No announcement yet.

Dropped or Slammed TSX pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people care. When I was looking for an Accord replacement, I wanted it to be faster, more comfortable, better handling, good looking, reliable and relatively affordable.

Seems like some fairly basic criteria to me. I didn't see a reason to pay 30k for a 4 cylinder Accord. And lets face it, the current gen Accord has almost all of the same interior gizmos as the TSX and for the same money you get a V6. So explain how speed isn't an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket View Post
      Agreed.

I looked at TSX before I bought my Suby...too slow for what you pay for it. Yes, it does have a nice interior but I couldn't get over paying 28k for a car that is no faster than my previous swapped CB.
      thats why i wont be paying no $28k silly. ill be getting a '04-'05 model. the new ones look like ass and twat put together. lol.

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      Who gives a F about speed in a TSX?? You think the owners give a rats A about how fast their car is? This whole hype about speed is rediculous. People who buy TSX's buy them for the ride, comfort, and looks. Not to take it to a track and see how fast the 200 horses will get them down to the end.
      well i might be kind of an exceppion. ill be getting it for both looks and performance. btu the most ill do to it is MAYBE a shot of the juice. but if i dont do that then it'll be completed with full coilover set up, cat back exhaust, and some nice 17s and intake. and thats it.

A lot of people care. When I was looking for an Accord replacement, I wanted it to be faster, more comfortable, better handling, good looking, reliable and relatively affordable.

Seems like some fairly basic criteria to me. I didn't see a reason to pay 30k for a 4 cylinder Accord. And lets face it, the current gen Accord has almost all of the same interior gizmos as the TSX and for the same money you get a V6. So explain how speed isn't an issue?

i wouldnt get one of the newer accords tho. nice my tastes. eww.

Comment

I don't really like the new Accords either, but the interiors are top notch and hell, an EX model basically gets you a TSX engine anyway.

I just wish they weren't so big!

Final thought, I in no way dispute the 1st gen TSX is a good looking car.

And people that don't care about speed shop at Lexus. Performance, what's that?

Comment

Tell that to anyone who buys an IS-F. Or myself for that matter.

Comment

IS-F is the exception, not the rule. And it doesn't matter if its got 10 speeds, a slushbox is a slushbox.

Besides, an M3 is much better value for money and a better car to boot.

Comment

I don't really like the new Accords either, but the interiors are top notch and hell, an EX model basically gets you a TSX engine anyway.

I just wish they weren't so big!

Final thought, I in no way dispute the 1st gen TSX is a good looking car.

yeah. the newer accord look like freakin trucks in the front. eww.

Originally posted by Dv8 View Post
              Tell that to anyone who buys an IS-F. Or myself for that matter.
              listen to this guy. he had a freakin Skyline. a car that NO ONE else on this site has had. and i dont say that in a sarcastic tone either.

IS-F is the exception, not the rule. And it doesn't matter if its got 10 speeds, a slushbox is a slushbox.

Besides, an M3 is much better value for money and a better car to boot.
              M3 isnt a better car. performance wise yeah. sure. who cares. its freakin BMW. a car manufacture who does nothing but produce cars made for performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                yeah. the newer accord look like freakin trucks in the front. eww.

listen to this guy. he had a freakin Skyline. a car that NO ONE else on this site has had. and i dont say that in a sarcastic tone either.

M3 isnt a better car. performance wise yeah. sure. who cares. its freakin BMW. a car manufacture who does nothing but produce cars made for performance.
                How is the M3 sedan NOT a better car?
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

its freakin BMW. a car manufacture who does nothing but produce cars made for performance.
                  Come again? An h22 swapped Accord lays waste to most bottom and middle range BMWs. An h22 Accord is by no means a performance car. If A > B and A < C...
                  Last edited by texasvtak; 12-09-2008, 12:22 AM.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    How is the M3 sedan NOT a better car?
                    its in a different class man. the TSX isnt for performance. the M3 is. im not saying its not a better car. you cant compare the 2 because of that difference.

Comment

its in a different class man. the TSX isnt for performance. the M3 is. im not saying its not a better car. you cant compare the 2 because of that difference.
                      I am talking about M3 vs IS-F.

As for TSX vs whatever, the TSX is a supremely refined car that has a lively well sorted chassis.

Some people want more power, some don't.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I am talking about M3 vs IS-F.

As for TSX vs whatever, the TSX is a supremely refined car that has a lively well sorted chassis.

Some people want more power, some don't.
                        oh ok. lol. yeah. um. i saw the IS-F and just from the looks and sounds of it, its nice. ill take a look at the M3 tho.

as for the TSX. just a tad bit more power and ill be good. i just want a reliable DD that looks good without all the paint and body work. lol.

Comment

IS what?

Last edited by NutBucket; 12-09-2008, 01:39 AM.

Comment

IS what?

once again in a different class. BMW builds nothing but performance cars. Lexus. well....the IS300, GS300, and the SC400 are all mainly for style and comfort. the IS-F has the torque, but like he said, it's in the upper RPM range thats hard to get to. corning? well once again, i dont think it was made like the BMW was. not made for taking corners. just made for luxury...

all of this or course is my own opinion. not fact.

Comment

The TSX and TL are both amazing cars, but honestly, the TL is just more.

Also, you don't see many young people driving them because they are too expensive, not because they wouldn't like to.
                              Thats exactly what i was saying...honestly from a price prospective i thought the TL would have cost more vs the TSX.
                              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                              ....................My New Baby
                              SOLD TO
                              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

once again in a different class. BMW builds nothing but performance cars. Lexus. well....the IS300, GS300, and the SC400 are all mainly for style and comfort. the IS-F has the torque, but like he said, it's in the upper RPM range thats hard to get to. corning? well once again, i dont think it was made like the BMW was. not made for taking corners. just made for luxury...

all of this or course is my own opinion. not fact.
                                Opinion? The 750 is a performance car? Well, compared to the LS460 perhaps but certainly not in the true sense of the word.

Get the facts straight. The IS-F is meant to compete directly with the M3 and C63 Merc, period. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X