Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

filling up with gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filling up with gas

Does these cars let you know when it's full? What I mean is that when you fill up with gas does the gas pump nozzle "clicks" when you are full in gas? Last time I filled up it didn't let me know when it was full, while I was putting gas I was waiting for it to let me know when it was full but it never did so I stopped at a certain spot. Sure enough the fuel gauge was past the full mark when I was done

Sounds like a problem with the pump, not the car. The pump has the "auto-stop" mechanism.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Oh ok. I kinda have to guess how much I have to put to fill up because I don't want to over fill it.

Comment

Shouldnt have anything to do with the car as to whether or not the pump stops when its full. If your talking about the needle of the fuel guage being past the f that kind of common on older cars when you fill them up. Mine always has done that, not a big deal really.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

if the tank or something is bleeding of the pressure in side the tank as it fills ( like its not sealing properly against nozzle ) would that cause it not to shut off ? i ask because i also have smiler issue .
          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

If you over fill it you'll know, your hands will be wet, and there will be a puddle by your rear wheels.

Interestingly though, my CB does seem to not get along with the auto off mechanisms of fuel pumps, it clicks once, but if I continue past that it will overflow.

In any other car, I can click to my hearts content and nothings going to happen, but the CB loves to flood.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
              if the tank or something is bleeding of the pressure in side the tank as it fills ( like its not sealing properly against nozzle ) would that cause it not to shut off ? i ask because i also have smiler issue .
              I've only had mine overflow once and that was because I didn't have the nozzel in far enough, so the pressure thing could be a possiblilty. I don't know enough about how the pump works to tell you why it does what it does though.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

I should have took notice of how many gallons I put in, but I put $40 worth of gas at $3.17. I was nearly empty at the time. I plan on going out of town this weekend so I'll probably end up filling up soon again so I'll check how much gallons I put next time.

Comment

$40 of gas at $3.17 is 12.6 gallons. The Accord has a 17 gallon gas tank. So, it is likely that you did not completely fill the tank.

Comment

Oh ok thanks, I guess it's because I'm not used to having a car with that big of a gas tank. My last car I usually only spent $35 and that filled it up.

Comment

what the heck where you driving ?
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

try doing this:

drive until gas tank is nearly empty.
                        almost at E. before the fuel reserve warning light comes on.
                        (if the warning light glows with the engine running it means
                        the tank contains less than 2.64 US gallons.

then fill up with about $50.
                        because gas at $3.17 x 17gallons = $53.89

when refueling the gas pump should click when its at its capacity.
                        hop in your car & press the button on your cluster for the TRIP METER.
                        the numbers on the trip meter indicate miles.
                        reset it to zero (0) before driving so you can check fuel consumption.

once you run outta gas again (almost at E)
                        before refueling check the trip meter & write down the number.
                        that is how many miles you can drive on a full tank of gas.

with those numbers & gas prices you can always check fuel
                        consumption & be sure that youll never overfill & never run outta gas

Comment

what the heck where you driving ?
                          You mean this weekend? It's just a 6 hour trip both ways.

I figured it out thanks.

Comment

i was referring to only taking 35 to fill . what kinda car with today's gas prices only takes 35 ? at 3.89 for 9 tens a gallon 20 barley gets me half .

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

No, it doesn't have to seal to create pressure.

Think of filling a jerrycan, it is definitely NOT a tight fit at all, therefore almost no back pressure.
                              You could fill an open container and the pump will stop as soon as you put the nozzle in the fuel.

The pump cuts when the nozzle is physically in fuel, not by the amount of back pressure.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X