Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

too old????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too old????

i am 35 and have always loved cars, i just bought a 91 cb7 ex for 300.00 bucks it wouldnt start tuned out to be main relay. so i want to fix it up a little but my wife says that is young guys car and i am only doing the mods to feel young. i just want to prove to her that you dont have to be in diapers to like your car
    "Cracker's crumble Honkies rumble"

guess it doesnt matter as long as ur a car guy at heart lol. im 25 and a chick and i like playing with the cars. kinda guess i wouldnt let anyone tell me that im too old to do something. have fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaex
      i am 35 and have always loved cars, i just bought a 91 cb7 ex for 300.00 bucks it wouldnt start tuned out to be main relay. so i want to fix it up a little but my wife says that is young guys car and i am only doing the mods to feel young. i just want to prove to her that you dont have to be in diapers to like your car
      I dont think it matters how old you are, as long as you like what you're doing. I mean i think about it, and its kind of funny, one of my headlight brackets is broken, so i used that as an excuse to get new headlights (with brackets, or the whole thing is ruined :O )

So tell her to calm down, i'm sure you're not anywhere near the oldest one, and have fun fixing up the cb
      Cars:
      91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      98 Accord LX Sedan
      95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

You know I think your wife is jealous cause you got a cb which is the best car in the world jk cars are for everyone and the point for mods is to make the car unique and look good. Im 19 and drive the station wagon version with that being said. welcome to the site

Comment

Mid life crisis??? j/k man. Yeah I think when I'm 35 (28 now) I will still love my car, which ever one I have and I think I will still be interested in tuning and modifying it, it's a passion and if it's something you really like doing then I'm sure she will understand.

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

thanks for the encouragment, look for me at a honda meet im the old guy lol

Comment

she's just trying to get you to buy a convertible bmw m3 man thats all . and then if you do that your really going to be going through the mid life crisis

Not So Slow Fow Dow

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiMax1991
                she's just trying to get you to buy a convertible bmw m3 man thats all . and then if you do that your really going to be going through the mid life crisis
                lol i agree

*Needs*
                -New shocks
                -Struts
                -Drop
                -Cleaning
                -New Tires/Wheels
                -New Window Tint
                -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiMax1991
                  shes just hating, she happens to have a 04 odessey lowered with power programmer,cold air kit and 18" neche wheels pushing about 300 hp

Comment

you're not too old until you can't turn a wench anymore.
                    [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaex
                      that is young guys car and i am only doing the mods to feel young.

There's something you don't usually hear about our cars.

Don't sweat it. I'm 39 and I know I'm not the oldest member here. My wife is 29 and although she does occasionally think I spend too much time and money on the car, when I get a new part or finish a mod, she always says "Are you happy? Good." Tell your wife that she should be happy if it does make you feel young. Would she want to be married to a guy that felt old all the time? She can worry when you hit middle age, dump the savings account into a brand new Vette and start cruising the local malls.

Comment

Since when is an Accord a young guy's car?

Of course, if it causes a rift, you need to prioritize. In my case... the car won.

Comment

we have two owners here in norcal that are pretty old...thats relative to my age.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

dude u be surprised, there are a ton of memebers here older than us. not a matter of age but a matter of what u like

Comment

I'll be 31 soon, and I think it's healthy. It could be worse, you could be sitting on the couch or computer all day playing fantasy football. Or, you could be cheating on her. Seriously, some women need to think about the alternatives sometimes - not to mention try to be there to help build their man's confidence, not belittle him or criticize him.

As for mine, she rocks. She even helps sometimes!

Comment

Working...
                              X