Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 EX 5spd CB9 in Frost White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deevergote Thanks. There is a resonator on there and it went on with the muffler. I did notice the sound getting a little better after I corrected the ignition timing, but still a little raspy in the 2500k & 3500k range. I'm BAFFLED hahahaha I really like the dual tip muffler PakaloloHonda has on his wagon. If I can't figure it out I'll go to a muffler shop to see if they can help.

On a different note I'm saving for an ESP setup; Traction bar, motor mounts. Is there anyone on here that has installed a rear strut tower bar? I purchased a megan one to match the front but it didn't fit right; doesn't bolt up correctly and It requires cutting through interior body panels/ plastic and that's something I really don't want to do. Also looking to get the energy suspension kit at the same time I get the ESP kit to get the suspension dialed in.

I'm not partial to any of these brands so any input as to others I can benefit from is much appreciated. ☮️

Comment

My exhaust was super rusted through so I replaced the headers with the DC sport headers but then cheaped out and got a monster fart can exhaust from Amazon on the cheap. Interestingly enough for the price it was really well welded together and fit perfectly, that being said I have the same issue as you. Just insane amounts of raspiness. I initially also wanted a dual tip setup to kind of keep the same look as before. I think the solution in my case is probably to get something for the axle back that actually has a muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyCB9 View Post
        [USER="326"]

Hey maybe you can help me actually; I recently installed a BOSAL (again, silicon valley rent man) OE res/muff and it sounds terrible. I have a MAG high flow cat w/DC headers and wondering if I just need to jump to larger diameter piping? I installed/reinstalled the exhaust 2wice to make sure it was installed correctly and to check for leaks and loose bolts. Still, it has that raspy sound that no1 likes to hear (including me) LOL SO I am wondering if I should just spend the extra $$$ for a MAG set or something similar.
        I, have had NOTHING but the best service and fair prices from Joe's Performance Muffler ... what he says to do ... DO it, lol ..
        He's done everything "muffler" and Catalytic Converter ... gaskets for down-pipes ... you. name. it .....
        Tell him Tomi, with the blue accord wagon .... he'll hook you up. here's all his info: https://www.performancemufflershop.com/
        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 06-07-2021, 07:29 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Do let us know how it goes when you go to get the ESP parts. Seems there were some issues recently when the brand was sold to a different owner, so I'm really hoping for the sake of this community that it's been sorted out and we can depend on them again.

Comment

Working...
          X