Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4dr cb7 roll cage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    A good, and properly secured, harness is the biggest help (aside from a helmet). I've seen cars with cages and stock seat belts... By the time those things lock, you've got a pole in your temporal lobe.

The bars that go up near your head are obviously the most dangerous ones. The bar that fits behind the seats is probably the best one if you want something like that. Autopower has plenty of options.

Also, you are making significant changes to the rigidity of the vehicle by adding a cage. This will affect handling. Unless you're used to it, your car may not react as you expect in an emergency. That could also be dangerous.

so if i do get a roll cage should i not do the top?...if the car does flip the top will look like crap any ways so i mine as well not do the top...im use to it yea there is hardly any body roll at all and i liked it so thats why i want one...and its nice to have for show also...or hanging clothes on..

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
      yea...actually there is alot of room for leg space...but i dont like having a full car load anyways...so its just an excuse why people cant ride in back ha....what would be the best diameter in piping to use?
      I might add in that I am 6'4", thats why I think there is no leg room in the back. Also anyone who uses stock belts with a cage deserves a tube in there head, don't half ass safety, I mean it's only your life your dealing with.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
        I might add in that I am 6'4", thats why I think there is no leg room in the back. Also anyone who uses stock belts with a cage deserves a tube in there head, don't half ass safety, I mean it's only your life your dealing with.
        haha im 6'0 and there is some nice leg room...only road in the back like twice haha...but yea def no half assing it...ill go with the harness and all..make it look really nice...somethin for those domestics to jaw drop over haha

Comment

it'd be fun to put on a helmet everytime you drive....but i'd get lazy to do that.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

haha im 6'0 and there is some nice leg room...only road in the back like twice haha...but yea def no half assing it...ill go with the harness and all..make it look really nice...somethin for those domestics to jaw drop over haha
            i highly doubt they will jaw drop on a 20yr old rice burner with a cage and a seat...but whatever fucks your duck

if they do jaw drop its in amazement of our stupidity lol.

or if we beat their v8

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
              it'd be fun to put on a helmet everytime you drive....but i'd get lazy to do that.
              You'd def get some looks though. Should throw in a window net as wel. Could you imagine pulling up next to somebody with your helment on and the window net up .

"The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                haha indeed it would....i thought about doing that and having a buddy ride in the passenger seat with a helmet and clip board and act like were rally racing

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                  i highly doubt they will jaw drop on a 20yr old rice burner with a cage and a seat...but whatever fucks your duck

or if we beat their v8

haha yea pretty much...stupidty maybe lol...but beating them...now thats a for sure...the looks on their faces is always priceless...dam rice burners hahaha gotta love it

Comment

or if we beat their v8
                    My car is the same age as I am, 16. You'd have to have a complete car though to make the real impression.

"The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

My car is the same age as I am, 16. You'd have to have a complete car though to make the real impression.

yup or just laugh at them when your flying by

Comment

yup or just laugh at them when your flying by
                        ricer flyby

i dont fuck with muscle...maybe stock stangs or z28 here and there.

but when it comes to the big dogs, i know my place lol.

what ya got in this domestic killer?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

ricer flyby

haha of course man...just the stangs or the big trucks lol...getting beat by a car thats half their size haha...screw messing with the old school..they have tricks up their sleeves haha...great car by the way

Comment

ricer flyby

I like to mess with cars that are way faster but thats a whole different subject. x2 on what you have under the hood of your CB.

"The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

haha of course man...just the stangs or the big trucks lol...getting beat by a car thats half their size haha...screw messing with the old school..they have tricks up their sleeves haha...great car by the way
                              hahaha yes they do, ive learned...a few times

thanks man
                              I like to mess with cars that are way faster but thats a whole different subject. x2 on what you have under the hood of your CB.
                              i used to lol.

they mess with me now, for some unknown reason every car tries to race me when im in the jerk mobile

like strange cars... list of the week: mercedes suv, ford tempo, hyundai pos, and an old mercedes convertable.

thats just the weird ones that stood out lol.

i dont ever do anything to encourage the ricer behavior from them, they just rev or take off like a bat outta hell

sorry for the off topicness op!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

haha...yea kinda odd that random cars try to race...thats where all my gas goes...if i do this roll cage how much heavier will my car be...i have an estimate but want to be for sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X