X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get a ball joint press or a air hammer will take them out

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      I could never live in a big city, one-way streets annoy me to no end.

As it would take nearly a month to organize and get those free ball joints, it's not worth it for me so I went out and bought the two driver side fronts today. To be installed on my next day off, then I'll get the passenger's and possibly rears next Thursday. Any tips for knocking those things loose? They were stubborn so I gave up and went a different route when I swapped the transmission.
      Are those the upper ball joints or lower. I did the upper ball joints last night in no time. That was with the control arms though. The lowers are a PITA I am gonna have a tech help me do em from work. Did you buy adjustable ball joints?

Rip It Up
      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Not adjustable, just what AutoZone had for OEM replacement. Got the upper with the A-arm and the lower. I'll check out Harbor Freight in the morning and see if they have an uninstall-install kit for cheap. I got deadblow and sledge hammers, hopefully I can at least get the upper on before work tomorrow.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

uppers are cake the lowers are different your best bet is to take the whole arm off and remove the rotor and hub cause its super tight and just get them pressed out and new ones back in

Comment

yup yup, i'm gettin an alignment tomorrow, then gotta save up for intercooler, ARP headstuds, Tial Wastgate, timing belt, water pump, motor mounts, cometic head gasket, and ask one of our tech's to help me change all that shit. damn thats a lot of dough i have to save, shit. PLUS i still need to get an ECU with a basemap.....fuck

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
              yup yup, i'm gettin an alignment tomorrow, then gotta save up for intercooler, ARP headstuds, Tial Wastgate, timing belt, water pump, motor mounts, cometic head gasket, and ask one of our tech's to help me change all that shit. damn thats a lot of dough i have to save, shit. PLUS i still need to get an ECU with a basemap.....fuck
              Don't use a cometic gasket. Only use OEM Honda head gaskets, they are good for well over 800hp and it's a Honda part.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Oh nice

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  Don't use a cometic gasket. Only use OEM Honda head gaskets, they are good for well over 800hp and it's a Honda part.
                  my thoughts exactly

Comment

That BJ job (teehee) was a bitch! Hammered on it for a while and nothing. then I remembered the LSD article from the current Project Car mag and how they used hot water to expand the ring gear, so I took a heat gun to the knuckle and it came right out. Then the outer CV joint jammed with the knuckle pivoted all the way out and it took a while of jerking it (teehee) to get it loose again, I had to unbolt the bottom of the strut tower for that one. But all done, I'm a lot quieter over the bumps. 5 more to go!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

geeze, i didn't need lower ball joints after all. I have -2.5 camber on the front wheels! wtf i need to get some good adjustable UCA'S

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

intersesting in the land of my cb today got some shit done made a short throw shifter 50-60% shorter throw....reshaved antenna hole with metal and looks super good exept the primer part lol got power to my antenna the bad/interesting part......gutted intake runners (took out butterflys however im soo dumb and had a wire in between one of the mounting areas and stripped threads on IM....UBER FAIL good thing i have an extra one oreily was closed by the time i needed new plentum gaskets lol and swaped wiring harnesses however i realized 91 accords have internal coil dizzy.....errr rewired the ingnition actually got some progress with the thing but at the same time it regressed lol but thats honda life next thing i wanna do is rear quarter panels and bisi cam and springs all motor f with 256k ftw hoping for 160whp we shall see how good i get at tuning without blowing anything up lol
                        Last edited by whitejdmcb7; 08-23-2010, 01:58 AM.

Comment

yeah i wanted to get a Bisi cam and i wanted to go All motor. The thing is that there is too many Civic/Teg kids out here and i'd rather blow them out of the water with boost than with All motor just to barely beat them. I want to put the Accord on the map Up here in NoCo and Denver.

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

yeah im mostly doing it to learn to street tune before boost

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                              I want to put the Accord on the map Up here in NoCo and Denver.
                              Amen! Becoming too popular might hurt my interest in the car, but the Accord's potential needs to be realised! Especially our CBs with these severely overlooked F22As. I felt a certain amount of pride to read Bisi praising the engine in Honda Tuning, saying our heads "outflow many ported B-series heads." I realise the bottom-end strength thanks to turbo90, but damn, that too? Granted I want an H-swap, but I'd like to keep the F and build it up all-motor on the side. Maybe make bay harnesses as plug-n-play as possible and swap back and forth between the two engines on alternating summers. It would keep things fun, if nothing else.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

the f22 is an amazingly well engineered engine honda used the f22 for 7 years then made the f23 basicly the same design just goes to show what it is capabable of

Comment

Working...
                                X