Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Cleaning!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Cleaning!!

I Was Wondering What Is The Best Way To Clean My Engine. Like I want To Get All The Dirt And Grease Off.

to clean the engine bay?
    go buy engine degreaser and rags, some toothbrushes, cover the distrubutor and air filter at least, spray the degreaser, let it sit for a little while and get a hose and go at it.

Comment

Cover the air filter distributor and alternator. Buy degreaser.Sum people use carb cleaner for some real tough spots.

Comment

i did a lil basic wash to my yesterday good info

2014 bisimoto parts coming soon

Comment

i hear theres a Simple Green for aluminum now..

I just use that Gunk degreaser when i'm cleaning something unless it's off the car then i can use oven cleaner.

Comment

Gunk Engine Degreaser works miracles. I just don't like the idea of "rinsing" it off the engine. I spray it on and let it set for about 10 minutes and wipe with a wet rag.
            We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Gunk Engine Degreaser, powerwash (use the carwash if you have to), followed by Gunk Engine Shine and a delicate rinse.

Follow the directions on the cans, spray EVERYTHING down, if you can see it, get degreaser on it. You might go through two cans the first couple of times, to get it good and clean.
              Don't cover a damn thing, but do take a screwdriver to pop the distributor cap in case it leaks and gets wet inside. If you have an aftermarket cone filter, be gentle around it with the degreaser and the sprayer. I've been cleaning engine bays for over 25 years and I've never covered anything. It's all made to get wet.
              I use a chamois on the painted and polished surfaces (it doesn't gleam like TypeG's though He's my polishing hero!) and a cheap cotton rag on everything else, to help prevent water spotting. There's another product out that leaves everything shiny, something with citrus in the name, can't remember it.

I believe a clean engine is a happy engine. It runs better, looks better, and when you have to work on it, you're much less dirty than you could be.

Comment

^Nice Compartment!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
                  ^Nice Compartment!!
                  X2!

Superclean & etching metal cleaner are your friends.
                  .....................EJ1..........................................Turbo CB7.....................

91 Accord Turbo DX
                  93 Accord LX
                  90 Accord LX
                  02 Grand Am GT
                  06 Turbo 2.4 G6

Comment

Working...
                  X