Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why lower?

I have seen more than half the people on here with lowered cars. it looks sweet. I was thinking about lowering mine, and i read the sticky about prices, and it is pretty expensive. Is it worth the money to lower the car? Also is the car a rough ride or smooth ride? I have seen youtube video of people dragging along the street and sparks flying from out of their car and trails left behind them. Why do people lower their cars so much that it drags or scrapes when they go down a driveway?
    cb7sk8rdude

It all depends on what parts you use and how low you go

Some people think its cool to be very low but its pretty stupid on a daily driver car for the reasons you stated in my opinion

Replacing most likely stock and worn componets is never a bad idea so long as you use good quality parts.

Comment

Lowering is all in personal preference. If you use quality parts and don't use a super high spring rate lowering spring, you should have no problems with ride quality.

I ran Neuspeed Sports and KYB AGX and it rode no harsher than OEM.

If you keep the spring rate in the low 200s with a high quality set of dampers, you'll be fine.

Also, you don't need to slam your car, you can get a milder drop and not have to worry about scraping. When I was running OEM wheels and a simple 94-95 lip, I drove everywhere and anywhere and never hit. When I ran my GRacer lip, I was much more careful, but again I never had a huge issue with scraping.

If you're trying to tuck tire, that's a completely other issue.

Comment

My car is lowered because IMHO there is wayy too much wheel-fender gap in our cars.
        The drop (on quality only suspension parts) is not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye,
        it can also offer a very comfortable feeling in ride comfort .. if done *correctly*.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

We lower our vehicles so fat bitches can't ride in them.

Comment

hahaha
            cb7sk8rdude

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              We lower our vehicles so fat bitches can't ride in them.
              lol or people cnt ask to drive them

Comment

nice thanks guys
                cb7sk8rdude

Comment

Do research on how different things affect how your car handles. There are 2 main reasons why people lower their cars: 1) to look cool, and 2) to improve handling.

Lower will almost always be rougher, but properly matched components can minimize the discomfort.

Using the wrong parts, or cheap parts, can be very uncomfortable, actually DECREASE the car's ability to handle, and ultimately be extremely unsafe.

If you're interested in lowering your car, do plenty of research first. There are books about it, even. Know what you're doing before you buy a single part, or put a wrench to your car. Proper modifications aren't cheap, but a handful of properly done modifications will work (and look) MUCH better than a ton of cheap ones.

AccordWarrior's car is a perfect example. Looks great, no? I know that car. I've worked on it. I've ridden in it. (I've broken it... )
                  The modifications done to that car are actually quite few... I'd say less than 20 individual pieces added to it in all. All fairly basic, very streetable modifications. Nothing extreme... and everything all worked together to create a very coherent package that both looked and performed exactly as expected.

Comment

I love being slammed why I did it idk. Is it functional HELLLLLLL NO but I like being the lowest cb in town till tm123 comes back. But its also a pain in the ass being slammed to.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

lower it till it scrapes

Comment

Spark It Or Park It!!!!!!!!!!!

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I think a slammed car looks broken. My car is too low, honestly. When I get around to it, I'll be raising it... from H&R Race back to H&R Sport. I like my wheels and fenders to have the same distance all around.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                            Spark It Or Park It!!!!!!!!!!!
                            AMEN.

what people consider daily drivable or "Streetable" is all opinion.

In my opinion, if you dont have the cojones to drive a car thats slammed, then dont slam it.

OP: To answer your question, lowering your car is definitely worth the money you'll spend on it. Because if it wasn't worth it, you wouldn't spend it.

Comment

Exactly. You do what you like with your car. Just make sure you do it right, and keep it safe. Suspension is a scary thing. Done wrong, you could very easily lose control and crash. Do it right, and you can do whatever you want to suit your taste.

Comment

Working...
                              X