Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

N/A G22 vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I KNOW the f22 can be bored.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Compression is ur friend..is what I said..not the answer...learn to read mamao..lol.

Stock everything.(aka ur setup internally)

Higher compression..

A hogged out IM or Euro-r..and a decent header..is all the man needs to make 200wheel +..as u saw on urs..206whp

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Bore it over 1mm and get standard bore rsx-s pistons..

Compression is your friend when trying to make power all-motor.
        this was what i first had wanted to but nobody has a write up or even a thread about it so idk and a dude told me i should even brother with it beacuse the pistons weren't ment for the block but i told that my head wasn't ment for my block either so..

If you find out if the F22A can be bored let me know. That would save me time and money with sleeving it.
        well 93f22a6 since you are in the carolina "which i am' there is a shop in gastonia that will bore and deck a block for $150

and d112crzy thanks for the info but do u think a regrind would be better than a name brand camshaft?

and also thanks to who all posted

Comment

Could you pm the actual shop name and info. Also I would recommend going with a Bisi or something proven. A re-grind would be the way to go if your on a budget though.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
            I used to read about the G22 a while back but it's been a few months. As far as I can remember though I thought people were having problems with the reliability of this motor? Or maybe i'm just ignorant/misinformed......
            The reliability issues often come from a lack of experience, or a lack of care when building a frankenstein motor. Done right, they can last... but such a drastic modification opens up a can of worms when it comes to potential problems, and it takes a lot of care and knowledge to be sure to address each one. I generally criticize franks because people that want to do them have nowhere near the level of experience necessary... Most harsh words about them have been from me

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              The reliability issues often come from a lack of experience, or a lack of care when building a frankenstein motor. Done right, they can last... but such a drastic modification opens up a can of worms when it comes to potential problems, and it takes a lot of care and knowledge to be sure to address each one. I generally criticize franks because people that want to do them have nowhere near the level of experience necessary... Most harsh words about them have been from me
              you always bash frankinstiens, and argue the reliabilty of them with any one. the only thing i really see wrong with the h22 head on a f22. is boreing it out to a 86mm won't the 87mm dome still cause a step or lip going from the head to the block??? hindering the flow and hurting the power that could be made na??? i am not tring to nock it see how i have a f23 head on a f22 block which is the same 86.. dome on a 85mm block but i had plans to bore to 86mm so it matched. but instead i got a f22a6 to work on while i try to blow up my frank. but the g22's still intrest me but i have to agree with deev on this setup i think you have to go all in to be reliable if not they seem to fail.(not saying the are crap just seems like the common pattern with them). but i would like to see a fully built one and what it can do.

another thought does the f22 crank and rod combo in a h22 net more power??? granted you have to buy certain pistons for the sleeves in the h series block but wouldn't this make 88mm available to use and still give you the torque you want??? muchless the less headache of mating the h22 head to the block dealing will the water pipe issues and other little things.

Comment

F22 rods/crank fit perfectly in an H22 block. You'll need to get the rods pressed off the f22 pistons and onto the h22 pistons though.

15k miles and going strong still with my h23 vtec.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  F22 rods/crank fit perfectly in an H22 block. You'll need to get the rods pressed off the f22 pistons and onto the h22 pistons though.

15k miles and going strong still with my h23 vtec.
                  that is more miles than i have seen on a g22/23 setup
                  have you dynoed it yet from what i have read in the past the g22's lay down around 165ish with stock guts

Comment

Mine is NOTHING like a g22. I put down 206/172.

Comment

Ok that clears alot up. Similar to someone going turbo without tuning it I guess. Thanks Deev. I've actually never done an engine swap. I was reading up on the G22 frank thinking it would be another route to go instead of the H22 swap but I don't have the experience needed to do it I guess. I wish I lived close enough to people to have my own BBQ Honda weekend dammit. I think i'm the only panhandle person here.

Comment

I had people come 2-3 hours to help. The FL crew is badass... you'd get help if you asked for it!

Comment

Damn man. I need to get some money up and start buying parts. I'd cover beer and food for people to help me swap an H into my car. That'll take a minute though seeing as how broke i've been lately.

Comment

I had people come 2-3 hours to help. The FL crew is badass... you'd get help if you asked for it!
                            What're you talking about? Stay out of our state you!

I heard you came to Palm Beach, you little ninja, you.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

As soon as get my H22, I'll hook up the BBQ and beers at my place. I already have a buddy from FLaccords that will help me out, I'll let you all know was sup.... G22 is interesting, the only thing I don't like is hat it's not as "plug & play" like an H22 would be....

1993 - CB7 10th Anniversary edition
                              1988 - DA3 Special edition

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando_CB7 View Post
                                As soon as get my H22, I'll hook up the BBQ and beers at my place. I already have a buddy from FLaccords that will help me out, I'll let you all know was sup.... G22 is interesting, the only thing I don't like is hat it's not as "plug & play" like an H22 would be....
                                If I have my car running by then i'll come help.

That's the exact reason i'm not looking into the G22 anymore because I need an easier one for my first swap. I just think I would screw something up and that if I did the H swap I would come out happier.

Comment

Working...
                                X