Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4dr cb7 roll cage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah those guys were hatin like a mug.

jokes on them, watch the game change..and their pos integra on +42 offsets dropped 1.5 inches will be whack.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

haha there for awhile i was an inch off the ground from the middle..it was crazy...i was tucking 14 inch steelies majorly..just cant lower it all the way with them big 17's

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
        haha there for awhile i was an inch off the ground from the middle..it was crazy...i was tucking 14 inch steelies majorly..just cant lower it all the way with them big 17's
        yeah i saw that thread, you have an oem exhaust on dont ya?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

yup. sounds really good...gotta cat on it too so no raspyness haha not even a word i figure i liked the rims on it better but still like being low

Comment

im dragging metal at the height im at, my main issue is my exhaust is hanging too low in the middle.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

yea i did have that problem for awhile until i made the hangers shorter the biggest problem i had was the muffler its self..so i had to make them shorter also for that... just get a long grind plate haha i bet it looks sweet at night tho haha

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                lol i know that

but if only ef and crx is available...where did he get an eg one to let lay around in his shop?
                It said 92-00 which includes eg. Look on jegs, or comp eng.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                "The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

alright ill do that...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    A roll cage is dangerous on a street-driven car.
                    In crash tests, the distance between the driver's head and the roof, sides, etc... of the interior of the car are taken into consideration. By installing a roll cage, you are putting a steel bar (or whatever you choose to make it out of) about 4" closer to your skull.
                    Unless you drive on a daily basis wearing a helmet, this greatly increases the chances of you getting brained in what may be a somewhat minor accident.

Yes, you can pad it... and that makes it even closer to your head. You can break your neck on a padded steel bar.
                    A good, and properly secured, harness is the biggest help (aside from a helmet). I've seen cars with cages and stock seat belts... By the time those things lock, you've got a pole in your temporal lobe.

The bars that go up near your head are obviously the most dangerous ones. The bar that fits behind the seats is probably the best one if you want something like that. Autopower has plenty of options.

Also, you are making significant changes to the rigidity of the vehicle by adding a cage. This will affect handling. Unless you're used to it, your car may not react as you expect in an emergency. That could also be dangerous.
                    OMG someone actually said it

Deev is VERY correct. A roll cage can actually be lethal in the wrong circumstances.
                    Normally caged cars are used in conjunction with the driver being required to wear a helmet and a harness.

As Deev said, (well maybe not exactly) but imagine hitting your self in the head with a peice of 2" tube. Now imagine throwing your whole body weight at that tube at 60mph . . . It really hurts doing it to your head with your hands, so what would your body mass + speed do . . .
                    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 08-04-2009, 04:31 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                      It said 92-00 which includes eg. Look on jegs, or comp eng.
                      http://www.competitionengineering.co...?CatCode=10361

96-00 is what that says

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Yeah that just covers EKs. BTW, slammed4thgen, your car is ridiculously awesome and amazing, along with one of my favorite cars on the site. Fuck Hater-Tech.

Underground.Society
                        Originally posted by Deevergote
                        If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
                          Yeah that just covers EKs. BTW, slammed4thgen, your car is ridiculously awesome and amazing, along with one of my favorite cars on the site. Fuck Hater-Tech.
                          yes indeed

Comment

i was reading this and thought i'd throw in that all tubing is measured in outside diameter (o/d) and wall thickness. i hadnt seen that question answered yet.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                            X