Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How did you get into the CB7 Accord scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
    how can i get my rims that shiny?
    A lot of work on your part sanding/polishing http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=169398 , or there are places that will refinish them (for a price ~$125 per wheel to blast, powder coat gray, remachine the face, power coat the face clear).
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-04-2012, 09:43 AM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Well I came into the CB7 world back in 2010 as an owner. My dad bought the Accord back in 2004 and I fell in love with it. As soon as he got it home I told him it would be my first car. He traded a 1994 Toyota Pick up for it. I got ownership of the car in May 2010. It had been sitting in the back backyard for two years. I got it up to date and it passed State Inspection without a problem. Everything was great for about a year but in July 2011 it started giving me trouble. Had to replace the Altenator, Starter and Battery. I soon gave up on it,
      and bought my current car; 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. i parked it again for about a year. Was planning to sell but got 3 lowball offers ($500) for it. I've decided to keep and restore it, hopefully ill make it my DD. I couldn't come to terms with letting her go, she was my first car and it just seems wrong on my part to sell it for scrap.

Here she is

Last edited by fidelamaya26; 11-06-2012, 06:08 PM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

I got into the CB7 scene when I was 19 last year, My old 95 civic was just failing on me horribly in the end until its stick tranny blew along with other parts in the engine. Couldn't afford the money for huge repairs so i sold it for parts and eventually my dad gave me a cb7 2dr coupe ex all stock oem for now. Now im starting to learn more about the cb7 world and getting brained more on this model =] eventually will work on bringing my little ride to the top with fellow members on here and out there!

Comment

My first car

I just bought my 1990 LX Coupe Saturday, 12-1-12. I love these cars so much, I got into them because, well, CB7 Sleeper is my brother! He's had 3 of them, ! of them he owned twice, and I've been looking for one ever since, stole my baby for $1280! It's RUST FREE and is the only one in Michigan I've found like so! and I've already lowered her! That's also how I got into CB's cause I love, Slammed or Stanced cars and you don't see too many CB's so I'd like to be unique

Comment

My uncle got a white 1990 accord ex-r in 1997, the day he brought it home i saw it and fell in love with it and said to myself when i grow up i want a accord ex-r. So after i got my license i got a white 1990 ex-r sedan but decided to sell it after i found a civic, kept the civic for the summer and sold it. Bought a white 1992 ex-r sedan in october but it needed work and i wanted a coupe so i sold that cb to. Now i'm onto my third cb which is a green 1990 accord ex (from the states) i plan to keep this car and see where things go !
            Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

I got into my first CB when it was given to me back in 07. I was an American car girl. perhaps because of the way i was raised. My mom (even today) is always talking about "ricer this, ricer that" even though none of the "ricer's" that we see driving around for the most part are modded. they are all stock but she still calls all of them (including mine) a "ricer." A lady from my church was buying her daughter a new car to drive to NC. (She was moving up there for mission work.) She didn't think she would get what the car was worth in her eyes and knew me and my family were having a lot of transportation problems so one day at church she came up to me and asked "do you want a car?" and I was like SURE!! she told me what it was and that she wanted to give it to me. i wasn't about to turn down a free car. it wasn't until the end of 2011 that i wanted to find out more about my car and see if there were any communities dedicated to them. I had never been a tuner. I only just wanted to learn how to better fix my car since i knew i couldn't afford to take it to someone. That is when i found CB7Tuner.com and saw the potential of these cars and got the bug. granted i haven't done shit to my car but i have so many ideas of things i want to do. some things i have seen here, and some things i thought of doing on my own to make my car "mine" if you know what i mean. in that year and nearly 3 months since i have been here, she has only gotten worse after having been hit a couple times but she will be fixed.
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

well it all started in 04/05 i was saving up to get a cherokee and my dad had a 92 cb7 and it needed a motor so he gave it to me i just had to get a motor for it . didnt do much to the car till i found cb7tuner.com after seeing a meet vid in jan 07 the only mod i had was a fart can lol then did a bit of mods and work to the car till i sold it in 09 and i had bought a 91 cb9 in 08 but it sat at my friends till the summer of 09 and i junked that car since it was rotted too bad. then got out of the game for about a year got a jeep then picked up the cb9 i have now in 10 and had traded the jeep for a cb7 then sold that cb7 in 11 and bought a cb7 coupe in 12 and sold that in a week. and now thinking of geting rid of the cb9 but ive learned alot about these cars.

i did test drive a 07 accord in 10 but then found the 92 cb9 and got that cuz i liked it better
                back at it again

Comment

I think I was 16 or 17 when my dads friend told me that he would sell me his Honda accord for cheap and I was like yeah what the hell why not? And yeah I got it for 600 car needed new axles, ball joints, radiator and new brake pads. Well when I first got it I didn't like the car at all and really wanted a civic but as my friends all started getting civics and integras, I thought I be different and work with the accord lol. So I started looking up things on this car I found out anything and everything is hard to find. But I ended up crashing the car one winter cause I spun out on the highway. After that car crash I went thru 4 more cb7's before I finally got the one I have now and I put so much money and time on this car that I don't think I will ever let it go lol. But all I can say now is that I am proud of my and glad that I never got a civic even tho I still want one lol but anyways here's a picture of my car hope everyone like it

Comment

my brother had a 1996 red accord. He used to take to the hospital when i got sick and even tho i was like 13 or 14 he would let me drive it. from there on i fell in love with accords. Now I'm 24 and own a cb7 thanks to my old bro. i don't know its something about accords that is different from civic..

Comment

i needed a car and this was sold to me from my brother
                      FRIENDS
                      DONT LET
                      FRIENDS
                      ROLL ON
                      ROTA'S

Comment

Accord are so much easier to find unmolested and at a fair price, that's why I went for it.

Comment

I was in College and looking for something reliable and used but no more than 2 or 3 years old. This was in the fall of 1993. It would be my first car too, so I read the annual Consumer Reports mag on cars to start my research. I wanted something with decent gas mileage but something with power too, at least more than the Sentra or Corolla. Only the Camry had as high of reliability marks as the Accord but I didn't like the look of the Camry. I was looking at '90 and '91 preludes but they just had too much mileage and people wanted to much for them since that body style was done. So I got the Accord. I always wanted to lower it and put rims for the look. I was never into the "Tuner" thing but I stumbled across this web site one day and got motivated. Still have lots of plans for my car. Daily driven.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

I talked my mom into buying one for a cheap daily, then later on I ended up buying it from her.

Comment

Its weird how i fell in love with the car. I always thought they were boxy and old looking..

Well back in my senior year in high school, my real good buddy met phantomcb7 on here by working with him.. He had then got his first accord and it was cool, we did an engine swap (another F) and he ran it while in high school and she ran like a top. I still want really 'into' them but it was like hey, theyre cheap.

I had then started going threw vehicles, i bought a chevy s10 as my first truck, wrecked it a week later, then a ford ranger, ford explorer, hyundai accent then a 99 Mazda 626.. Well i had recently started working with bryce (phantomcb7) and i always gave him shit about his old boxy honda.. I liked the more rounded and newer mazda i had.. Until the tranny lost 2nd...

Needed a car.. so im out looking and stumble across my old 93 10th ann i had.. ended up trading in my mazda for it and financing the honda for what they were asking, $3000 out the door. I felt like it was fair, car was super clean, acardia green, and only 125k on the clock.

Then i fell in love...

I started changing things out, would spend everyday off i had at junkyards to find stuff i could use, and started making the car mine. I just loved how easy it was to work on. It was just stupid. I got obsessed in the car, if there was something i could learn i did. Spent hours just reading on this site and loved my car more and more everyday.

BUT

it was an autotragic.. and had no moonroof. I really wanted to do a 5 speed conversion but really i wanted a moonroof as well.. and that was just expensive.. I loved my car but wanted something a little more sporty and had always loved the idea of having a convertible..

Sold my 10th ann for the damned miata and regretted it everyday. Just bought my second accord (92 ex) from my buddy (91kid) because he goes through cars more then underware, and am loving every moment of driving it.

Funny now because i absolutly love the look of the cb7. I love how it isnt just another bubble going down the road and how sharp the lines look. And with a little drop, some rims and some JDM goodies it can be made gorgeous.

I now own a 92 Accord EX sedan, 96 Honda Shadow Motorcycle and currently work for Honda as a sales rep and planning to this next summer get into school to become a tech.

I love Hondas.

And love how much the cb7 is underrated. I dont see one with a huge ass fart can and body kit like 90% of civics and teggys.
                              1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
                              1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

Have always been a civic guy. have a full built turbo civic putting down 700+hp and i feel i love with my cousins cb9 wagon. so i found me one last week

Comment

Working...
                                X