Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4dr cb7 roll cage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
    haha...yea kinda odd that random cars try to race...thats where all my gas goes...if i do this roll cage how much heavier will my car be...i have an estimate but want to be for sure...
    depends on material used, and amount of said material.

jegs.com sell u weld it kits which you could check out for ideas on what size, thickness, and metal to use.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
      depends on material used, and amount of said material.

jegs.com sell u weld it kits which you could check out for ideas on what size, thickness, and metal to use.
      right on man..also what would be the best to get...in your opin.

Comment

right on man..also what would be the best to get...in your opin.
        oops apparently they dont sell those kits anymore...ill find something for ya.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

The same kit that the thread I posted uses will cost a little over 200 for just the bars from comp eng. (same as moroso)

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

i was thinking about doing it all custom...seen several done.and helped on some but never seen one in an accord....ecspecially a 4dr

Comment

as for material, mild steel tubing ftw.

sizes i wouldnt have a clue..

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

yea...something really durable

Comment

as for material, mild steel tubing ftw.

sizes i wouldnt have a clue..
                  1-3/4" O.D. x .134" wall mild steel tubing
                  NHRA & IHRA approved
                  Tube ends notched for better fit
                  Includes 6" x 6" x 1/8" thick steel mounting plates

/\/\ the specs for the 8-point comp eng cage. The 10 and 12 point use 1-5/8" tube instead of 1.75 but it doesn't say od or id.

"The Turtle"
                  DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                    1-3/4" O.D. x .134" wall mild steel tubing
                    NHRA & IHRA approved
                    Tube ends notched for better fit
                    Includes 6" x 6" x 1/8" thick steel mounting plates

/\/\ the specs for the 8-point comp eng cage. The 10 and 12 point use 1-5/8" tube instead of 1.75 but it doesn't say od or id.
                    one would assume thats od due to the added strength from more bracing...

i wish that guy would update...id be interested to see the finished product.
                    i would probably just get the autopower bolt in, but thats because i cant weld nor have the tools.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

alright ill write that down....great info man i appreciate it....how did you know this info lol

Comment

one would assume thats od due to the added strength from more bracing...

i wish that guy would update...id be interested to see the finished product.
                        i would probably just get the autopower bolt in, but thats because i cant weld nor have the tools.
                        No because 1.625 (1-5/8) is less than 1.75 (1-3/4). I'm not sure because I don't do chassis work for a living.

"The Turtle"
                        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                          No because 1.625 (1-5/8) is less than 1.75 (1-3/4). I'm not sure because I don't do chassis work for a living.
                          yeah thats my point, since there is more bracing with a 10-12 point the thickness of tube doesnt have to be as large as say a 4-8 point.

structurally the tube would be just as strong due to additional bracing i would think.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

so if i decided to get one online some where what site would be the best price and the most durable...thanks

Comment

yeah thats my point, since there is more bracing with a 10-12 point the thickness of tube doesnt have to be as large as say a 4-8 point.

structurally the tube would be just as strong due to additional bracing i would think.
                              Oh I see what your saying. My bad didn't understand your point there.

"The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

so if i decided to get one online some where what site would be the best price and the most durable...thanks
                                prefabbed: http://www.autopowerindustries.com/pricelist.asp

weld your own: http://www.competitionengineering.co...?CatCode=10361

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X