Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ways to tell what year a CB7 is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ways to tell what year a CB7 is

im really curious as to if there are any distinct things there are to tell a 90 from a 91 and a 92 from a 93...i know the different between a 9091 from a 9293 but is there anything that makes u able to tell a part the years?

Thanks!
    Brad

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
    cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
    Members Ride

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21193

That's just the exterior differences.

Also, the 90/91 have automatic seatbelts.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

without a trunk conversion the 93 has the signals below the brakes. the 90 91 are above... right? the front bumbers are also differnt...90 91 has a black plastic grill and the 90 93 has the bar? rights?
      clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
      Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

ya i already know the difference between the 9091 and 9293...omg...

i just want to know if u can tell differences between 90 and 91s and 92 and 93s

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
        cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Brad92accord
          ya i already know the difference between the 9091 and 9293...omg...

i just want to know if u can tell differences between 90 and 91s and 92 and 93s
          He just said all that......

From looks, its hard to tell.

Unless its SE then you know its either 91 or 93
          wat?

Comment

VIN #'s tell all.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

93 SE Sedans came with Pass Side Airbags, 93 SE Coupe did not. There was no SE in 92, nor did they come with pass side airbags.

Correct me if im wrong, but 93's only had LX, EX and SE. All of which had body-colored side mouldings... I could be wrong on that though.

Aside from VINs, i dont think the 9091's had any real major differences.

Again, correct me if im wrong, but i think the 9091s only got the f22a1 and a4. The a6 wasnt introduced until the 91 SE. Also, i dont think they made 90 wagons, did they??

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                93 SE Sedans came with Pass Side Airbags, 93 SE Coupe did not. There was no SE in 92, nor did they come with pass side airbags.

Correct me if im wrong, but 93's only had LX, EX and SE. All of which had body-colored side mouldings... I could be wrong on that though.

Again, correct me if im wrong, but i think the 9091s only got the f22a1 and a4. The a6 wasnt introduced until the 91 SE. Also, i dont think they made 90 wagons, did they??
                I think the wagon debuted in the 91 model year.
                "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                ><((((º>

Comment

Well, there ya go. 90s only got sedans/coupe, all with only the a1 and a4.

91 introduced the wagon AND the a6.

9091s also had the center-mounted E-Brake handle.

I believe the 92 EX introduced CBs with Rear Disc Brakes.

I wanna say each year/trim level also got specific paintjobs.

92 DX had Black Bumpers.

Im sure theres more...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

It isn't hard to tell at all. There are various differences that allows you to differentiate 90-91s and 92-93s

Differences from 90-91 to 92-93

- Front Grill (Very noticeable)
                    - Front Bumper ( Very noticeable)
                    - Rear Bumper (Barely different)
                    - Headlights (Not very noticeable either)
                    - Taillights (Changed in 1992 but Coupes' are different from Sedans') (Obvious)
                    - Corner lights to fit the new headlights properly (Not noticeable)
                    - Seatbelt (Obvious if you're sitting in it)
                    - Mirrors (Not 100% sure about this and if they are different it's not noticeable. I tried fitting one from a 92-93 on my 91 and the adjustment arm would fit properly)
                    - Steering Wheel w/ Airbag

Recognizing DX, LX and EX

DX: No A/C, Manual Windows, Manual Locks, No Sunroof. (Also apparently came out with unpainted bumpers.
                    LX: Added - A/C, Power Locks, Electrical Windows and Mirrors.
                    EX: Added - Electrical Sunroof
                    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

dam yall confused the hell outta me with all that stuff but the vin is the best way to tell the diff i think
                      "IT IS WHAT IT IS"
                      new look courtesy steelbluesleepR

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87
                        It isn't hard to tell at all. There are various differences that allows you to differentiate 90-91s and 92-93s
                        Every one needs to reread the first post, he wanted to know if you could know the difference between 90-91 and 92-93

NOT 9091 to 9293
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                          Every one needs to reread the first post, he wanted to know if you could know the difference between 90-91 and 92-93

NOT 9091 to 9293

Well in that case... NO! Not besides the VIN# or label. I even encountered problems with the VIN# on eBay once when I was selling my other CB. According to the VIN#, it was an Automatic while it was Manual. A swap is possible but in the case of that car I really don't think so. It also said it was an DX while it was an LX.
                          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

He wants to know the difference between 90s and 91s.

Then the difference between 92s and 93s.

As i mentioned:
                            90: sedans/coupes. f22a1/f22a4.
                            91: ADDED: wagons, SE and f22a6. (Maybe even Rear discs/sway bar)

[did the 9091 EXs have the same stuff as the 9293 EXs?. i.e; sunroof, p/w, p/l, etc...?]

92: EX, LX, DX, Wagon. (EX brought rear discs..?)
                            -ADDED: Airbags, non-auto seatbelts, physical difference, etc

93:ADDED: SE, body-colored mouldings. (SE sedan had PS airbags, coupe DID NOT)

Also, in 93 i think they dropped the DX

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc

Only the 1993 10th Anniversary and SE models had body colored molding, but the rocker/lower lip molding was still black. The DX/LX/EX had black body molding. There was a 93 DX.

90-91 was more color issues than anything. Also, in 90, the LX mirrors were black, while the 91 LX mirrors were bodycolor.

In 93 the automatic shift knob was black...in 90-92 they were matched to the interior color (except for ivory, which got black).

Comment

Working...
                              X