Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brand of Flat Screen HD Tv to stay away from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmart64
    That is the resolving power...if you curious the equation is dsin(theta) = 1.22(lambda) *yea, I applied physics
    Hell yeah, Rayleigh criterion ftw...lol. That's for diffraction-limited optics though, which the average eye doesn't quite count as, IIRC.
    Last edited by cjv998; 02-12-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

47" LG - 1080p - 3 HDMI inputs

That's what I'm gettin' soon.... That bitch is going on an adjustable tilting wall bracket!! Hahaha!
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i recommend vizio, had one for two years with no problems whatsoever. the only time ive seen an olevia, it looked like complete shit. party because the people who owned it were idiots when it comes to electronics, but it was a really cheap tv
        Driving before toke:
        Driving after toke:

Promote friendly driving, Toke!

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

from personal experience, the Samsungs get my vote. i have a 61in. slim-DLP in the living room and a Samsung 32in. LCD in the bedroom. the PS3, and Blue-Ray/HD movies, tv, and pictures look amazing on the DLP. the 32in LCD has great picture quality for a LCD-HDTV; the PS3 looked just as good on the LCD(smaller pics of course when compared to the DLP) but upgrade to the 42in. LCD and you'll get 1080p resolution.
          i was a diehard Sony fan for awhile, but after reading reviews, and doing some research, the Samsungs were the better buy. plus, look at their sleek cabinets for their tvs.. that gloss black is just too beautiful.

for more info, check out this forum:
          AVS
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

if you go to best buy, STAY AWAY FROM WESTING HOUSE.

Westinghouse is the worst brand I've ever seen. There was a Westinghouse right next to a Samsung at my local best buy yesterday, and oh my god. The picture was all choppy on the westinghouse, it was absolutely terrible. The Samsung on the otherhand, smooth as silk

Comment

yeah we have a samsung LCD, great tv.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by xczechboyx
                Dony buy, Olevia, Polariod, Element, Westinghouse, or any other off brand. I sell tvs at Circuit City and those brands are the worst. Vizio is ok, but for $100 you can get a much better tv. Look into the Sony 32m3000 or the samsung lnt3242h, both are around $700 when they are on sale and are really good for the price.
                Besides the above, I'd also stay away from Toshiba. I believe most if not all of the Toshiba TVs today are built by Emerson. Which is a so-so brand for TVs. (Same goes for the brand Orion in the past).

At one point a few years back Westinghouse Electronics was sold to Toshiba. These days the W brand is commercializing on a memory of what was vs. what they make now. I've had problems even with the Westinghouse branded lightbulbs.
                '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Hitachi gets my vote.

my parents have only owned hitachi. and I will own a hitachi when i get my own place. my children will own hitachi, and my children's children will have hitachi's. so on... and so forth.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Panasoinic is good in terms of Flat Screen tvs heard my rents got one but I haven't seen it yet.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      a VERY good rule to go by is to get a tv that is ONE SIZE LARGER than what you think you want. i have a 37" toshiba regza that i wish was a 42". i'd recommend any of the toshiba regzas. tons of features, GREAT PRICE, plenty of options, reliable as hell, etc. they've made a name for themselves.
                      I have the 42" Regza...it's a great TV, and a very good deal. It's a 720p, but it looks beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                        I have the 42" Regza...it's a great TV, and a very good deal. It's a 720p, but it looks beautiful.
                        I forgot you had that. 360 graphics look bad ass as well. Give it a couple years though the prices are starting to go down a little by little.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I have an LG. I got it on sale and it rocks.
                          Im not sure what other people think but it works for me.

Comment

anythin made in china or walmart. ROFL

Comment

I got my mind set on a Samsung.
                              "form follows function."
                              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                                Samsung is nice, but I bought a flat panel 25" from Sears and the first week I got it it started to turn wierd color, like someone put a magnet next to it. End up losing the reciept and giving the tv to my parents. LOL.

eventually this will go away...but im not sure about it if its a plasma

*Needs*
                                -New shocks
                                -Struts
                                -Drop
                                -Cleaning
                                -New Tires/Wheels
                                -New Window Tint
                                -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Working...
                                X