Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can't get Axle Nut off !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Axle Nut off !!!

My project just failed.....Can't get the damn axle nut off

my Dewalt Impact Wrench can't take that shit off.....It got so many good review and I was thinking it can take that shit off.

Failed I guess i have to put everything back and get Breaker bar + Pipe or buy air compressor + impact gun ($300+) ><!!

I hate fixing car now...every project i take on...it always the damn bolt

I really don't know man. I just replaced both of my axles not too long ago and used my granfather's outdated impact wrench and compressor and it came off. If nothing else I would do what you were talking about with a 1" ratchet and pipe on it if ytou have to. I had to go and pay like 20 something dollars for that damn impact socket alone that fits it. You could try spraying some wd 40 or thread breaker or whatever to maybe free it up some. It's a PITA sometimes but just keep trying i'm sure you'll get it. Good luck.

Comment

dude, go to an old junk yard, and buy a pipe that is on the inside of an old ass camaro's door panel

the pipe we used for all my stuff at a friends house was out of one. iwas cut in half, so about 2 1/2 ft long, and must have been 1/4 in thick cast iron judging by the weight. get the whole thing.

the you have a 4 ft breaker bar for anything. just don't break the tools...

Comment

I sprayed with PB Blaster overnight and nothing.

I just found out my axle boot ripped wide open.....FUCK THIS CAR......

time to return parts and shit

Comment

i wouldn't give up so quickly. just remember, it's not like another car won't give you problems like this.

Comment

is there a place that will rent out COmpressor and Impact gun...maybe that will do it

Comment

With the rim/wheel still on and still sitting on the ground, put your socket with breaker bar on the nut. Put the handle end of the breaker bar on a floor jack and jack it up. It will work, guaranteed.

Comment

get a good ratchet and a big breaker bar and pull really hard. it will come off sooner or later. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by isuace View Post
                  With the rim/wheel still on and still sitting on the ground, put your socket with breaker bar on the nut. Put the handle end of the breaker bar on a floor jack and jack it up. It will work, guaranteed.
                  that is a good idea, or do what i do. Id get a 4-5 foot pole(I use the one off my hydrolic jack). shove the breaker bar arm into the pole and either raise up the pole or stand on the pole ..depending on what side ur working on i guess, i preferr standing on the bar(downward).. while a friend holds the socket in place. this all needs to be done with ur wheels still on and on the floor(not on a jack)
                  -:¦:-
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

WTF Driver side nut came off no problem...but Passenger is a bitch!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                      that is a good idea, or do what i do. Id get a 4-5 foot pole(I use the one off my hydrolic jack). shove the breaker bar arm into the pole and either raise up the pole or stand on the pole ..depending on what side ur working on i guess, i preferr standing on the bar(downward).. while a friend holds the socket in place. this all needs to be done with ur wheels still on and on the floor(not on a jack)

I will try that

Comment

Are you replacing your drive axle?

Comment

just use a impact gun. it zips mine off easily
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

OMFG IT TURNED!!!!! and it off

1 broken Ratchet - Priceless (atleast it was craftman - time to go to sears and get a new one)

I'm doing ROH

Comment

what kind of impact are you using?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                              X