

Shadows fall

And ill have to check that band out, i love Dragonforce..

There was another band that was pretty good....pyschosis or psytropics...

some shit like that, they are fucking out of this world...its DM..

As far as metal goes my fav band is still Slayer.

Motherfucking Show no Mercy. Haunting the Chapel was a good album too.

Comment

Working...
                                X