Atl Meet/mtn Run April 10-11th 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    that's up to you if you want to donate to the park food, but besides that you'll need money for the hotel, gas, your own food, ect.

you should try and roll out with rob_is_legend and av6g6. i sent a few more messages to some guys from AL, so there might be more. later.
    Yea il know for sure if im gonna go like in Febuary so il hit them up when the decision comes..

and I probably will only go the first day due to mom still not trusting me lol
    -Will

Comment

yeah man i'm hype for this shit!! can't fuckin wait. it's my 1st time so i'll just follow u guys lead & plan accordingly.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

Yea its my first time tooo.. dont know what to expect lol
        -Will

Comment

just please what ever you do, check your brakes and tires before you go on the mountian run. last year we brakes smoking, we thought someone's car was on fire. THis mountain run is serious and it will put stress on brakes and tires.
          MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

yeah last year my e-brakes didnt hold after the run lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
              just please what ever you do, check your brakes and tires before you go on the mountian run. last year we brakes smoking, we thought someone's car was on fire. THis mountain run is serious and it will put stress on brakes and tires.
              Yea I think the wagons were the only ones not smoking because we got the big brakes to handle it haha. But definitely get a fresh brake job or at least know how to use them. Dont hold them down so that they get stupid hot. Kind of pulsate a little bit so that they can cool down. I did that last year and my brakes didnt smoke a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                Yea I think the wagons were the only ones not smoking because we got the big brakes to handle it haha. But definitely get a fresh brake job or at least know how to use them. Dont hold them down so that they get stupid hot. Kind of pulsate a little bit so that they can cool down. I did that last year and my brakes didnt smoke a bit.
                its not even that, people need to learn how to engine brake, that way you dont have to overheat your brakes. down shift and let the motor help slow down the car.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Yea im suprised my tranny didnt blow from that mtn run. I was sure something was going to die. I still managed to get about 25mpg tho....I dont know how I did that!

Comment

O im out of the mountain run then lol. Tires are almost bald(maybe 25%) and the Ebrake is almost unresponsive...
                    -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                      O im out of the mountain run then lol. Tires are almost bald(maybe 25%) and the Ebrake is almost unresponsive...
                      there will probably be a slower pack or you could ride with someone i'm sure.

it's not something you want to miss either way, lol.

after the first section of turns on the run last year, we all pulled over to chill for a second. everyone got out of their car so amped up. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

You got 4 1/2 months to fix that

Im going to be in the middle of a 5 speed swap between how and the days of the meet

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                          there will probably be a slower pack or you could ride with someone i'm sure.

it's not something you want to miss either way, lol.

after the first section of turns on the run last year, we all pulled over to chill for a second. everyone got out of their car so amped up. later.
                          Aight then cool.. Maybe il ride with Rob lol or stick with the slower newbies
                          -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                            you got almost 4 months to take care of that. if your work just put a lil a side each month.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

I did the mtn run last year on 3 cylinders

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

CHECK ORIGINAL POST FOR ADDRESSES, LINK, HOTELS, MAPS, PHONE NUMBERS, AND ALL OTHER INFO YOU NEED. IF THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I PUT UP THE 4 CLOSEST HOTELS TO THE PARK. WHICH ALL HAPPEN TO BE ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE IHOP OR LESS THAN 3 MILES.
                                Last edited by ChampCoupe; 12-10-2009, 01:51 AM.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X