Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

First security upgrade/purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First security upgrade/purchase

I just bought a 91 coupe a couple weeks ago and I want to drop and put some rims, but I'm scared it's going to start attracting the attention of thieves. What's the first form of security you guys did for your cars?

...and no, I won't keep it stock.

i started off with a good alarm and then when they tried again i just started parking safer light in lighted areas and not so far in the back and i stay really really close to car even while at school and work i park it bye the windows. i also bought a weapon when i turned 21 but its no use unless im in the car sooo..... just park safer and try to be in plain sight of your car.

Comment

I would like to get a silent alarm, then I can sneak up to the theive(s) and smashy smashy. But overall, whats the point, If they want it they'll get it.

GOT F?

Comment

Two way pager alarm, club or removable steering wheel. Never leave the HU face in the car, don't attract attention close to home, get locking lugs for the rims, park in well lit areas.

Comment

Fuel Kill Switch
          Starter Kill Switch
          Ignition Kill Switch
          Stealth Alarm

**Edited links, now working properly**
          Last edited by JoshM; 04-03-2009, 12:13 PM.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I got me the Viper alarm, but I don't have to worry much, very lid up private parking.

Comment

Does anyone make an aftermarket resistor "pellet" style ignition key system like the new OEMs?
              My Collection:
              93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
              00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
              04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Ever heard of you can't steal what you can't see? A good alarm, tint, and some good judgement will help. Always protect your investment. Wire a 150db train horn to go off once when your alarm is triggered, and make sure that your sensors aren't too sensitive. If a thief breaks into your car, well use your imagination.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

As visualpoet said a 2 way pager is always great to have.

Get an alarm obviously and look out for the following features:

Twin immobiliser.
                  Battery backup.
                  Door boot and bonnet protection (Door, trunk, and hood)
                  Test alarm siren, and upgrade if you think its necessary.

And as Josh92ex said you can add your own features -
                  Fuel pump kill switch
                  Starter Kill Switch
                  Ignition Kill Switch

If you used a latching relay system it will mean you can use a momentary switch rather than an ON/OFF switch. (momentary switches also help for when you accidently leave normal ON/OFF switches in the ON position)

If you do decide to add kill switches - Hide them well!!! Most theives know where to look for them.
                  Common places are under seats, glovebox, and drivers kick panel. So try to hide them somewhere other than there.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Some good tips mentioned above. I have a two-way viper alarm, kill switch, and a club, but I still feel that they will just get around it anyway. My car was already broken into once, and my previous car was stolen from the same area while I was studying late at night

Sucks when you can't sleep without worries at night

And the train horn idea sounds like a great idea
                    ]

Comment

Get a viper 350hv installed at best buy (for the warranty) Wire an extra alarm horn in the interior along with hood/ trunk pins.

Anyone who has been within 10 feet of a viper horn knows its fucking loud even on the outside. I couldn't imagine trying to steal a radio with one of those blasting 3 feet from my ear...

I say 350hv because its $200 cheaper than any 2 way system. If you park your car in your garage or on the street in front of your house, you are going to hear it anyway...

Comment

Wheel Locks, Cover up Vin# on dash, fuel pump switch.

Comment

why cover vin#?

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                            Get a viper 350hv installed at best buy (for the warranty) Wire an extra alarm horn in the interior along with hood/ trunk pins.

Anyone who has been within 10 feet of a viper horn knows its fucking loud even on the outside. I couldn't imagine trying to steal a radio with one of those blasting 3 feet from my ear...
                            That is a great idea, I've never thought of that.
                            1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

yeah. why cover up the vin? isn't that kind of against the law?

You guys know how successful that Auto-Lock is (the one that prevents you from pressing the brake or clutch)?

Comment

Working...
                              X