Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Random brake light out reading on gauge cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random brake light out reading on gauge cluster

Sometimes it goes off for 2 weeks and stays on for days then goes back off? Ideas?
    @bradleymward
    #cb7swag

I'm having the same problem in my EX

Everyone is going to say check the 3rd brake light but to be honest i do not think its part of the brake lamp light system. I think only the 4 rear mounted lights count.

Supposedly its the brown/black boxes on the back of the taillights that go bad and cause this problem, I've never looked into it though i just live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      Supposedly its the brown/black boxes on the back of the taillights that go bad and cause this problem, I've never looked into it though i just live with it.
      Mine did it all the time, checked the plug that goes into the brown/black box and found the connectors to have light corrosion on them.

Cleaned them up and applied electrical grease, that fixed the problem for me.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I'll look into this weekend when I put my f n f type 2s in
        @bradleymward
        #cb7swag

Comment

It checks for all 5 bulbs. Make sure they are good.

If so check boxes for corrsion.
          wat?

Comment

Another possibility could be different resistances from different brake bulbs. I’ve never experienced it myself but have heard about it as a possibility as to why the light turns on.
            MRT's:
            2001 Acura CL
            1991 Honda Accord SE

Originally posted by Bad_dude
            If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

Comment

Your boxes are those who make this, you may try another one just for cakes.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
              1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

i have the same problem in my DX. i noticed that water was leaking into the gab between the lights on the driver side. noticed the black cushion was soaked in water and it was touching the plug which plugs into the brown box. found out it had alot of corrosion. so possibly could check out to see if it gets wet back there.

Comment

Originally posted by ghowell6 View Post
                  Another possibility could be different resistances from different brake bulbs. I’ve never experienced it myself but have heard about it as a possibility as to why the light turns on.
                  I had this problem a few years back when a friend of mine gave me a set of LED Bulbs, They would throw a brake light on the dash and when i hit a bump it would go away. I think they were cheap LED bulbs because once I changed them, the light went away.... (or burned out)
                  "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Check your tail light gaskets if it keeps happening, and check if your bulbs have a filliment burnt out or something
                    "If you're going to put money into a car to increase performance or appearance, why go cheap? People don't need to go all-out... but put a little effort into it, or don't bother doing it at all"-Deeve

Ride http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187088

Comment

Brake light dash light on

I had this problem also. I had to locate the brake light sensor in the taillight assembly remove it and replace it with a new/used brake light sensor cut the wires and butt connect the new/used brake light sensor in place. Then put new weather strip to stop the water from coming in and destroying the new/used brake light sensor. This may help you out.

Comment

i had this problem yesterday but i also noticed that my gear selector would not move and did not make the clicking noise when i pressed on the brake peddle .
                        my fix was i replaced brake switch brake still did not work nore did the shfiter . i replaced the lock solenoid for the shifter . now the shifter and brake lights work.
                        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Thanks for the Super Glue Idea. I have used Duct Tape but the penny idea sounds better.

Comment

Working...
                          X