Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

From a BMW driver: Much Respect to the CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparkle, I work at Advance, and you would be surprised by the amount of people that come in and are shocked by the price of an oil change and basic maintenance stuff. I'm just like, You bought a luxury vehicle, what did you expect? Sixty bucks for an oil change is no joke.
    Though, when i was running synthetic in my 1st cb7 that's pretty close to what i was paying.

Comment

I pay $53 for a synthetic oil change on my Fit. $67 for the same on my CTS-V.

Comment

Ya I mean I know they're not the most expensive vehicles to maintain or own, but that $100 difference can add up or break the deal for some.

You could say that if you're on a budget like that, maybe an old BMW isn't for you, but that's a separate argument.

I guess I just feel like the cheaper option is a intelligently modified Honda.

You can't really compare a modded Accord to a BWM in a lot of way's, but at the end of the day, people still come back to old Honda's because they are fun to drive, easy to maintain, and cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
          Sparkle, I work at Advance, and you would be surprised by the amount of people that come in and are shocked by the price of an oil change and basic maintenance stuff. I'm just like, You bought a luxury vehicle, what did you expect? Sixty bucks for an oil change is no joke.
          Though, when i was running synthetic in my 1st cb7 that's pretty close to what i was paying.
          Damn lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Ya I mean I know they're not the most expensive vehicles to maintain or own, but that $100 difference can add up or break the deal for some.

You could say that if you're on a budget like that, maybe an old BMW isn't for you, but that's a separate argument.

I guess I just feel like the cheaper option is a intelligently modified Honda.

You can't really compare a modded Accord to a BWM in a lot of way's, but at the end of the day, people still come back to old Honda's because they are fun to drive, easy to maintain, and cheap!
            True.
            But keep in mind, that $100 difference was for the high-end for Accords (and mid-range for BMW, I'd expect.)
            In terms of a project, that's really not all THAT significant. Especially if the goal is performance. Honda's do have a great deal of performance potential, but in most cases, BMW is the clear winner.
            You could spend a LOT more modifying a BMW, due to the level of high-end options available. I'm sure there are suspension options for a BMW that Accord owners couldn't even fathom. Accords just aren't popular enough in the performance realm to justify the engineering and production of high-end race parts. BMWs have entire race series dedicated to individual models!

For the budget-minded, the Accord does indeed offer a much more acceptable path. You can do a low-end build on an Accord and have a satisfactory result for your needs. It would certainly end up being cheaper than doing so with a BMW. Seeing as Accords are incredibly reliable, such a build would still likely yield a very usable daily driver.

If the Accord's modding accessibility in terms of cost is a 2, the BMW is a 3 or 4 (out of 10). We're not talking Porsche here (which I would put in at around a 7... the Italians take anything beyond that!)

Comment

Down here I barely see the fourth gens anymore cause people keep them of hoard their parts.

Comment

You don't really see them anymore because most of them have been turned into soup cans!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  You don't really see them anymore because most of them have been turned into soup cans!
                  I barely see the older civics anymore too. Its rare that I see . too

Comment

Those too. Remember, we live in the land of rust!

Comment

i have a buddy that works for gm and the other day when i got a pic of my cb he responded to it "its still a honda" then i told him its still a honda with 263k miles on it. and he knew where i was going with that.
                      my build
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202734

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Almost any car is like that! Ignoring warnings and proper maintenance will result in expensive repairs in damn near anything!

Hell, my $15,000 Fit has already had $4000 put into the clutch/transmission (2 replacement clutches, one shifter mechanism). Not to mention another $2000 in the HVAC. 50% of the car's value spent on repairs already, and it's a 2009 Honda Fit!
                        Yes but your fit has over 250k on the clock, about what most cb accords have accumulated in their 20 years of driving! A bmw driven that much in that short amount of time is going to cost you way more than your fit.

Comment

Ya a bmw driven that much would of cost alot on maintenance if done when you were suppose to. But doesn't matter that gator dude is a spam bot anyways. Watch I'll prove it. Gator what is 2+2 and what year where you born. I bet he probably never answers. Or gives some weird answer.

Comment

I love how you guys call the dude out just for showing us some respect. Real mature, fellas.

He's not a spam bot. Spam bots don't carry on coherent conversations. Spam bots don't return after 2 years to start a new conversation. Spam bots include links SOMEWHERE in their content... be it in their profile or in their posts. Spam bots don't have two IP addresses leading back to the same general area in the US.

Comment

Actually resent spam bots do I actually work for a internet coming running 300 different ISP's I have actually seen bots like this before. Dealing with peoples computers. And he is kind of giving a coherent conversation. But it's very robot sounding. Bots are getting more and more advanced. Just like macs now get virus's these days things change.

Comment

The only reason Macs didnt get viruses before was because the majority of the world market used pcs, so a virus was more likely to affect the majority of the world with that virus. Macs can get viruses and are starting to, but only because the amount of macs and devices using mac programs has drastically increased over the past 2 or so years.

Comment

Working...
                                X