Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is a good quiet exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is a good quiet exhaust?

i got pulled over today and getting tired of getting pulled over for a loud exhaust

is there any specific brand or oem type i should look for?

i prefer to use this *********.com

http://www.*********.com/catalog/199...t/muffler.html

if theres other ones i could find it would be nice if anyone could help me out

stock

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I have a cheap eBay exhaust and a Magnaflow exhaust. Not too loud but not exactly quiet either, as I have demonstrated in my vids below my sig. However, I may be putting on a better resonator in the near future, as I have read in older threads that this is one of many ways to have a quieter exhaust.

But as Quashish said, "stock"... That's your best bet as far as quiet exhaust, although not the best answer people are looking for when demanding performance & power... If you want quiet AND power, then you'll need to dish out some big moolah for the highly recommended Apexi World Sport Exhaust. But a cheapo system like mine, just slap on a couple of resonators and a cat, you should be fine...
      Last edited by Accord1320; 05-29-2013, 03:29 AM.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
      Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

apexi ws2
        RSR Exmag
        magnaflow with a heavy resonator
        circuit sport.

anything that's not a flow through. you may be able to get away with getting a muffler then using your existing pipe. make sure its resonated and you don't take out the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by evilbender View Post
          apexi ws2
          RSR Exmag
          magnaflow with a heavy resonator
          circuit sport.

anything that's not a flow through. you may be able to get away with getting a muffler then using your existing pipe. make sure its resonated and you don't take out the cat.
          Those are all pretty much straight-through mufflers. I have a magnaflow exhaust and its LOUD. When my GF drove the car I could hear it from over a mile away.

2006+ Civic Si mufflers are quiet and could be welded onto your current exhaust by a competent exhaust shop.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I don't think the WS2 is all that straight through. I have a feeling it's chambered. It's also not great for power... but the sound is nice. Very quiet.

Basically, the quieter it is, the more restrictive it is. A good muffler and the largest resonators you can stuff under there will work best.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I don't think the WS2 is all that straight through. I have a feeling it's chambered. It's also not great for power... but the sound is nice. Very quiet.
              The universal WS2 muffler is straight through, the cat-back WS2 is chambered, IIRC....
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Are they different? I always just assumed the universal muffler was the same thing as on the cat back... just without all the extra pipe. I've never had my hands on one to look, though.

Comment

Someone posted up here awhile ago showing the difference.... It's buried on here somewhere....

Edit:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...9&postcount=25
                  Last edited by mtnbikaah; 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

If you can find it, the GReddy Evo2 is petty quiet. It does have a loud growl under acceleration, but at cruise its pretty quiet. Unfortunately GReddy no longer offers it for our particular chassis, but if can find one or have someone modify another chassis' that is similar, its an option to consider. Its also a flow through bt with a large properly perforated muffler, as well as 2 resonator chambers. I will be doing some work on my car here next week, so if anyone wants pics of the exhaust PM me.
                    Last edited by Shadow1992; 05-29-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Apexi ws2

Comment

i have a 2010 SI muffler and it's nice and deep but still quiet at idle and doesn't drone when you're on the highway

Originally posted by scudweiser
                        i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

I like the look of the Remus styled mufflers, no videos of them on CB7s but I have heard one in a parking lot and accelerating on a CB7. Quiet when you want it loud if you push it hard.
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                            Someone posted up here awhile ago showing the difference.... It's buried on here somewhere....

Edit:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...9&postcount=25
                            The universals are 3" and straight through, they call it their "turbo muffler"
                            The catbacks are 2.25" and chambered.

not the ws2 but i have a 3 chamber muffler dual outlet , cat and 60mm pipe with less than optimal resonator and its LOUD, i think the 4-2-1 header has a lot to do with things being so loud too though
                            Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-30-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Search.
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                              X