hehehe finally at long last....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    6000K is def not better output. And just cause nobody had problems with the $150 lights doesnt mean they are worth installing. Id get em for the lenses/bezels and toss the rest.
    the 6000k bulbs i have have the look of my wifes 2010 TSX. they're a crap load better than the 6000k DDM tuning bulbs i had. i can see better at night too. maybe it was the quality of the bulb.

as far as the headlights. we'll see on those. the sanding and clear coat job i did the other day seems to have dont the trick...for the time being.

Comment

Try a high-quality 4300k HID kit like morimoto. you'll be amazed at how much MORE you'll see than with "hella fresh" blue lights.

And if you end up getting the depos take the advice here and swap over the OEM optics. Win win. kinda...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        having a car paid off feel good dont it? lol. one of the reasons i liked having a CB. it was paid off. haha.
        It does man, its just a Versa but I can modify now. Its not a TSX but if its my dd i might as well enjoy it. Haha

I love the color of your TSX. I saw a white one slammed on silver wheels the other day, it was sex.
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
          Try a high-quality 4300k HID kit like morimoto. you'll be amazed at how much MORE you'll see than with "hella fresh" blue lights.

And if you end up getting the depos take the advice here and swap over the OEM optics. Win win. kinda...
          Or even an OEM bulb. I'm running Phillip 85122+s and they have perfect color and good performance.

I'm certain the Philips cost less than both pairs of the crap 6000Ks and will last longer too.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Or even an OEM bulb. I'm running Phillip 85122+s and they have perfect color and good performance.

I'm certain the Philips cost less than both pairs of the crap 6000Ks and will last longer too.

Word.

I run the 85122's in my D2S 2.0's. hidbulbzrus on eBay sells them for like $68 shipped for a pair. Killer deal for OEM performance.

Side note: All Phillips 85122+ bulbs are just 85122 now. All the bulbs they produce now have the + technology (little to no color shift) so they got rid of the + to simplify things.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post

the 6000k i have arent what you think. they actually hardly have any blue to them. its more like a SLIGHT tinge of blue. they're actually the same brightness as my wifes 2010 TSX headlights. exactly what i was looking for. not sure if it was a mix-up or what and i got 5000k instead but if not, the 6000k look great and are bright as fack.

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
              It does man, its just a Versa but I can modify now. Its not a TSX but if its my dd i might as well enjoy it. Haha

I love the color of your TSX. I saw a white one slammed on silver wheels the other day, it was sex.
              haha. i thought about painting mine white or a glossy black but decided to keep this color. going to find some white wheels later on. Rota Grids 17x9s.

the factory bulbs are 4300k. didnt like the output. yellowish color. no thanks. got the 6000k from DDM Tuning. they didnt seem bright enough either. i've had 6000k on my 01 accord before and it was brighter than these. got the 6000k off Amazon and these are a crap load better.

Comment

the 6000k i have arent what you think. they actually hardly have any blue to them. its more like a SLIGHT tinge of blue. they're actually the same brightness as my wifes 2010 TSX headlights. exactly what i was looking for. not sure if it was a mix-up or what and i got 5000k instead but if not, the 6000k look great and are bright as fack.

the factory bulbs are 4300k. didnt like the output. yellowish color. no thanks. got the 6000k from DDM Tuning. they didnt seem bright enough either. i've had 6000k on my 01 accord before and it was brighter than these. got the 6000k off Amazon and these are a crap load better.
                They're not what i think? How do you know? I've been there, done that. I've tried 6k, 5k, even 12k bulbs! from different manufacturers. I can tell you with certainty that there is a big difference in quality AND brightness between cheap kits and well priced quality kits.

DDM 6k is garbage compared to Phillips, Osram or even Morimoto. Try a QUALITY kit before you go on saying they're "bright as fack". And 6k is quite blue compared to 5k. If yours really only have a "slight tinge of blue" then you probably didn't get what you paid for. Another reason to stay away from eBay/amazon vendors selling cheap DDM kits.

Food for thought: The more blue your headlights are the less overall visibility you will have since the human eye picks up yellow/white light much easier than blue/purple light.

But if only trying to look "cool" is what you want and visibility isn't a factor then fuck it. Personally, i think super blue HIDs are going the way of the ricer wing and body kits.
                Last edited by islandhopper; 03-16-2014, 12:08 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

The best color for visibility is yellowish-white. If blue was better for seeing stock headlights would be blue.

Don't be a ricer dude, you are too old and have been in the game too long for this.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The one time I ordered HIDs, the box from the manufacturer stated that they were rated as 5000k/6000k. Most companies (cheaper ones) tend to sell the same bulb for two or more different temperature ranges.

Natural light is 4300k (which is what human eyes have evolved to see the best). Although 5000k isn't far off, I do not, and will never trust the ratings that most companies put on their bulbs.

It might not look that blue to you, it is. And it is most likely a lot bluer looking to other drivers; not to mention distracting (If the proper cut-offs and projectors aren't used).

Comment

exactly Glory. i have been in the game long enough to know that the bluer it is, the less actually useable light i have. i'll have to take a pic tomorrow night to prove to yall how bright they actually are.

Comment

haha. i thought about painting mine white or a glossy black but decided to keep this color. going to find some white wheels later on. Rota Grids 17x9s.
                        Good idea. White wheels would be sexy.
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                          Good idea. White wheels would be sexy.
                          yes indeed. not sure if i want to paint my wheels this weekend or not. white, bronze, silver....IDK....ugh. google'd some TSX with different color wheels. lol.

headlights with 6000k bulbs

i need to take one of these nights and angle them properly. the cut off on either side seems to be off...

Comment

new lip came in. fits perfectly!!

Saturday plans:
                            -paint lip
                            -paint shift knob, wheels, and spark plug cover
                            -front end alignment

Comment

headlights with 6000k bulbs

i need to take one of these nights and angle them properly. the cut off on either side seems to be off...
                              Those were listed as 6k?! dang, they're really white compared to a true 6k.

Here's my 4.3k Phillips 85122 in my mori mini D2S 2.0 projectors. They were from an older batch of the 85122 so they color shifted to about 5k...slightly bluer than the new 85122+ that im running now, which are just white, no blue except for the color flicker at the cut-off.

Looking at the color of your "6k" bulbs i'd say they're much more likely to be 5k that were mis-labeled or still have yet to fully color shift into 6k. I guess you just can't trust DDM bulbs to be true to their listed color temperature...

They don't look half bad! Most likely attributed to the quality of the TSX projector. The cut-off looks OK for a fresnel lens with DDM bulbs. If the pic was taken on level ground then i'd adjust them ever-so-slightly clockwise to even things out...but really, it looks fine to me as far as alignment goes.

The issue im seeing is there is a slight "flare" on either side of the beam pattern. This happens a lot with aftermarket bulbs that don't seat properly. If you got them to sit flush with their receptacles you might see it go away and probably gain some beam intensity since the bulb will shine on the reflector bowl more completely.

Im relieved to see they're not super blue. The color is actually a pretty good compromise between looks and visibility. Although i would still recommend an OEM bulb for max output and proper bulb seat.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I got rid of the DDM Tuning bulbs. These I got off amazon.com. o figured they might 5000k because of the color. Either way I'm happy. I've had the OEM bulbs. 4300k. No thanks. Too yellow. Barely could see the road. With these I can see better in the rain and at night.

The next thing I want to do is get some HIDs for the fog lights I have. Not sure if I want to pit them back in just yet tho. With those I'll go with a 3000k kit for those.i gotta reseal them tho. They keep getting water in them. Plus going to find some way to put a protective coating on the face to keep them from getting cracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X