Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4dr cb7 roll cage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4dr cb7 roll cage??

i have a 92 accord lx and wanted to see on how about doing the roll cage...i wanted to see if anyone has pics of theirs...and just wanted to gather ideas on how to do it...thanks alot

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=roll+cage(search button is your friend)

Before I say anything I want to ask why. Are you into racing or do you just want it? If you have someone do it it would prob cost quite a bit. If you have the skills and the tools to do it then all you have to pay for is the materials.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

yea i have the tools to do it....and yea im into racing...but right on for the link...i just figured no one has done it in a 4dr

Comment

A roll cage is dangerous on a street-driven car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          A roll cage is dangerous on a street-driven car.
          I'm a little confused here deeve. Can you explain why? I have never heard anyone say this.

"The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

i thought about just doing like a 5 point harness or somethin around those lines....not a full all out roll cage...why exactly tho is it unsafe..thanks

Comment

the pre-fab kits are cool but I would love to see somone build one to fit around their cb interior.

click to see my ride
              click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

i kinda wanted to do that...i like having the look of the interior with the cage in...ive seen a couple civics like that and was really into it..

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
                  the pre-fab kits are cool but I would love to see somone build one to fit around their cb interior.
                  I was hoping somebody would, I doubt it will happen though. I think a gutted car with a cage and a drivers seat is awesome, no need for the rest of the stuff that is unesintel (wow I can't spell).

"The Turtle"
                  DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                    I'm a little confused here deeve. Can you explain why? I have never heard anyone say this.
                    In crash tests, the distance between the driver's head and the roof, sides, etc... of the interior of the car are taken into consideration. By installing a roll cage, you are putting a steel bar (or whatever you choose to make it out of) about 4" closer to your skull.
                    Unless you drive on a daily basis wearing a helmet, this greatly increases the chances of you getting brained in what may be a somewhat minor accident.

Yes, you can pad it... and that makes it even closer to your head. You can break your neck on a padded steel bar.

Comment

In crash tests, the distance between the driver's head and the roof, sides, etc... of the interior of the car are taken into consideration. By installing a roll cage, you are putting a steel bar (or whatever you choose to make it out of) about 4" closer to your skull.
                      Unless you drive on a daily basis wearing a helmet, this greatly increases the chances of you getting brained in what may be a somewhat minor accident.

Yes, you can pad it... and that makes it even closer to your head. You can break your neck on a padded steel bar.
                      Oh never thought of it that way. Maybe you can be like the stig of top gear and wear it all the time . I think with the right seat and a good harness it shoudn't be a problem but what you are saying def. makes sense.

"The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

thanks for the input...i didnt plan on going all out on it tho....just the cross member bars behind the seat...and the top bars and the bottom side bars...and i would never let any one ride in the rear seats...for obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                          thanks for the input...i didnt plan on going all out on it tho....just the cross member bars behind the seat...and the top bars and the bottom side bars...and i would never let any one ride in the rear seats...for obvious reasons
                          Not like there would even be room for them to sit. The roll cage will take up some of the already small amount of leg room the rear seats have.

"The Turtle"
                          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Oh never thought of it that way. Maybe you can be like the stig of top gear and wear it all the time . I think with the right seat and a good harness it shoudn't be a problem but what you are saying def. makes sense.
                            A good, and properly secured, harness is the biggest help (aside from a helmet). I've seen cars with cages and stock seat belts... By the time those things lock, you've got a pole in your temporal lobe.

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                            The bars that go up near your head are obviously the most dangerous ones. The bar that fits behind the seats is probably the best one if you want something like that. Autopower has plenty of options.

Also, you are making significant changes to the rigidity of the vehicle by adding a cage. This will affect handling. Unless you're used to it, your car may not react as you expect in an emergency. That could also be dangerous.

Comment

Not like there would even be room for them to sit. The roll cage will take up some of the already small amount of leg room the rear seats have.
                              yea...actually there is alot of room for leg space...but i dont like having a full car load anyways...so its just an excuse why people cant ride in back ha....what would be the best diameter in piping to use?

Comment

Working...
                              X