Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've recently had a change of heart on my project. I'm now going to build my CB to be a N/A instead of forced. Going to build it using Bisi internals, shotting for 300+whp. Sleeving at 90mm still and looking into compression, right now it sounds like 14:1 and Level x cam (red out @ 9200). I've based this decision on 3 thoughts; 1 cost effectiveness (was going to do a new garrett GT30r): 2 relative reliability and 3 bragging rights of course. As it stands I should have the motor build for $2000-$3000 pending labor costs and how much I end up doing myself! Anyway I just thought I'd chime in and let you all know the latest and greatest!

DON'T FORGET I'VE SET A DRIVE UP FOR THIS COMING SUNDAY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Airhonda92 View Post

So I've recently had a change of heart on my project. I'm now going to build my CB to be a N/A instead of forced. Going to build it using Bisi internals, shotting for 300+whp. Sleeving at 90mm still and looking into compression, right now it sounds like 14:1 and Level x cam (red out @ 9200). I've based this decision on 3 thoughts; 1 cost effectiveness (was going to do a new garrett GT30r): 2 relative reliability and 3 bragging rights of course. As it stands I should have the motor build for $2000-$3000 pending labor costs and how much I end up doing myself! Anyway I just thought I'd chime in and let you all know the latest and greatest!

DON'T FORGET I'VE SET A DRIVE UP FOR THIS COMING SUNDAY!!!!!!
      Thats pretty cool man..... Not to be a nay-sayer, but that sounds kind of far-fetched (cost-wise)

I could see the parts for the basic build costing you that much, internals-wise of course. Maybe Im just being naiive, but humor me real quick:

What piston/rod combo will you be using? What EMS will you be utilizing? What are your fuel system plans? What fuel are you planning to run? What are your plans for cooling system upgrades? who is doing your machine work (I.E. bore, hone, linebore, deck, resurfacing the head, cutting valves, installing springs/guides/retainers, installing pistons to rods, clearancing the pistons in the cylinders, balancing the rotating mass I.E. pistons, rods, crank? which company are you deciding to go with for bearings? Are you planning to run headstuds? will this still be your daily driver?

Like I said Im not trying to be a nay-sayer, but the $2-3k price figure in your posts seems unrealistic, all things considered. Even if you do everything except the tuning and machine work yourself, you're still looking at an extremely pretty penny to get it done correct, safely, and reliably....
      '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Originally posted by h22cb719 View Post
        Thats pretty cool man..... Not to be a nay-sayer, but that sounds kind of far-fetched (cost-wise)

I could see the parts for the basic build costing you that much, internals-wise of course. Maybe Im just being naiive, but humor me real quick:

What piston/rod combo will you be using? What EMS will you be utilizing? What are your fuel system plans? What fuel are you planning to run? What are your plans for cooling system upgrades? who is doing your machine work (I.E. bore, hone, linebore, deck, resurfacing the head, cutting valves, installing springs/guides/retainers, installing pistons to rods, clearancing the pistons in the cylinders, balancing the rotating mass I.E. pistons, rods, crank? which company are you deciding to go with for bearings? Are you planning to run headstuds? will this still be your daily driver?

Like I said Im not trying to be a nay-sayer, but the $2-3k price figure in your posts seems unrealistic, all things considered. Even if you do everything except the tuning and machine work yourself, you're still looking at an extremely pretty penny to get it done correct, safely, and reliably....
        Haha well a little too much to respond to right now but pistons will be Bisi as well as rods. Like I said this is preliminary so far. I have a machineist locally who does all mine and my mechanics work and he treat me right. My figures are for long block, not the rest of the build and mostly parts at that. Once taxes come among other things the project will be off the paper and in the garage. It still holds true that a boosted setup will be higher cost and maintenance and less dependable. This, once complete, will definitely not be my daily driver. But it will be a street rod. Anyway, if I have time later I will get into specifics. As well, any and all suggestions on this build are most welcome! Later.

Comment

All these different ideas and builds, it would be pretty sick to test all the different aspects of thier performance and compare them.

Comment

I say all the power to you, and the best of luck! I'm one of those with the opinion that a turbo doesn't belong in a Honda engine. They're about high-revving natural power. Granted, I want a supercharger (looking at Jackson's new Rotrex systems), but the performance characteristics are similar enough .

Indeed, the small Mountain Region will one day be very representative of the CB7Tuner community as a whole! F22, H-swaps, nitrous, three different aspirations (I admit I've fantasized of twin charging...).
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-21-2010, 04:56 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Isn't there a saying that goes like: HP sells cars, tourqe wins races

Rip It Up
              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

If that's the case, we've all bought the wrong badge. Kinda similar to that, one of my automotive teachers did used to say something like 'torque gets you off the line, horsepower is what gets you down the track.'

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I miss my H....
                  '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

i hope my built head survives, people say when you mod the cam springs and retainers, the life of the head goes down... i'll post pics when i get the head paid for

all i can do is keep the temps down, clean oil and coolant, and pray. man, i wanna do a mountain run with you guys, next time though.
                    Last edited by nostringz; 10-24-2010, 01:08 AM.

Be Clean

Comment

The canyon runs to and from Estes were definitely fun with our little 4-car caravan. I was at the back of the line for the return trip, and a girl in a Hyundai was right on me, keeping up with us!

You all should come to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb next year. It's a very early meet-up, especially for us northerners, but that would be a fun drive/meet/lunch (small grilles allowed!)... if your cars are up to the hike.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-24-2010, 01:59 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Supposed to be a great day for a drive and no snow tires yet, usually there would be plenty of snow by now. Slow starting winter, guess we'll get dumped on in the spring.
                        Pikes Peak always sounded like a cool drive, might have to check it out next year.
                        Last edited by CarbonEuroR; 10-24-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
                          i hope my built head survives, people say when you mod the cam springs and retainers, the life of the head goes down... i'll post pics when i get the head paid for

all i can do is keep the temps down, clean oil and coolant, and pray. man, i wanna do a mountain run with you guys, next time though.
                          The life of the head will not go down with springs and retainers. the cam will wear more with new springs but were talking over 50k miles or so. heads dont just "wear out".

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Hey guys! How bout them RAIDERS!!!!!!!

Oh wait .. err, wrong thread .. gotta go!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                              Hey guys! How bout them RAIDERS!!!!!!!

Oh wait .. err, wrong thread .. gotta go!
                              Ha ha, who cares.

Rip It Up
                              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

dammit donkeys...

Be Clean

Comment

Working...
                                X