No announcement yet.

So Canada, what's new with your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

degreased my hood and parts of the engine bay...its actually white!! painted some rust spots as well and finally installed my aem short ram this week, need to hit the junkyard and grab a longer vacuum line to connect to it though,...its been over a month and teknotik still doesnt have the rest of my stuff:@
    IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

I bought a set of cheap aftermarket fog lights at Princess Auto the other day. I've got them mounted, but the harness won't reach. I'm taking the opportunity to do it up right and make a better harness with a relay that I can connect into the existing lighting wiring so that way it'll be integrated with the headlight reminder.

Comment

The fog lights are all properly and cleanly wired in with the switch in the centre console where the seat heater switches would be.

While I was under the dash doing wiring, I also took the opportunity to hook up the siren on the alarm which had been disconnected

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBucket View Post
          The fog lights are all properly and cleanly wired in with the switch in the centre console where the seat heater switches would be.

While I was under the dash doing wiring, I also took the opportunity to hook up the siren on the alarm which had been disconnected
          you think the factory alarm can be wired to a normal switch to turn on without having to be activated by the remote?

Comment

I don't know much of anything about the Accord factory alarm; the one in my car is an aftermarket one.

I would imagine that the factory alarm would be armed when you lock the doors with the key
            Come to think of it, the Acura Legend I used to own had a factory alarm and I didn't have any remotes. It defintiely armed without the remotes because I set it off a few times because of a bad driver's door unlock sensor.

On my Q45, the remotes didn't work, but the factory alarm still armed itself when you locked the doors with the key and would disarm when you unlocked them with the key. I was well aware of this because the trunk tamper swich had problems and would set off the alarm sometimes if you unlocked the trunk with the key.

Comment

Originally posted by sanJ_01 View Post
              you think the factory alarm can be wired to a normal switch to turn on without having to be activated by the remote?
              From my knowledge the CB's in North America never had any OEM alarm system or even as an option. Maybe in other markets but not ours. The wagon models have keyless entry via infrared on higher end trims but I never heard of an alarm.

Correct me if I am wrong.

/// SIDENOTE ///

Originally posted by Jukesbox View Post
              ^
              started my car just now...getting excited to do engine work spring cant get here sooner...also excited for cb7t meets this year, cause i know Josh is gonna work his ass off like he always does to set up these meets so everyone needs to show some love and actually fucking go to these things for fucks sakes
              Originally posted by honda_mike View Post
              AMEN!!!! we need meets like cb7t has in the states!!
              Thanks guys!
              This year it seems it will be better that last year. We have multiple members doing full or somewhat overhauls on their CB's here and should be ready for next season. So will mine, somewhat. Lets help each other out and get them ready! I'm working on a spring meet right now. I know what it is and what we are going to do. There will be a theme and will be better than last years meets. All of this years meets will be better than last hear. It seems like we will all be ready this season. Hopefully we will finally be able to show this city that there is other Honda's than just Civic's and Integra's. Lets do it, large. You guys will like it, you will.

You will.....

Last edited by CB7Nub; 02-08-2012, 02:24 AM.
              Current:
              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

No huge progress.. Gor the engine, trans, 12v wiring harness out of the Tercel and got a low km imported twin cam ... probably work on getting that shitter together.

Celsior is sold

Celica got a new o2 sensor, axle seal, and the belt tensioner fixed.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post

Thanks guys!
                  This year it seems it will be better that last year. We have multiple members doing full or somewhat overhauls on their CB's here and should be ready for next season. So will mine, somewhat. Lets help each other out and get them ready! I'm working on a spring meet right now. I know what it is and what we are going to do. There will be a theme and will be better than last years meets. All of this years meets will be better than last hear. It seems like we will all be ready this season. Hopefully we will finally be able to show this city that there is other Honda's than just Civic's and Integra's. Lets do it, large. You guys will like it, you will
                  you got that right about overhauls , i only went to the spring one last year, couldnt make it to any others, but hope we can get a fair amount of people to come out and hang with the Ontario CB crew espacially all the newcomers as well.

New heart and soul H22A4
                  Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
                  Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
                  Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

From my knowledge the CB's in North America never had any OEM alarm system or even as an option. Maybe in other markets but not ours. The wagon models have keyless entry via infrared on higher end trims but I never heard of an alarm.
                    thats wierd then, i saw a couple threads on here with pictures included, and mine always had the alarm led in the unused "third space" beside the emergency blinkers and rear-defroster, and when i was having my horn problems a while back i thought i'd found the horn hidden in the bay but it turned out to be that typical honda alarm you hear all over scarborough lol

Comment

Sent the twin cam head out to the machine shop, block going next week ... Both for the Tercel

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                      dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Megan header gaskers are ABSOLUTE SHIT.

1st - Spring 2011) Header to flexpipe gasket goes, replaced and silcone'd up.
                        2nd - Fall 2011) Flexpipe to cat gasket goes
                        3rd - Winter 2012) Header to flexpipe goes again

Do NOT use Megan gaskets if you get this crappy header.
                        Not worth your time.
                        Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Josh, i think i have one at the shop if you want it...its yours mang

A & A Auto Service
                          Pro-Spec
                          TorontoJDM
                          "Driven daily, or not at all"

Comment

Oh sick! Which one? Thanks bud!
                            I'm thinking of just getting brand new OEM ones at the stealership though, no more games lol.
                            I've had my year of "exhaust leak biplane action".
                            Current:

Past:

Comment

Oh sick! Which one? Thanks bud!
                              I'm thinking of just getting brand new OEM ones at the stealership though, no more games lol.
                              I've had my year of "exhaust leak biplane action".
                              did yours just bolt onto the cat? cause mine ends with like a triangle shaped surface for bolting but my cat doesnt have something that matches up, im guessing i'd have to get it welded? if you have any underside shots of your car after the install josh...link them!

Comment

I have pictures.
                                Problem is, I have 3 desktop computers, 3 laptops, lots of SD cards, and a 2TB external drive and a 320GB external drive. I have NO idea which one it's on and I really DON'T feel like going thru all that hahaha.

But yeah it has a triangle part and it bolted right to the cat which is OEM.
                                Don't weld it! I had issues with the header not fitting. It's just a little hard once the flexpipe pipe and the cat-back to line up and get the bolts in because you can't really flex it around that much.

I COULD of installed it myself with GREAT headaches, maybe not actually.
                                But I got it installed for $60. No issues.
                                Just DON'T use the Megan gaskets or you will sound like a biplane in 3 months.
                                Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                                X