Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cupholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cupholder

Has anyone got, attempted, or knows where to get a custom cupholder? I know there really is no room and there really is no point in having a drink bigger than a can with you while your driving. But it's just a thought. Other than dying and painting interior or making pods I haven't seen to much custom interior work done.

http://www.amazon.com/Gadjits-Keeper.../dp/B004ZL9CFO

Comment

Awesome! Even though I was hoping someone would show me pics of a custom console build. This is probably what I'm going to get. Thanks man that's much appreciated

Comment

I've put in large fast food cups in the stock on all the time. Tight fit, especially with 2 but I still did it without spilling.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I've been meaning to bore out the stock cupholder just a bit... only one side, to fit a larger cup, while still being able to use the smaller hole too.

Otherwise,

In a 90-91, I usually would use the small piece of carpeted area between the console/ebrake/seat. With the ebrake disengaged, large cups usually fit pretty well in there.

In a 92-93, I actually usually put large cups on my LEFT side, at my hip, where the Seat recliner lever is. If you set the drink on the pull lever, it stays wedged between the door panel and seat cushion, with a slight backward tip (to keep it from tipping forward when you brake hard). Then driving with your left hand on the wheel, it keeps your elbow from hitting it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The cupholder in the tall armrest that people for some reason call the "JDM armrest" has a slightly larger cupholder in it. In addition to having to go through all of the necessary work to make one fit on a US CB that's not a '91 wagon or a '92-'93 DX, you also have to leave the lid up while the cup is in place. I'm fine with that as I carry a souvenir stadium cup with me at all times.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

they make single din cupholder cubbies

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Ca...36a9fe&vxp=mtr

they fit in the single din spot, best to put below your radio.

search on ebay: single din cupholder
              blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                they make single din cupholder cubbies

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Ca...36a9fe&vxp=mtr

they fit in the single din spot, best to put below your radio.

search on ebay: single din cupholder
                you can find the same exact type of DIN-sized cupholder in a mid 90's Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable, though it may not be as easy to mount as the universal one on ebay. I suspect neither is much larger than the stock cupholder though...

Current cars:

Comment

To elaborate on cp[mike]'s post:

In a 92-93, I actually usually put large cups on my LEFT side, at my hip, where the Seat recliner lever is. If you set the drink on the pull lever, it stays wedged between the door panel and seat cushion, with a slight backward tip (to keep it from tipping forward when you brake hard). Then driving with your left hand on the wheel, it keeps your elbow from hitting it.
                  I have taken some photos.
                  I put it not on the pull lever but just to the left of it. In my '93 it stays very nicely wedged between the door panel and seat cushion. (See photos)

Even if these big drinks did fit in the pop out cup holders, I would not trust them with a heavy drink like these personally.

I hope this helps!
                  I could not go without my CircleK drinks!!! ahaha
                  Last edited by SeriouslyCB7; 01-29-2015, 03:50 PM. Reason: Spelling & Additional Information.

Comment

This has got to be one of the more serious problems of the cb design. I have used the method above and if it's in a bottle then I wedge it between the seat and the center console so that it stays put and within reach.

Originally posted by Dr.x
                    You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

I think this option is going to be the best bet without completely modifying the console.

Comment

Originally posted by SeriouslyCB7 View Post
                        To elaborate on cp[mike]'s post:

I have taken some photos.
                        I put it not on the pull lever but just to the left of it. In my '93 it stays very nicely wedged between the door panel and seat cushion. (See photos)

Even if these big drinks did fit in the pop out cup holders, I would not trust them with a heavy drink like these personally.

I hope this helps!
                        I could not go without my CircleK drinks!!! ahaha

Man thats scary, I dont know about you but having 44oz of soda pour into the interior frightens me. Ive had the bottom of those cups just break off before if any force was applied to it (squeezing, jamming cup into place) One time, thankfully it wasnt totally filled, I lifted it for a sip from being wedged and the bottom fell away and doused the whole center console..the next day the shifter was like glued in place..it sucked, would have sucked more if I cared about the interior of that car.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                          you can find the same exact type of DIN-sized cupholder in a mid 90's Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable, though it may not be as easy to mount as the universal one on ebay. I suspect neither is much larger than the stock cupholder though...

oh that ones tight, i have two of them, i just didn't like how there are holes in the corner.

its very confusing how to take it out of the ford taurus however. i broke 2 before i got my first good one.

also, you will need to modify it because it wont exactly fit. those two triangular portions on the back, you'll have to hack those off and make it flush because the accords not deep enough for that. also, the bezel area needs to be trimmed slightly down as well. CRX guys have done this mod so they have a DIY on their forum

I've got two of em, one with the back triangles cut off, then the other unmodded cuz i got tired and just decided to buy the ebay one hahahaha
                          blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                            oh that ones tight, i have two of them, i just didn't like how there are holes in the corner.

its very confusing how to take it out of the ford taurus however. i broke 2 before i got my first good one.

also, you will need to modify it because it wont exactly fit. those two triangular portions on the back, you'll have to hack those off and make it flush because the accords not deep enough for that. also, the bezel area needs to be trimmed slightly down as well. CRX guys have done this mod so they have a DIY on their forum

I've got two of em, one with the back triangles cut off, then the other unmodded cuz i got tired and just decided to buy the ebay one hahahaha
                            thank you for the info! I was going to be pulling one when I visited the yard tomorrow, I might just hold off and order the ebay one, haha. Glad to see somebody has tried it.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                            X