Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No more body kit tell me what you think!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuckin sweet!
    A.K.A BLACKCB7 ON FLACCORDS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by black sunshine View Post
      this guys right,100%......first off the car looked good kitted,it just needed,a diy grill,to set it off,maybe tails,red clears on a white car is nice

nothing wrong with kits,as long as it's tastefull....the legend lip...ehhh kinda noob, it's such a tinnie bopper thing, it can look good,and i give the guy cred,for painting the lip the same colour as the car,as so many don't, and yet they talk shit about unpainted kits...

anyway,the car looks good,but if he put some more time and thought into the little pieces,like the grill and headlights,then it would really bring the kit out and make it look even better. the car would be a cut above the rest,now it's just another,cb with a legend lip
      the legend lip is teenie bopper, but a whomping huge kit that does nothing but create drag and waste gas isn't? and the legend lip is usually left unpainted because it's a 'replacement' of the stock lip so to speak, the car looks stock but isn't.
      we all have our own ideas of taste so i'm not knocking yours, but big kits are over and done with, anyone who has a car that looks remotely like 'fast and furious' is behind the times...if i don't wear the same clothes i wore 7 years ago, neither should my car

Comment

Originally posted by ActAccordingly View Post
        the legend lip is teenie bopper, but a whomping huge kit that does nothing but create drag and waste gas isn't? and the legend lip is usually left unpainted because it's a 'replacement' of the stock lip so to speak, the car looks stock but isn't.
        we all have our own ideas of taste so i'm not knocking yours, but big kits are over and done with, anyone who has a car that looks remotely like 'fast and furious' is behind the times...if i don't wear the same clothes i wore 7 years ago, neither should my car
        how does a kit create drag? just what do you think it's made from..led? it's fibreglass it's light as shit,if anything the kit will keep the car cooler,from the large opening in the front....how are kits out?...ever seen a euro car mag? how about a drift event?....so what your saying is that we should all follow *** little trends and change our cars with our clothes?....wtf? so i guess that a 68 mustang,or any other old muscle car is no good because it's "behind the times" should we put a legend lip on them too?.....cmon bro be a man,get a pair,borrow a pair,buy a pair,whatever you got to do,but don't be a trendy limp wristed tuner

Comment

how does a kit create drag? just what do you think it's made from..led? it's fibreglass it's light as shit,if anything the kit will keep the car cooler,from the large opening in the front....how are kits out?...ever seen a euro car mag? how about a drift event?....so what your saying is that we should all follow *** little trends and change our cars with our clothes?....wtf? so i guess that a 68 mustang,or any other old muscle car is no good because it's "behind the times" should we put a legend lip on them too?.....cmon bro be a man,get a pair,borrow a pair,buy a pair,whatever you got to do,but don't be a trendy limp wristed tuner
          I agree im not about to run out an buy new parts just cuz u all say oh i dont like the kit, well great that u may not like my kit ITS NOT UR CAR so all ur opinions can be relocated toward ur car do all the lovely things u preach to others to do to their car on urs and enjoy the many different varieties of mods, not the same shit different day sort of thing u guy practice.
          I'm not saying don't give opinions just not so biased ones, for eg.. i was on anther forum and a guy simply asked how to align his front R34 bumper all the replies were get an oem bumper with a lip lose the kit. That's not wut he asked for, I was the only person that accommodated his question then i got bashed for it.
          I do agree that some kits do look ugly that cuz the general car had no design flow to it most ppl just wanna look cool and get all the fancy stuff put on their car, but never take the time and effort to plan out their ride color scheme int all the good stuff an small details that make u go WOW he made that look good.

Anyways to each their own just my .00

To the OP either way as i mentioned before u did a job good very clean an fresh I just love white Accords
          Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 12-16-2008, 04:47 AM.
          Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

h8 whyte k4rs

Comment

well the kit was dragging because who ever had it before me took the rienforcement bar off and i don'T know about some fibeglass kit but minie was very heavy. i just got tired of coming out of my drive way and hearing my front and rear bumper scrape and it had cracks all in the kit. the was'nt me i love it now just nice and clean. I have no clue what side skirts are on it there molded on though. When i sit back and look at it i think it just looks so much better. But quick question soes drummersteve live in southern md?
              WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Oh yeah and my uncle painted the car its a toyota white and he added a lil something to make it a lil brighter it only took two days to do the whole car i took the bumpers off and did all the body work in a night it looks better than ever i'll take more pics sometime this week with its raining now.
                WHITEONWHITE

Comment

whip is nasty bro gj

Comment

haters will hate man don't listen to them. i think the car looks nice and clean. if that's what you want your car to be then that's all that matters. and the legend lip is a tennie bopper thing wtf are you talking about

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

i like it, cant go wrong with oem style
                      Last edited by ibr_adam09; 12-16-2008, 06:39 PM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

thanks you guys like i said the kit was on the car when i got it im sure it was nice like3 years ago but it was just kinda played out it made the car long.
                        WHITEONWHITE

Comment

how? well, drag is created by aerodynamics, and most kits create a larger surface area which results in more drag, whether they are made from fiberglass or 'lead'. can you imagine how much wind a big rear bumper catches from under the car? put your hand out the window at 60mph, and imagine that multiplied by 200 or more on your back bumper alone.
                          yes, i have seen euro car mags, and have yet to see any cars with big wind-catcher kits. DTM cars and the like have aerodynamics that cost tens of thousands to cut drag, a kit you spend a few hundred on is purely for looks, looks which were desirable about a decade ago. times change, which is why 'altezza' lights were all the rage 8 years ago but are now 'rice'.
                          muscle cars are not behind the times, but you don't see any with buddy club bumpers circa 1997, do you?
                          by 'tuner' do you mean someone who tunes cars for performance or looks? because someone who tunes for performance will not slap a huge wing on the back of a front wheel drive car, but one who does it for looks will. wings create downforce, and creating downforce on the back of a front wheel drive car will create lift in the front, reducing grip on the drive wheels. not to mention that to have any real effect, the wing will need to be tested and adjusted in a wind tunnel for aerodynamic effect and not drag.
                          anyway, to each his own, i guess i'm limp wristed for stating my opinion that wind-catcher body kits are pointless, look dated, and unless designed in a wind tunnel serve no purpose, especially for any car that makes under 300hp or so.
                          obviously i don't know anything about 'tuning', so i will bow out of this discussion. just remember, V-TEC alone cannot conquer all the forces of physics.

Comment

i love the car without the kit the kit was just to much for me it's just so much cleaner now
                            WHITEONWHITE

Comment

hell yea it looks so much better

my ride thread
                              my photoshoot

Comment

Originally posted by ONEKLEAN91 View Post
                                i love the car without the kit the kit was just to much for me it's just so much cleaner now
                                as the owner that's all that really matters

Comment

Working...
                                X