No announcement yet.

new top speed thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cruise control at 118 in some country roads got passed by a brand new cadillac cts or somethin. wouldnt race me lol just cruisin, it was a black woman, i dont think she knew how fast she was goin either
    ]

Comment

/\/\/\/\ hahahahaha that is great. i have seen a few people like that, I was following a Nav. and all of a sudden i look down at the speedo we are at 100 and i was like shit. just going past the traffic cruise'n

Comment

My top speed is 65mph Still paying off a 110mph speeding ticket.
        Got lucky as hell, I was driving my moms camry (2dr 95)home from work
        at 2:00 am, got popped by a crown vic BUT he didn't impound the car and
        didin't get me for not wearin my glasses to drive at night. However 2 points
        and a 427.00 fine later I'm over it. But now I got 3 points and have to drive like a grandma. Anyways to add to the thread I got my 87' rx-7 turbo2 up to
        143mph at 4000 in 5th gear Let off because of traffic but wanted to break 150
        Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

yea i got around 125 to scared to look at my speedometer but for a glance
          i have a replacement cone filter headers strait pipe to a greddy exaustand thats it on engine mods and its an auto ....awww ima break 125 soon when i get the turbo kit from Todd. 14 B nukkas awaawa

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
          nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
          nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
          nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
          nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Got to 130 in my '93 EX 5sp. 130 in my 93' SE with room to go. No mods, just factory and premium gas.

Fastest I've ever gone was 142 in a 1998 740i. The BMW felt WAY more confident at that speed than my cars did at 100. I don't think Hondas enjoys high speeds as much at the germans do

BTW, I'm not pushing 100+ until I at least get H rated Michelins. The guy before me put on S rated yokohamas I hate it when people downgrade stock. It's just insulting.

The reason the LX's are limited at 115 is because of the stock Michelin Lxi tires were S rated (112 mph). Us EX/SE's got the H rated MXV4's (130 mph)

I believe they relied on the car's stock mechanical limits to not exceed 130 on the EX/SE.

Comment

120 MPH in my mom's '99 Accord F23 (tires rated for 118)

120 in my dad's '95 Prelude F22 (tires rated for 130)

The Accord had some power left, but those tires suck, so I didn't wanna push them. The Prelude didn't have much left and it took a little while to get to 120. Those were both on the highway (70MPH posted limit). I've also hit 97MPH in somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 mile right before my neighborhood in the '99 Accord. Waiting to test my car sometime soon (H23)
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

I had it at 7200 but hit the wrong button on my damn phone and took this pic when I was slowing down. My gauges are slightly off since they go to 140 and the stock ones went to 130, so I'm guessing 7200rpms in 5th is about 130mph.

Comment

speed limiter scared the shit out of me

jdm f22a
                  ram air intake
                  catback
                  --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Got bored and took my dads 01' ford zx2 coupe car for a spin, practiced the manual. anywho, i hit 110 in that car fairly easily. then i took my car out on the same road at about 110 and realized stock brakes arent good for high speed braking, hah..

Comment

max i have gone was in my old sedan. hit about 121, pretty much stock f22.

took this car up to 115(on speedo)* fairly easily punching it in 5th on way home from Nashville but hit 118 and CB antenna fell over and left some scratches in the trunk, so I had to slow down and fix it.

*I am running 205/60/15's so its supposed to be off like 2-3 mph at 60 i think it was.

I'll top her out one time. Not in any rush though. Not too many straight roads here without unpredictable old people, since they would come over right in front of ya doing 50 while your doing 100.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
                        Fastest I've ever gone was 142 in a 1998 740i. The BMW felt WAY more confident at that speed than my cars did at 100. I don't think Hondas enjoys high speeds as much at the germans do
                        [/IMG]
                        man yesterday i was in my friends NSX 1990 and we went from 60 to 150 in atleast one football field length of time so hondas do enjoy goin fast aswell. he also says the fastest hes gone in that car is 169 he wanted to hit 170 but there where cars up ahead.. he did this a night and his lights raise up i think if he had his lights down his aerodynamics would have been better makin him go faster..... but before i ramble on..... 140
                        Last edited by 1993sE; 05-24-2005, 07:29 AM. Reason: messed up

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

if he put his lights down wouldnt he not have been able to see?

Comment

its depends on where you are. Around the city its lit up pretty well and you coule get away with out having them on. but i wouldn't even try it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
                              man yesterday i was in my friends NSX 1990 and we went from 60 to 150 in atleast one football field length of time so hondas do enjoy goin fast aswell. he also says the fastest hes gone in that car is 169 he wanted to hit 170 but there where cars up ahead.. he did this a night and his lights raise up i think if he had his lights down his aerodynamics would have been better makin him go faster..... but before i ramble on..... 140
                              that woulda been great and all if they made an nsx in 90'. earliest model was 91' and the introduction of VTEC in america if i am correct?
                              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
                                that woulda been great and all if they made an nsx in 90'. earliest model was 91' and the introduction of VTEC in america if i am correct?
                                u got it

Comment

Working...
                                X