Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

dynmat install pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats a shit load of extra weight..........
    91 ex coupe
    kyb susp.
    custom intake
    spoon sports header
    custom piping
    exhaust tech muffler
    3 piece strut
    optima yellow top
    B&M short shifter

Comment

Originally posted by 91_cb7_coupe
      thats a shit load of extra weight..........

i quess, if less than half the weight of a skinny passanger is a shit load.

Comment

Dynamat Extreme weighs .45 lbs per square foot. NissanPerformance magazine used 75 sq ft of sound deadening material, if I'm not mistaken, for their whole 200sx and they used double layers in several places. So 75 sq ft times .45 lbs per sq ft = 33.75 lbs. If you have a subwoofer, enclosure, and amplifier, odds are that that set up alone will weigh more than a car full of dynamat. Just run on half a tank of gas instead of filling it up.

plus, dynamat substitutes, such as b-quiet ultimate weigh in even less at .35 lbs per sq ft.

Comment

obviously if u have a system thats need dynamat u shouldn't be worried about wieght lmao silly kids. plus dynamat weighs very little. even at 50 lbs worth of the stuff thats like nothing. weigh one sub and then ask yourself if dynamat is heavy to do WHOLE car. food for thought
          My members ride thread

Comment

damn that's crazy.. my friend did the same thing too, but he also got the firewall, floor, and headliner done... job well done!
            No fat chics... My tires will rub!

Comment

eDead v1, v1se, and v3. I'll do the doors too when I install new speakers. I used no more than 30lbs of stuff. And the board under my carpet weighs about 20 lbs and my sub and box weigh 45lbs. But I have no rear upper seat which weighs 25 lbs and I might take out the lower portion too. Also I have no spare or anything in the trunk, I'll be removing my A/C and some other small weight savings and I have a DX. So any weight gains I just think of as if my car were an EX to start with.

Last edited by uslspct; 07-28-2010, 02:42 AM.
              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

For those worried about wieght when putting a product like dynamat in should consider this. I only takes about 80lbs of product spread evenly out over your entire car for a really good sound deadening set up. So if you look at it 80lbs spread out over most of the car wont affect performance that much plus if you have taken steps to lighten your car already you prolly have the ps, cc, and ac taken out. Though at the same time if you are trying to lighten your car why do you have a stereo at all . . .
                F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Looks good man.. I kno that joint is gonna sound mad crazy, and clean..
                  DA FASTEST ACCORD IN QNZ

The H-series potential only begins where the B-series ends.

83 Porsche 944 Black - Sold (my first)
                  91 VW Jetta GL Red - Sold
                  95 VW Jetta GLS VR6 swapped Green - Sold
                  90 Accord EX 4dr Navy Blue - Sold
                  91 Accord SE Gray - Stripped N Junked
                  92 Accord 10th AE Green - Sold
                  93 Accord LX 2dr Frost White - 4 sale
                  90 Integra 2dr JDM B16 White - Sold
                  93 Accord EX 4dr Black - New Toy

Comment

that looks damn good... if i had was into audio i would definatly do that. nothing better than a quite car with some bump.

as for weight i wouldn't even worry about it... the accord wasn't exactly engineered to be the lightest family sedan in history to begin with. and it wasn't ever even weight balanced. with a little 130lb driver like me i would prolly never notice it.
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness
                      that looks damn good... if i had was into audio i would definatly do that. nothing better than a quite car with some bump.

as for weight i wouldn't even worry about it... the accord wasn't exactly engineered to be the lightest family sedan in history to begin with. and it wasn't ever even weight balanced. with a little 130lb driver like me i would prolly never notice it.
                      Yeah, I always tell myself any weight I have added is ok cause I save weight by not being 200lbs+

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Thats a nice install man congrats on a job well done... I hate the road noise i get while driving i can only imagine how much quieter your car must be with it.

Comment

holy crap thats alot of dynamat. it seems that what i see is that the only thing that you didnt dynamat was your seats.

Comment

Great job on the dynamat, it makes a big diffrence in road noise. I dynamated parts of my trunk and i could not belive the diffrence it made.

Comment

I need to do another layer on the space over the wheels. And I'll be adding some eDead v4 in the future to some spots.
                              I don't think it's gonna be lexus quiet. We're talking about a 15 year old economy car. Only so much we can do. The wind creeps in many places when traveling highway speeds. And my coupe door windows still rattle.

MY RIDE

Comment

If you guys want something cheaper than Dynomat check out secondskinaudio.com. You can get 80sq. ft. for $180

Comment

Working...
                                X