Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Survivor 91 Accord SE Brittany Blue Metallic Ivory Leather 61K Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survivor 91 Accord SE Brittany Blue Metallic Ivory Leather 61K Miles

Hello fellow Honda Enthusiasts, please allow me to introduce you to Brittany. It is amazing that I found this gem locally, she is definitely a new resident of IL which is apparent by her lack of rust.

According to the selling dealer, this 91 SE came from CO, but, I found some address tags under the e-brake plastic that had an address of Ohio, so maybe Brittany spent some time there.

If anyone has any information about this car that they can share I would love to hear the history of this well-kept automobile. The engine bay looks new. I am positive that whoever owned this car really loved it because there is hardly any rust on it at all and overall it is in excellent condition for its age.

I removed the rear seat to see underneath and I found only one small area where rust is beginning near the seat belt anchor bolt, which I treated with some rust-oleum inhibitor jelly.

So far the only maintenance items I have completed are new OEM-like exhaust tips. For some odd reason the exhaust garnish / tips were missing.

I've also changed the windshield wiper blades to Bosch Icon.

And amazingly I sourced a rare ivory leather armrest which I installed yesterday. It really ties the interior together IMO.

Check out this amazing clean engine bay. In the salt belt, this car is a unicorn, most of these have rusted out thanks to the government who like to murder people's cars with "salt".

Anyway, the main reason for this thread and joining, is to document this car for the community, there can't be many US spec 91 Accords remaining in this condition. If anyone has any guess of current surviving numbers I am interested in any information you can provide. Thanks!

Attached Files

Well... the forum scaled down the images quite a bit. I got them below the limit of 2mb but they were much larger before I clicked post so sorry that these pics are not showing up hi-res.

Here are a few more, of the interior with the new armrest installed. The drivers seat is not perfect, it has been sprayed with adhesive and paint it looks like, but they did a decent match. The rear seats have some fade and slight wear from age but overall in good to excellent shape. No idea what happened to the original floor mats, they got lost along the way.

Attached Files

Comment

There's something you don't see every day. Beautiful car!

I don't want to know what you had to sacrifice to get that armrest...they were rare 20 years ago, let alone today. I'm tempted to suggest OEM fog lamps just to finish out the rare option punch list. The 91 SE had ABS and rear discs, right? Those were SE specific in 1991 if memory serves.

Comment

Welcome to the "SE Club" truly rare to see one in such pristine condition!

I recall the Honda accessory armrest very well. I installed one in my sister's '90 LX when she bought her's new. Always thought it was better than the folding armrest tha started in '92. At least you have more storage space.

Compared with the '93 only two features different are the SE exclusive wheels and the Bose audio system. But honestly still a wonderful car especially in that gorgeous Brittany blue which today is more rare than my cashmere metallic.

You're very fortunate to have found one, take good care of it as it's value is still increasing...
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          There's something you don't see every day. Beautiful car!

I don't want to know what you had to sacrifice to get that armrest...they were rare 20 years ago, let alone today. I'm tempted to suggest OEM fog lamps just to finish out the rare option punch list. The 91 SE had ABS and rear discs, right? Those were SE specific in 1991 if memory serves.
          Hey AccordWarrior, the sacrifice to get that armrest was about $325. lol Found it on ebay actually. I had to make two incisions in the carpet for the brackets to reach the mounting area, there were actually threaded holes already there in the body, thankfully, so it went in fairly easily.

Yes this Accord has ABS and rear discs. I will search for the oem fog lights but if you have any links or more info you would like to share I would appreciate it. Thanks!

2016 Taco TRD OR is a nice DD. Great trucks they are.

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
            Welcome to the "SE Club" truly rare to see one in such pristine condition!

I recall the Honda accessory armrest very well. I installed one in my sister's '90 LX when she bought her's new. Always thought it was better than the folding armrest tha started in '92. At least you have more storage space.

Compared with the '93 only two features different are the SE exclusive wheels and the Bose audio system. But honestly still a wonderful car especially in that gorgeous Brittany blue which today is more rare than my cashmere metallic.

You're very fortunate to have found one, take good care of it as it's value is still increasing...
            Thanks! Yeah I haven't seen an SE around here .... in decades. lol

That's cool that your sis got to buy a new Accord back in the day, and that she had the rare armrest. Nice of you to help her out.

I'm hoping that someone in CO or OH has information on this car. The engine bay is as clean as that bourdeux burgundy SE in Brazil. Just amazing. The Bose system is ok, the front speakers are intermittent according to spirited driving, they come on during sharp right hand turns. lol. The wheels have no corrosion on them and only two have very slight curb rash.

Preventative maintenance is on the list, timing belt, water pump and fluids flush. Otherwise it doesn't really need anything. The tires are kind of old, from 2014 I think, but they have plenty of tread still.

Comment

Here is some more vintage Honda CB7 eye candy. The digital dash clock still works.

Upload feature says I am at my quota so that puts an end to the fun.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow great score and sounds like she is in great hands. Whoever had that before you, really took great care of her. I agree that the armrest really finished off the interior for sure.

im hoping, assuming you plan to keep her stock with maybe the addition of fogs or other OEM features?

I would honestly be afraid to drive her and try and do what hiptech does with his and just “store” it on a Honda dealership showroom floor.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

This is an excellent CB! I hope that you are able enjoy it!
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    Wow great score and sounds like she is in great hands. Whoever had that before you, really took great care of her. I agree that the armrest really finished off the interior for sure.

im hoping, assuming you plan to keep her stock with maybe the addition of fogs or other OEM features?

I would honestly be afraid to drive her and try and do what hiptech does with his and just “store” it on a Honda dealership showroom floor.
                    Hi Grumpys93. I agree, someone definitely cared for this car, and yes, the armrest is a great addition providing more comfort and some small storage space.

Yeah this car will remain stock. Fog lights, maybe but doubtful since this is my brothers daily driver back-up for his 2023 Civic Type R, which sadly means that it may be used in the winter to save the CTR. I am hoping that this doesn't happen but it is out of my hands. If someone wants to buy the car to save it from the winter he may consider it but it would have to be as much or more than he paid for it so that he can buy a replacement.

It sucks living in the salt belt, I have tried to get my family to move but people are divided on the topic due to career location.

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                    This is an excellent CB! I hope that you are able enjoy it!
                    I have driven it a couple times and it is a nice car. It's a little sloppy due to old rubber bushings but otherwise it is a charming nostalgic car that has already provided us with many laughs.

I will work on posting more photos, maybe do a photo shoot with the '23 CTR and '91 SE together.

Comment

Sorry but this car deserves better than to be daily driven in a harsh environment especially at a time when it's value is on the rise...
                      My Collection:
                      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Sorry but this car deserves better than to be daily driven in a harsh environment especially at a time when it's value is on the rise...
                        I totally agree. Nothing I can do about it though since it's not my car. I know the rules are strict in this section so I am not promoting anything for sale but I may make a "feeler" thread in the FS section and see if anyone is interested. It is garage kept still. Non smoker, the cig lighter is clean, previous owners did not smoke in the car either.

Comment

It had long ago occurred to me, regarding states who "salt" their roads... (because where I live it's not even salt anymore, it's some other chemical they are using to combat ice), but it dawned on me the other day while looking at that nice Hampshire Green EX with 39K miles, that if I were a Honda exec in Japan, I would put together a clause that prohibits all new Honda models from entering states who "salt" their roads. So basically every state in the salt belt would no longer receive allocation for all new Honda models.

If that put's a bug up someone's arse then so be it. Maybe I will send my resume to Honda in Japan. Lol. (and then hire security lol)

"salted" roads is probably the US gov's clever way to reduce carbon footprint. Anyway, "conspiracy theories" asside, no more new Honda's for the salt belt, take the bus, walk, or buy a pre-owned vehicle, or a domestic or other manufacture. /dream

Reality, salt belt cars are worth less than non salt belt cars. FACT. Sorry but not sorry, it's true. After living in both states and experiencing each I would much rather have a vehicle that does not have rust in the frame and subframes. Not to mention all the other parts. HVAC system too, air has to come from somewhere, where do you think it's coming from? That big white salt cloud as you drive along on a freshly salted ten degrees winter road. Salt cloud in your havc system rusting the parts inside when spring condensation arrives. I've seen it, I've disassembled old Japanese HVAC systems and found rusty hardware.

Anyway, stepping off soap box now, er wait... no, not finished... In a way the salted roads and destruction of cars is negating the hard work it took to make them. You go to work every day, bust yer arse and you want to drive something nice to tote yer fat arse back and forth from work and the pub, and then the gov comes along and murders your sweetheart, slowly over the course of years as the cancer builds. *tear* You negate your own hard work by driving the car in the salt as you send that monthly payment. I mean, why live in a snow belt state? Salt the roads to appease people who lack driving skills? Ok. Yeah we have to be considerate of others, right...?

Salted roads is likely a planned break down of materials, but also a lack of respect to the hard work of those involved to make it all happen. And not only Japanese in that regard but all manufactures. There are some old Swede cars, German cars, American cars, and so on, who lost their lives in the salt belt.

Let's please have a moment of silence for them...

*raises glass* Thank you to all of you voluptuous and euphoric symphony of mechanical art alike who carried out your duties as a daily driver, a weekend warrior, a dedicated track car, a garage queen, the reliant parts runner, the party van, the mom-mobile, and the all terrain mad-man vehicles we thrashed in the snow and mud during winter festivities, here's to you.

Comment

What's up ladies and gentlemen.

A bit of an update with Brittany. When my bro bought her the driver's side door handle plastic surround was cracked. And the driver's side door lock seems to be out of place, unlike the others, when locked the button or knob would not seat down flush.

It's one of those situations where the lock is half way out, and you have to pull the door handle half way to get the lock button to go all the way into down lock position.

I pulled the door panel and have inspected the mechanism and it looks like someone pulled the door handle too hard resulting in the cracked plastic piece, and the lock rod being pulled out of position.

I have searched on YouTube and not found any super awesome person who explains a fix, yet, but will continue my search.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, I would be grateful to hear it.

The problem seems to be inside the door frame area inside that mechanism on the left, the rod being out of place.

Comment

Oh and I did fix / replace the cracked handle. The new one he bought is aftermarket, the fitment was not exactly OEM, the two right claw hooks were a little too large, so I carefully dremeled and sanded them, testing the fit a little each time until it fit in there without being loose.

So that part is fixed.

Later I will see about attaching photos or finding a host for them.

He and I have been taking Brittany to some small locals gatherings, and people really love this car and are shocked when they see how clean it is. It's not as mint as that Hampshire green that recently sold on BaT, but for being thirty years old it's in pretty good shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X