Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

dynmat install pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delart
    good job, man. i've been putting off installing my system because i can't stand rattling trunks! i've got a brother in law working at best buy, think i'm gonna' hit him up for the discount.
    rattles drive me nuts too. dynamating the rear deck didnt stop the rear brake light from rattling, for that i had a small piece of rubber stuufed inbetween the light and the back window, now i hear nothing from it anymore.

Comment

I myself am a big fan of dynamat very nice install Just going to weigh alot LOL

Comment

it couldnt possibly weigh that much.. can it i dont feel like searchin their site now i'll do it l8tr i guess
        who needs a manual anyway

JDM is the way to play, all day every day

Comment

Very nice... as a installer I must say I would have to be pretty damn excited to see that... Good job man...

93 CB7 Accord: nuthing specail I/H/E
          2002 Nissan B15 spec V: VQ35DE swap I/H/E... 100 shot
          90 Nissan Z32 300ZX TT: Hmmm let say stock
          My money maker: 12volt Audio and Video Installer

Comment

very nice. i bet that thing is so quiet on the freeway now. even moreso if the floor was dynomatted.
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

hey

Comment

nice job anything for a quiet ride

Comment

true that

Comment

that looks like a good install the weight of the car must
                    have goon way up but if it sounds good and it is quiet and comfortable
                    to u than good for u
                    H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

Comment

I cant believe that many of you guys are concerned about the weight.

That is no more than 50lbs of sound deadener, probably less. In a 2800lb car I dont see what 50lbs is going to do. Might make a little bit of differrence in a 2000lb civic or something but not in a CB7.

Comment

Good inst...

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus Vandamn
                          I cant believe that many of you guys are concerned about the weight.

That is no more than 50lbs of sound deadener, probably less. In a 2800lb car I dont see what 50lbs is going to do. Might make a little bit of differrence in a 2000lb civic or something but not in a CB7.
                          Exactly, the car feels no diffrent just alot less road noise. thanks for the all the positive responces.

Comment

For flooring use roll-on truck bedliner or Rhinoliner. That will quiet the road noise and improve bass response. roofing insulation is the same as dynomat and Bquiet. Paint on bedliner is great stuff and you just paint brush it on and let it dry. After that you won't hear a thing from below! You can also use it on your firewall if your brave enought to move the dash!

Comment

would the truck bedliner actually work to decrease road noise/ improve system response?? i just thought it was like spray rubber... i might think about using that on my spare wheel area...anybody have some input on this?

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                              Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                              by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Originally posted by papychulo82
                                would the truck bedliner actually work to decrease road noise/ improve system response?? i just thought it was like spray rubber... i might think about using that on my spare wheel area...anybody have some input on this?

Anything added to your car will help with noise. The question of how effective the product is depends on the product itself. Some are able to reduce noise better than others.

Dynamat extreme is indeed expensive, but it works like a charm. Instead of dynamat extreme, I use Raammat and Second skin, which are a much better value than dynamat extreme (raammat is 62.5sq ft for $130, second skin is $60 for 20sq ft). The Second skin is basically just like dynamat extreme, but without the pricetag. I believe dynamat charges about $140 for 20sq ft.

If you guys really want to get rid of rattles, sound deadening will help, but it wont help if you have metal/plastic parts hitting a hard surface. The backing of most deadeners now are aluminum anyways, so it still might rattle. What you need is a soft barrier between say your rear metal deck and the actual panel that goes on top.

Raammat sells ensolite foam (closed cell so it doesn't get mushy buildups later on) for very cheap. 14q ft is only about $11-$12 and that's enough to cover the rear deck and the inner skin of your front door. It's also more effective in reducing road noise than deadener alone. I have 2 layers of deadener on the outer skin of my door, 2 layers on the inner skin, and 1 layer of ensolite foam on the inside and outside. Needless to say, I can't hear the outside world when my windows are rolled up. Then again, I dont have an accord so it's not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X