Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

too old????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    Jacob's farewell meet? Where's he going?
    he is moving from TN to FL read deeve its in the regionals

Nicole
    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
      35 is not old bro, and I doubt you are the oldest cb7tuner...

I know for a FACT you are not the oldest tuner ...

man you never stop tuning...I'll still be tuning in my 60's I hope...hell 70's

forget the 70s bro ... tune till you die!! ( or your cb till your cb dies)

Not So Slow Fow Dow

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaex
        i am 35 and have always loved cars, i just bought a 91 cb7 ex for 300.00 bucks it wouldnt start tuned out to be main relay. so i want to fix it up a little but my wife says that is young guys car and i am only doing the mods to feel young. i just want to prove to her that you dont have to be in diapers to like your car
        Unless Ur dead, u arent to old to do ANYTHING.
        Good luck with ur Journey bro.

Comment

She will eventualy start to complain less the sexier you car gets. Thats my expirience. When people are complimenting your car and it gets lots of positive attention, which a clean-ass cb7 will do, your woman will feel good riding in it. They don't like you to work on it/ put money into it but they will like looking good in it.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
            She will eventualy start to complain less the sexier you car gets. Thats my expirience. When people are complimenting your car and it gets lots of positive attention, which a clean-ass cb7 will do, your woman will feel good riding in it. They don't like you to work on it/ put money into it but they will like looking good in it.
            this is true....except, when I first got mine, I didnt mind the way it looked, but now I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE to drive my car.....all the looks and stares I get now...its like "yeah bitch its mine not my bf/husbands"

lol its pretty funny though, when I am driving and females (18-25 year olds) will either slow down to get beside me or speed up and get beside me, then they see its a female driving it, and slow down really quick

Nicole
            MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

36 here also, there is no such thing as being to old when it comes to cars and wrenching....unless you are talking about fads and trends, which, for the most part are engaged by the youth
              Your only as old as you think you are. I'll still get my skateboard out from time to time and hit up the local skatepark. Some people just don't get it though.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

I'll be drivin a Honda till the day I die, and the way I drive I might even die in a Honda!If the wife don't like it I don't care cause I been puttin up with her mother for 8 years and my honda actually serves a purpose!

Comment

too many twisted ankles for this old guy to skate board. thats how i got 'em. pretty much as soon as i started driving in 91, i sold my bicycles, gave my skate away, and joined the rat-race
                  you'll love my nuts!

Comment

HA HAH A...i think I'll die before my cb
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaex
                      i am 35 and have always loved cars, i just bought a 91 cb7 ex for 300.00 bucks it wouldnt start tuned out to be main relay. so i want to fix it up a little but my wife says that is young guys car and i am only doing the mods to feel young. i just want to prove to her that you dont have to be in diapers to like your car
                      Dude.....just look at her, nod, and smile. Cuz when your all done and you have the CB looking CLEEEEAAAAN......guess who is gonna want to start driving it. Thats exactly how my girlfriend is. She could never understand why I spent so much time working on my car and cleaning it. Now everytime she sees it...she's like "Hey..I have an Idea....LETS TRADE!". HA! I don't think so. Oh, speaking of....her father is almost 40 and he LOVES these cars. He actually bought one brand new off the showroom floor back in 92. He is about to buy another gold EX coupe 5spd. He has 3 in his backyard for parts and bought one from a crackhead for my girlfriend, and of course he tried to buy mine...ha! not gonna happen oldie. My words to you.....make your CB like DisneyWorld.......never too old.
                      Last edited by GangGreenGang; 05-19-2008, 07:05 AM.
                      GangGreenGang 330kmiles Strong

Comment

You should tell her to join on here to learn more about them, that's what I've resorted to just because Jake was constantly on here. A few months ago if someone were to tell me that Jake and I would divorce 10 years down the road I honestly would guess it was about his car lmao. I was a nagger as well and NEVER understood until I got on here and looked around for myself...I guess it just got to the point where I've realized that Jake will probably die before his CB does so I may as well love the car too to reduce fighting lol
                        Try and make it a "together" hobby and ask her more questions about what she thinks, that's what Jake does for me and when he takes my opinions seriously, I feel much better about it
                        ohiocb7s

Comment

age is just a number

Im 37 so dont worry. Im married 3 kids /a 04 minivan /[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] 92 cb7 /03 cbr and a goldfish

Comment

Yea man don't matter your age i'm only 20 and my dad is 42 he had more ideas and intrest than anyone I know which makes me the cool kid on the block becasue he runs a paint and body shop and he is into cars more than anyone I know so if it intrest you go for it just try to get the wifey involved because my mom was the same way never intrested and thought it was a waste of time till we pulled her to the strip and car shows all the time and she caught on pretty hard. So keep on keepin on what you doing man

Comment

never too old or to young to love cars... modifying is ageless so that means the cb7 is a living legend...

don't take life so seriously, no one gets out alive anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by angus67
                                man, im 36 next weekend. (ive allways loved 3day weekends as a gift ) but ive had domestic beaters for 9 vehicles. i still have a 67fairlane i gotmarried in in 97. its pretty nice for a old design, but the old school, just cant keep up these days. sure, they are super easy to work on, but as a daily, they cant stop as well, cooling systems are antiquated, and in stop and go traffic, the brake "shoes"(yes, kids, shoes, not pads) in 10" drums start fading, and just asking for a rear-ender. dont get me wrong, nothing snaps my neck the other way than a sweet 69 nova rattin down the street. when I got my cb, we were looking for a gas sipper, and were looking at a crap load of shitty cavaliers, and spotted this little honda. it was a coupe, and test drove, figured if im gonna be stuck with it, it might as well be cool lookin. it grew on me fast, found this kick-ass sight, and cant stay away. my wife calls me ricer-boy
                                i bought my cb in feb, and hadnt drove the fairlane since, the other day, i drove around the block just to run it, and scared the crap outta me! the steering is sooo sloppy, and the brakes are sooo hard, no power brake booster. its got a bench seat, and i felt like i was gonna fall out the door!! i love my cb7! but ill always have my fairlane.befor i bought it, i had no idea there were so many modifications anybody with half a brain can do on these tuners. i had thought that the import market was just full of throw away cars, but now i dont think i will ever buy a domestic car ever again unless its a kikass mustang, or a charger, or some thing sweet. but i ramble on. tell us more bout yuorself. i play alot of halo too!!
                                hahaha.... halo rocks...

don't take life so seriously, no one gets out alive anyways...

Comment

Working...
                                X