Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

extra power from an A6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extra power from an A6

How can i get more power from my engine-F22A6- without adding a turbo?

Bisimoto header
    NOS
    More aggressive cam
    H23 intake manifold

... and lots more.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Not into NOS, well not now at least, this is for my daily driver and I'm a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        Bisimoto header
        NOS
        More aggressive cam
        H23 intake manifold

... and lots more.
        Originally posted by svgnewbie View Post
        Not into NOS, well not now at least, this is for my daily driver and I'm a budget.
        IT'S NOT NOS!!! NOS is a brand name (sorry, it's one of my pet peeves. NOS is manufactured by Holley. Call it N20 or nitrous or nitrous oxide or giggle juice, go fast gas, anything but NOS or NAWZ, please).

And N20 is the most power for the least money you can get. You can pick up a used kit off CL for less than $300 almost every day. If your engine is in good enough condition to modify and rag on, you can run a 50 shot of nitrous without worries.

Comment

Do a full tune up. NGK spark plugs, NGK spark plug wires, OEM Honda distributor cap and rotor, new ignition coil, new ignition module. Run half a bottle of Seafoam in your gas tank. Replace your oxygen sensor with a brand new NGK/NTK or Denso unit (not Bosch.) That will restore as much of your F22A6's previous potential. You should NEVER modify an engine that hasn't been fully refreshed, at least to the extent mentioned above.

Since you're on a budget, it sounds like that will probably exhaust it.

However, if you still have money to spend, there are some inexpensive options:
          H23A intake manifold and throttle body
          Short ram intake (the pipe can be cheap, but don't cheap out on the filter... K&N or AEM only, or you may damage your engine)
          Add a quality exhaust system... of course, most will sound like crap unless you spend money. If nitrous is too expensive, then I assume a good exhaust would be as well.

Comment

Things not mentioned by other members here that will make your car faster:
            Lightweight Pulleys (Power Steering / Alternator) or Power Steering / Air Conditioning Delete
            Balance Shaft Delete
            Lightweight Flywheel
            Bisimoto Phenolic Intake Manifold Gasket
            H22/H23 Plenum & Throttle Body Swap (You already have an a6, you don't necessarily need to change the entire intake)
            Gutted IAB Spacer (lengthens the runners [like having an h23 runners])
            Lightweight Wheels (reduce unsprung weight)
            Weight Reduction (lightweight battery, backseat removal, etc)

If your commited and your pockets are deep enough:
            Bore the Block
            Shave the head
            Unrestrict the Exhaust Ports on the Head, or Full P&P
            Oversized valves
            Higher Compression Pistons
            Last edited by cloudasc; 07-13-2010, 09:51 AM.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              IT'S NOT NOS!!! NOS is a brand name (sorry, it's one of my pet peeves. NOS is manufactured by Holley. Call it N20 or nitrous or nitrous oxide or giggle juice, go fast gas, anything but NOS or NAWZ, please).
              All he needs is NOS.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Delta regrind?

IHE (Intake, Header, Exhaust) are the three basic "easy" power upgrades you could do for your car. Considering it's age though, I would first take the advice of a few of the other members and do alot of maintenance to get it back in peak condition before adding power.
                Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                ┴─┴
                ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

id put a prelude gearset minus the 5th and a lighter flywheel.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Do a full tune up. NGK spark plugs, NGK spark plug wires, OEM Honda distributor cap and rotor, new ignition coil, new ignition module. Run half a bottle of Seafoam in your gas tank. Replace your oxygen sensor with a brand new NGK/NTK or Denso unit (not Bosch.) That will restore as much of your F22A6's previous potential. You should NEVER modify an engine that hasn't been fully refreshed, at least to the extent mentioned above.

Since you're on a budget, it sounds like that will probably exhaust it.

However, if you still have money to spend, there are some inexpensive options:
                    H23A intake manifold and throttle body
                    Short ram intake (the pipe can be cheap, but don't cheap out on the filter... K&N or AEM only, or you may damage your engine)
                    I'm pretty lucky cause the owner before me had done a full tune up before, and why SRI, i always thought that CAI was better?

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      id put a prelude gearset minus the 5th and a lighter flywheel.
                      Automatic Tranny

Comment

Automatic Tranny
                        You can do a swap good fellow . Mine was once auto
                        The CB7 Collector.
                        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                        92 LX Coupe F22A1
                        2013 Toyota Corolla S
                        92 EX Sedan F22A1
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
                          You can do a swap good fellow . Mine was once auto
                          Don`t you miss picking up drive threw and being able to hold you large drink
                          instead of wedging it between seat and ebrake
                          Last edited by doseonekmc; 07-16-2010, 12:04 PM.

^^MRT^^
                          THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

didnt accords come with cup holders?
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by doseonekmc View Post
                              Don`t you miss picking up drive threw and being able to hold you large drink
                              instead of wedging it between seat and ebrake
                              I can hold a drink and a sandwich, talk on the phone, turn, and shift all at the same time. It's not all that difficult.

If you want performance from an underpowered family car, the 4 speed automatic isn't really going to cut it. If you want to stay automatic, then you have your work cut out for you... that, or you should just focus on making your car look pretty. You know, some Hello Kitty decals or something.

I'm pretty lucky cause the owner before me had done a full tune up before, and why SRI, i always thought that CAI was better?
                              CAI does make more peak horsepower. However, it requires cutting the metal of your car, and is a pain in the ass to remove. The power difference is negligible, and the SRI is MUCH easier. I have a CAI... given the chance to do it over again, I'd choose SRI.

Stop believing the hype that the manufacturers claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X