Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What was your first car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
    My first car was the one you see in my sig and I'm glad I got it. Led me straight to this forum and allowed me to meet many new people and friends.
    DX FTW!

Originally posted by CBsevenTUNER View Post
    This is pretty much the direction I'm going in when I have more money.

I had one of these.

Until my step-dad wrecked it and bought me my first 93 LX sedan.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

My first Whip was a 87 GMC sierra classic.
      And I still have it. I love these kinda trucks.
      Original and classic.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

Comment

My first car was a 1986 Toyota Celica GT-S coupe, but red, not like the silver one the guy had on page 1.

Comment

my first car was a 92 accord lx sedan Arcadia green got it in 2000 when I was a freshman in hs, got my license in her then shortly after swapped in a dohc f22b, then did the normal rice faze stuff, black widow rear bumper, m3
          Sides and baser front bumper and painted it electric blue pearl, then got into a wreck and returned it to stock then sold it in 2006 and bought my current 93 lx coupe in Arcadia green

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
            My first car was a 1986 Toyota Celica GT-S coupe, but red, not like the silver one the guy had on page 1.
            Sweet.

I also ended up getting an '87 GTS fastback as well, but that thing was a haggard pile. I used some parts from the silver one to fix it up a bit, but I ended up spinning a rod bearing due to a massive oil leak.

Comment

Mine was a 1992 Chevy Cheyenne 1/2 ton truck. I miss that truck, It got wrecked by a Blazer.
              This is what it looked like when we bought it, thats my dad standin by it.

Comment

was the '87 fast back a carburated engine? My Celica threw it's number 2 rod.

Comment

My first car was a 95' celica gt convertible, wish I never sold it. My second car is the the picture also.

350z- Injen CAI & CB, Stillen testpipes & headers, kinetix SSV plenum, TEIN SS coilovers
                  90 LX- a6 conversion, 2.5in exhaust

Comment

my first was a 1977 chevy nova 2 door with a inline 6 and a massive hole in the side of the block. lol. the car was given to me, when i found the hole after driving it and wondering why it leaked oil so damn much, i gave it away to a buddy... I like Chevy's, but I LOVE Hondas. But like they say, "You gotta Crawl before you can Walk"

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183959

Comment

1972 Ford Ltd convertible sitting on 15x9.5 layed low but traded for a Kenwood dump truck at age 16 hard time backthen lol

Comment

69 VW Beetle, other than a custom silver to grey to black paint job it was all stock. 1500cc single port motor and the floor board on the pass side was so rusted that we could drop a 32ox McDonalds cup in the floor and it would roll out the hole! lol (Oh and that was while you sat on the seat and watched the road pass below you). I was rusted from the center hump all the way to the front edge of the pass seat.....amazing what you will do when your 18 and stupid

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

The first car that was truly mine was my 1986 Nissan Pulsar:

Bought it off a friend for $350. He'd bought it from another friend for $200, put $150 into it and then sold it to me when his GF got a car. After they broke up, I gave him the spare key (after all, he was always fixing it with me - that's how I started off learning most of what I know).

I drove it for two years until I found out the rear shock mounts were completely surrounded with rust and the sides of the rear wheel wells were so rusty that gentle tapping made the rust fall out... with the rear seat folded down, I could see the rear tires turning when I drove.

I learned a lot owning that car... being a student, I did not have the money to take it to a shop, so I learned how to fix it myself (with help from my buddy). About 4 months after my friend moved away, the slushbox died. I swapped in a manual because it was the only transmission I could find in local junkyards. After it was in, I then taught myself how to drive stick.

My only previous stick experience was 5 min driving a civic in a parking lot up to 2nd and about 40 min in a Massey-Ferguson tractor (with hand throttle) around a farmyard in 1st and R.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBucket View Post
                            The first car that was truly mine was my 1986 Nissan Pulsar:

Bought it off a friend for $350. He'd bought it from another friend for $200, put $150 into it and then sold it to me when his GF got a car. After they broke up, I gave him the spare key (after all, he was always fixing it with me - that's how I started off learning most of what I know).

I drove it for two years until I found out the rear shock mounts were completely surrounded with rust and the sides of the rear wheel wells were so rusty that gentle tapping made the rust fall out... with the rear seat folded down, I could see the rear tires turning when I drove.

I learned a lot owning that car... being a student, I did not have the money to take it to a shop, so I learned how to fix it myself (with help from my buddy). About 4 months after my friend moved away, the slushbox died. I swapped in a manual because it was the only transmission I could find in local junkyards. After it was in, I then taught myself how to drive stick.

My only previous stick experience was 5 min driving a civic in a parking lot up to 2nd and about 40 min in a Massey-Ferguson tractor (with hand throttle) around a farmyard in 1st and R.
                            Those cars are awesome! My dad used to have either an 85 or 86 pulsar TURBO. That car was awesome. He blew the turbo in it atleast 3 times though.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                              91 pontiac firebird with ws6 suspension package,T-top car.
                              Nice, my first car was a 1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350 WS6 Suspension package, T-top/ac. second was a 1990 Formula 350 WS6 Speed package.
                              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

89 nissan pickup. After two years it had a dohc ka turbo motor. Lowered 2/4. It was a monster! She was stolen from the toys r us parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X