Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did my grille the same way (I even left the chrome around the H!), only I cut off that center horizontal strip, bondo'd the gaps, then stuck some Home Depot gutter mesh behind it. These little things can change the look of a car in a big way, and for just a couple bucks. What sucks is there are so many little projects I want to do to the CB, but I need to keep saving up for the swap! The wire tuck alone is pushing things back a week or two so I can do it properly when I have the motor out. I need a smaller battery and TAS has a nice trunk relocater kit...

Ed. - Are there any decent NoCo Maacos? I'm considering getting a cheap paint job just to ditch the faded and peeling clearcoat look... after the swap, of course.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-26-2010, 02:41 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So much has been going on here too. I decided to not boost my CB (Selling Parts). Throwing and H23 with VTEC head in soon. Buying a 92 Eagle Talon TSI.
      I am soo low on cash i feel worthless. Why can't i get paid weekly!! .

Whitejdmcb7: I will look at the price of the HG ASAP. I will let you know what goes down in a day or two.

CyborgGT: Why not Relocate you battery with some 2 gauge wire from Home Depote and a Marine Batterey Box its WAY cheaper.

Rip It Up
      Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        turbo90, where did you hide your fuse box? I can't find somewhere it'll fit without making a custom block.
        its behind the glove box. but thats also because i no longer have anything under the dash (ac/heat completely deleted) otherwise i would have extended the wires and mounted it behind the passenger side seat.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
          So much has been going on here too. I decided to not boost my CB (Selling Parts). Throwing and H23 with VTEC head in soon. Buying a 92 Eagle Talon TSI.
          I am soo low on cash i feel worthless. Why can't i get paid weekly!! .

Whitejdmcb7: I will look at the price of the HG ASAP. I will let you know what goes down in a day or two.

CyborgGT: Why not Relocate you battery with some 2 gauge wire from Home Depote and a Marine Batterey Box its WAY cheaper.
          eeeww dsm

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

I just like that TAS gives you everything you need all in one kit. Extending the fuse block wires back to the trunk, into a dual-space battery box could work. Which reminds me I was wanting to build a custom sub/amp box for a light-duty system with an incorporated battery box. I could kill two birds with one stone and also be ready for a future subwoofer. Do batteries need anything in the way of ventilation? And actually, there's that recess on the left side of the trunk that's completely useless, which would make for easy access to the fuses. My mind's reeling with ideas now.

Ed. ^ awesome sig.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-27-2010, 12:56 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7 View Post
              eeeww dsm
              Hey man EASY power might as well WOMP on some EVO's

Do batteries need anything in the way of ventilation?

Yes they do need to vent BUT you can just buy an optima and not worry about it.

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

One of those smaller batteries couldn't be mounted in a trunk safely without drilling a hole in the floor, then? They'd have enough amps for our cars though, right? I've heard Optimas aren't nearly as great as they're hyped up to be.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

lol jk man but odyessy batteries are very good they are a lot lighter and smaller i think password jdm sells em but just google it

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

One of those smaller batteries couldn't be mounted in a trunk safely without drilling a hole in the floor, then? They'd have enough amps for our cars though, right? I've heard Optimas aren't nearly as great as they're hyped up to be.
                    Well people say they are gel batteries but they are not. They have coiled cells which hold a lot more vibration than standard batteries and you can mount them any way you want. What you have to pay attention to is CCA and CA. Any optima Battery will be fine for our CB's.

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7 View Post
                    lol jk man but odyessy batteries are very good they are a lot lighter and smaller i think password jdm sells em but just google it
                    no worries.

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

I love DSMs and miss mine like crazy.... Have to take care of them very meticulously, but what nearly 20 year old car is that not the case on anyway?

Once I get tired of the CB I'll either be doing an h2b or another DSM. Nothing like going sideways when you grab second gear in an awd car.....
                      '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Originally posted by h22cb719 View Post
                        like going sideways when you grab second gear in an awd car.....

oh yeah man i can't wait

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

How many CCAs/CAs do we need? Password's largest capacity of the small batteries are the Odyssey 680 and 680MJ batteries (whatever MJ stands for...). 680 cranking amps for 5 seconds, 595 for 10, and 525 for 20 seconds.

My progress on the wire tuck so far:

Fender's on. The power steering reservoir and pump will be removed, but it's looking like I will have to wait until I have the engine out. I'm not going to bother tidying up the engine circuits until the swap either. The main harness is still routed out of the firewall, but then ran back up and under the wiper motor, and through the side...

It's all taped up very tightly and then covered in plastic loom. My left hand has been hurting for the last few days.

The main junction, all unwrapped and custom re-routed to be as clean as possible. You can see two circuits just kinda tucked away there... one's cruise control, I don't know why I'm not bothering to just cut it off. The other I honestly have no idea what it goes to! It's just been hanging out there for the longest time . I kept it unwrapped in the event I do find out what the connector plugs into.

Ran around the back of the wiper reservoir. Along with the A/C, these systems are staying in the car. Gotta have some amount of luxury, this is a daily driver after all.

Wires to the lights, A/C, alternator ground, and secondary fan are kept as out of the way as possible.

I'm not going to start with the passenger side until I have the new battery for the trunk and a mount box made up. Just in case I have to move the car for whatever reason.

Ed. - just got some thin plywood from Home Depot for the trunk floor I was wanting to make, it was cheap enough. Luckily I live close enough to walk. I only needed a 4.5' by 4' slab, and it came in either 4'x4' or 4'x8'. Yeah, I had it cut, then walked it all home. Took about 15 minutes or so. Saving Abel kicks ass, btw.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-27-2010, 10:18 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

id clean up your engine harness now, swap or not its better to do it while its on the mind than wait and forget something, believe me i know! and wasting time tracing wires is no fun.

member ride thread
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

But are sensors and things like that all in exactly the same spot? I don't want to route the wires for an F22, only for them to not reach when the H is in (the alternator wire, for instance). I need a few wires off the H harness anyway. This isn't something I'm going to forget about, the swap has me completely absorbed in research lately.

Ed. - did the Accord DX have manual steering? If not, where can I find a compatible manual steering rack?
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-28-2010, 02:26 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

But are sensors and things like that all in exactly the same spot? I don't want to route the wires for an F22, only for them to not reach when the H is in (the alternator wire, for instance). I need a few wires off the H harness anyway. This isn't something I'm going to forget about, the swap has me completely absorbed in research lately.

Ed. - did the Accord DX have manual steering? If not, where can I find a compatible manual steering rack?
                                There never was a 90-93 accord with a manual rack. ive looked and done all the research on that and it has never existed in the US. they did have one in thailand for 1990 but thats it.

the oddessy pc680 battery does work but its a pain in the ass. mine dies all the time after sitting for a week, and in the winter i have to give it a boost if my car doesnt start on the first try. works great in the summer though.

member ride thread
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                                X