Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What are you opinions on DUAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a general rule, if it's sold at wal-mart, don't buy it for quality.

Pioneer, Alpine, or Kenwood are okay, but if you want real good, either get the most expensive alpine, or one of the higher end Pioneers/Kenwoods, or go with a different brand like Eclipse. If you want, I have a slightly used alpine 9883 for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
      Bro, why Dual?
      I would rather get some cheap Pioneer.
      Remember you get what you paid for.
      I guess I am not gonna buy it anymore.
      Just wondering if its a good brand to get.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenAccord View Post
        i got my kenwood BT742U for 169.99 and LOVE IT! does everything I need it to and more.. you get what you pay for. I was tempted to go with Alpine, but have always had alpine in my cars, so I opted for something different and would rank it up there with alpine.
        Cool. Maybe I should buy a kenwood then.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
          Hey don't be dissin pioneer

Dual sux lol... Get a nice $89 Pioneer but from what I can tell your looking for a deck with blutooth so save some cash to get a higer deck
          Well, I'm not looking for a deck with bluetooth.
          Its the design that makes me wanna get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
            As a general rule, if it's sold at wal-mart, don't buy it for quality.

Pioneer, Alpine, or Kenwood are okay, but if you want real good, either get the most expensive alpine, or one of the higher end Pioneers/Kenwoods, or go with a different brand like Eclipse. If you want, I have a slightly used alpine 9883 for sale.
            I was thinking about alpines from best buy.
            They have some really cool ones.

Comment

I wouldn't buy the dual either. The only way I would buy a dual is if the only other choice in the world was alpine. T.G.F.S. Thank God for Sony. and Pioneer, and Kenwood. Hell I'd buy a Boss before an alpine.
              My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

Ive had a pioneer deck for quite some time and no problem. I also owned dual subs back in the day. Those were tossed off the Throgs Neck bridge one late night and ive never regretted that decision. In other words dont settle with the dual you'll be mad.

Comment

the cheaper Alpines are all pretty much the same for quality. Only difference is if you jump to their best one.

Comment

bought a sony Xplod unit at walmart for 149 bucks, had it for awhile and problems.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

I've had just about every model of sony deck under $250, they sound great and have decent adjustability but the "dash smash" issue to get the cds out is a pain.

GOT F?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accdpj View Post
                        I wouldn't buy the dual either. The only way I would buy a dual is if the only other choice in the world was alpine. T.G.F.S. Thank God for Sony. and Pioneer, and Kenwood. Hell I'd buy a Boss before an alpine.
                        Oh. So are you saying you dislike alpine? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatman88 View Post
                          Ive had a pioneer deck for quite some time and no problem. I also owned dual subs back in the day. Those were tossed off the Throgs Neck bridge one late night and ive never regretted that decision. In other words dont settle with the dual you'll be mad.
                          I currently have a old pioneer deck in my car. No problem at all just that I want to like upgrade or something like that.
                          Sorry to hear about the dual subs. In that case, I won't get near to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                            the cheaper Alpines are all pretty much the same for quality. Only difference is if you jump to their best one.
                            So buy the more expensive ones?

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                              bought a sony Xplod unit at walmart for 149 bucks, had it for awhile and problems.
                              What kind of problems do you have with the sony Xplod?

Comment

Originally posted by EXR-ALB View Post
                                I've had just about every model of sony deck under $250, they sound great and have decent adjustability but the "dash smash" issue to get the cds out is a pain.
                                Sony decks eats cd? Might have to skip them then.

Comment

Working...
                                X