Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
    DUDE i just did mine

They were replaced last summer by myself. I over tightened the pivot bolts and it cracked the bushing over a year.

Lesson learned. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN PIVOT BOLTS.
    mine are almost 2 yrs old
    i did them oct 2010 and they are the API ones
    back at it again

Comment

Mine are dorman.

Comment

ooh ok
        back at it again

Comment

So the impact gun i bought couldnt even take off my axle nuts....it is only rated for 100 psi....im hoping i can return it.

Any idea on what psi the impact gun should be? Atleast to get the axle nuts off?

Comment

So the impact gun i bought couldnt even take off my axle nuts....it is only rated for 100 psi....im hoping i can return it.

Any idea on what psi the impact gun should be? Atleast to get the axle nuts off?
            What is the line pressure of your air compressor? My work uses 120psi in the lines, never had an axle nut give me trouble with my 1/2 gun, keep in mind, a cheap impact gun will lack the power as a name brand one.

Comment

Oh yeah the gun was 25 bucks lol 1.5 hp 150 psi 17 gal is the tank got it at harbot freight for 180. It is not everyday use just weekends.

So i need to get a good gun. Thanks man for the input i thought it was the gun...

Comment

Oh yeah the gun was 25 bucks lol 1.5 hp 150 psi 17 gal is the tank got it at harbot freight for 180. It is not everyday use just weekends.

So i need to get a good gun. Thanks man for the input i thought it was the gun...
                How much are you going to use it? If it's going to be something used frequently I'd reccomend Ingersoll Rand 2135, light weight and comfortable and powerful. If it's going to be more of a weekend thing, check out Aircat impact guns. Those aren't a terrible alternative.

edit: Also make sure the compressor can keep up with the tools you'll be using.

Comment

The tool i have now is rated at only 250 ft lbs of torque at 100 psi or so it says on the side of the impact gun.

Comment

New Jersey drivers and the road layout sucks major ass. They do have smooth roads, though.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

My wifes new car. 93 Accord 10th Anniversary Edition. Auto, 189K, slight quarter rust on both sides, few other quirks. Need a head gasket. Not bad at all. Came from the Carolina's in 2000ish. $400 out by Keene, NH. 6 hour trip in the truck today. Starting work on it tomorrow night.

Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

nice man i have some spare parts if you want them
                        back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
                          My wifes new car. 93 Accord 10th Anniversary Edition. Auto, 189K, slight quarter rust on both sides, few other quirks. Need a head gasket. Not bad at all. Came from the Carolina's in 2000ish. $400 out by Keene, NH. 6 hour trip in the truck today. Starting work on it tomorrow night.

nice pick up the car is very clean

Comment

$400.00? Killer price if you ask me...

PSN ~ Ghostboost03
                            Jimm@BavAuto.com

~1993 Accord LX
                            ~2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
                            ~2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #1954 - SOLD

Comment

That is a great price especially if you can fix it and give it to your wife and have her dd. I would say you stole that. Great pick up and find and i love arcadia green

A good friend of mine has an arcadia coupe that i am looking for a sedan lid for hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X