Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord maintenance and diag..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that's what the code says, then it's likely. (though we don't use the term "coil pack". We just refer to it as an "ignition coil".)

Check your wiring, and look into replacing the coil. It's a wear item, and if it's original, it's most certainly due for a change.

What brand o2 sensor did you use? Is the Code 43 still appearing?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      What brand o2 sensor did you use? Is the Code 43 still appearing?
      Denso of course, that code was stored when we got the car the CEL has never come on though.

After I cleared the ECU over a month ago to see if the code 43 would come back it never has since. I have just been getting a solid CEL when checking the codes.

Comment

Solid CEL? In that case, the ECU itself is likely shot.
        I apologize if that has already been said. I haven't read through the entire thread in a bit, and I'm hurrying out to work now... but yes, solid CEL is usually a sign of a bad ECU.

Comment

I thought it was with a solid cell on after jump means no codes . and if cell does not stay on or flash ( bad cell ).
          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I may be wrong. Solid may mean no codes. I was in a hurry this morning (and I should know better.)

Comment

In addition to random stalling at operating temperature, hard starting on first start of the day in cold (especially bitter cold) temperatures is another symptom of a failing Ignition Control Module, aka, Ignitor.

Comment

No stalling at operating temp, only issue is a hard start when cold first start of the day after that it fires every time. And from what I've read too the solid CEL is no codes

Comment

Hey andymccauley, for me to better understand the condition of your vehicle
                  Did you try cleaning the valves on the intake manifold?
                  Also your battery, regulator, and alternator checked?
                  Looked into replacing the PCV on the valve cover?
                  checked the fluids in the master and slave reseviors?
                  Last edited by Ohaiyo; 02-26-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohaiyo View Post
                    Hey andymccauley, for me to better understand the condition of your vehicle
                    Did you try cleaning the valves on the intake manifold?
                    yes I burned seafoam through the brake booster port and added some to the tank, checked the throttle body to make sure it was clean and it was.
                    Also your battery, regulator, and alternator checked?
                    battery is brand new INTERSTATE, alternator seems to be ok. Its not, not charging the battery, I replaced the terminals
                    Looked into replacing the PCV on the valve cover?
                    have a new one but haven't swapped it out yet, now that you say that that could possibly be part of the problem, I shook it when replacing the valve cover gasket to make sure it wasn't clogged, seemed in ok condition but I plan on replacing it
                    checked the fluids in the master and slave reseviors?
                    do you mean clutch master and slave? If so it's an auto
                    Last edited by andymccauley; 02-26-2014, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andymccauley View Post
                      No stalling at operating temp, only issue is a hard start when cold first start of the day after that it fires every time. And from what I've read too the solid CEL is no codes
                      Mine never displayed both symptoms I mentioned on the same Ignitor. When my original (factory) ignitor failed, it was the hard starting early in the morning happened. If temp's were down in the low 20's or lower, I would sometimes have to try 10 or more times to get it fired up before it would start. I proved it was the ignitor by rigging a way to keep the most bitter air out of the distributor one night. Fired right up the next morning. Just a few degrees makes all the difference with the ignition control module. That ignitor had just gotten old and worn out and couldn't deliver starting spark until current hit it multiple times to warm it up a little.

The second ignitor failure had the random stalling at operating temperature. Sometimes it would restart immediately and sometimes I had to wait a while. By the way, I fried that ignitor myself with about 5-seconds of very hard acceleration (gunning the motor) while passing a slowpoke. The car stalled immediately after I came out of that hard throttling and continued to stall the same way several times a day for a week, until I replaced the ignitor.

Comment

I understand the symptoms of the ignition control module failing, the hard start with this car happens no matter the temperature outside. The only time it displays a hard start issue is when the motor is cold. And it fires everytime just won't hold idle 100% of the time. If I hold the gas pedal down when cranking it over and let it run for about 2 mins it will act totally normal. The symptoms your describing aren't quite what I'm experiencing.

Comment

Alright dudes so I haven't touched the car in a couple weeks, had to replace some parts on my own car.

New issue surfaced but then stopped after a couple days, the car wouldn't shift out of park after it was started. I imagine there is a park/neutral safety switch and it is on its way out, correct?

Waiting on some cash to order a new ignition coil, ICM, and distributor shaft seal.

Comment

Alright dudes so I haven't touched the car in a couple weeks, had to replace some parts on my own car.

New issue surfaced but then stopped after a couple days, the car wouldn't shift out of park after it was started. I imagine there is a park/neutral safety switch and it is on its way out, correct?

Waiting on some cash to order a new ignition coil, ICM, and distributor shaft seal.
                            not totally . if you look at the brake peddle there should be a brake switch up top of it. make sure it did not brake .
                            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

My GF just bought at 93 4DR 4 cyl, auto with 160K that has obviously been neglected for who knows how long. The 18 year old we bought it from didn't know much of anything about anything, the PO before him wrote the T-belt had been changed at 73k on the inner fender well.

After buying it and looking into it more so I found alot to do. Looked to have original plug wires, tube seals were puking, bypassed power window relay, distributor o-ring and inner seal leaking, needed 2 tires & alignment possibly front end components, severely cracked drive belts, flashing D4 light.

I've changed the plug, wires, dizzy cap n rotor, valve cover gasket, fuel filter, burned some seafoam through the intake and added some to the tank, also checked the codes. There was a CEL #43 with no CEL on when running, from looking at the code def on this sight it's a fuel delivery issue, the D4 light is a #2 which is the lock up shift solenoid, also info I've read here

After changing the valve cover gasket and the tune up a cold start issue started. After holding the gas pedal down for a few minutes every morning the motor will hold idle and start normally the rest of the day, pretty weird..

Sorry for the long post. This is my first Honda experience
                              For 160k, sounds like it was neglected. My 130k sedan I had to do the same stuff. I had to replace wires plugs, O2, oil pump (which was weird), timing, basically general maintenance because it hadn't been done. I hope you get your problem figured out. If not there are a lot of helpful guys here.
                              For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
                                For 160k, sounds like it was neglected. My 130k sedan I had to do the same stuff. I had to replace wires plugs, O2, oil pump (which was weird), timing, basically general maintenance because it hadn't been done. I hope you get your problem figured out. If not there are a lot of helpful guys here.
                                Definitely neglected. the trans fluid and oil was clean when buying it but thats about it.

I dont think ive ever seen tube seals this bad in any honda ever in my life lol.

I'm getting ready to do the Tbelt, water pump, and shaft seals the next nice weekend. Dont doubt I could have it done in a day, Its nice to have and extra day just incase and will probably replace everything else I've previously listed.

BTW any advice on replacing the crank seal would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X