Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

N/A G22 vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N/A G22 vtec

so waddup fellow tuners i was hoping to get some advice from you guys i have a g22 and want to kick it up a notch . right now i still have the f22a1 pistons but it pulls hard so it got me thinking what should i do.

My wish list:
    11:1 forged piston 85mm
    440cc injectors
    walbaro hp Fuel pump
    some aftermarket camshaft/gears?
    and basic I/H/E and get a tune.

i am not looking for monster but reliability. i pretty sure that all i need and was wondering if anybody can tell me what i am missing?

You'll need some forged rods unless you plan on using the stock ones. You'll have to rebush the small end if you plan on using the stockers.

You'll also need bearings and rings.

WHat's your power goal? You can hit over 200whp with stock cams, as long as the rest of the engine is healthy and you have the right parts to do it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

What head are you using?

I would bore to 87mm and buy the proper pistons then do some head work while you're waiting. That way you are definitely able to make some power when you decide to throw in a new set of cams. If you're running an H22 head I would definitely get a Euro-R Manifold.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

THe OP would need to sleeve the block if he'd bore out to 87mm on an F block.

Also, Euro R isn't needed to break 200whp. He'll break 200whp and have some nice torque to go along with that 95mm crank. If the motor was built right anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          THe OP would need to sleeve the block if he'd bore out to 87mm on an F block.

Also, Euro R isn't needed to break 200whp. He'll break 200whp and have some nice torque to go along with that 95mm crank. If the motor was built right anyways.
          He doesn't "need" to sleeve it, most would do that if they for some reason felt the sleeves wouldn't hold up. I've seen an F22 bored to 87mm and the spacing and wall thickness looked fine. I definitely wouldn't go over 2mm's without sleeving but the motor ran as far as I remember following it.

I mentioned the Euro-R not so much to say it's needed to break 200, but to give him more power throughout the powerband as we've seen it give gains throughout (13-15 in both whp and tq).

Comment

well i think the stock bore limit is 86 on f22a but i am not bothering with that "leaving it stock". but i am using a h22a4 head and i am using stock f22a rods but new bearing and rings are deff.

will forged rods be that necessary i am not even gonna break 230whp and probably not even 200 whp can u even tell te diff with camshaft/gears?

i am too worried about the "number" as long as i have a good power band
            Last edited by Lao Tuner; 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

No, rods aren't necessary for such a small build. I actually have stock f22 rods in my build(206whp/172tq).

But for the forged pistons, you'll need to rebush the small end of your stock rods to make it work.

And no, cams nor cam gears aren't really needed. You will definitely notice a difference with cams, but it mostly depends on which cams you go with. Some aren't much better than stock.

Comment

Hold on I thought you couldn't bore a stock block due to the FRM sleeves.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                "The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

He has an f22 block. It has iron sleeves.

H series has FRM sleeves. I'm not so sure about boring, but I know they can definitely be honed. I have not seen a 100% confirmation that you cannot bore them, so I don't believe any of the nonsense I read from unexpereinced people.

Comment

Bore it over 1mm and get standard bore rsx-s pistons..

Compression is your friend when trying to make power all-motor.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Not true sir. 13:1 has yielded over 300whp on a 2.3l h22 block.

exhaust and intake systems play a HUGE roll in how much power you'll make when it comes to all motor.

I always see people getting some high compression pistons, flat faced valves...etc...and then use a cheap ass header which results in completely shitty power.

Comment

I would say they go hand in hand when it comes to all-motor.

Comment

Everthing goes hand in hand when trying to make power. You can't just slap on random parts and expect shit to work well together. You have to make a well flowing system.

But just becuase you have high compression don't mean you'll make good power. It defiinitely helps though.

Comment

I used to read about the G22 a while back but it's been a few months. As far as I can remember though I thought people were having problems with the reliability of this motor? Or maybe i'm just ignorant/misinformed......

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              He has an f22 block. It has iron sleeves.

H series has FRM sleeves. I'm not so sure about boring, but I know they can definitely be honed. I have not seen a 100% confirmation that you cannot bore them, so I don't believe any of the nonsense I read from unexpereinced people.
                              If you find out if the F22A can be bored let me know. That would save me time and money with sleeving it.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                              "The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                              X