Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radiator fan not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webwert
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Soo can you check voltage of Fuse15 on UHF (under hood fuse box)? And Fuse #25. Also is your temp gauge working as well as the temp sensor (I think there's two sensors, one for the gauge and one for the ECU / fan).

I didn't check the voltages, but they're both fully intact. Does the specific voltage matter? Also, I forgot to mention I had checked No. 8 (radfanrelay), and No. 2 (ECU) on the driverside kickpanel(?) as I heard those also may cause problems, but no luck. I had an issue with my ECT sensor, I accidentally broke the wire on the connector, it was extremely fragile, and half the ect connector got stuck inside the sensor, (CEL #6 on now) so I went to a junkyard and got the stuff off a known working car. (The owner sold it to the junkyard after they busted an oil pan and oil started leaking from the dizzy). I twisted the wires real good together, havent soldered it yet, but no more CEL. Fan working condition never changed during this, the fan stopped working before the ect sensor ever had any problems, and it doesnt atm, car starts perfectly, and runs great other than prematurely fouling plugs, which is a different topic all together. Last but not least, the gauge sending unit wire pops off sometimes because it kinda broke? i dont really know how or when this happened, its just like this now, and it looks like it also needs a new connector. I first noticed that whenever I hit the gas for a 50% throttle pull and the gauge just turned off. ECT Switch A and ECT Switch B on the diagram both are nonfunctional atm, but in all tests I have it jumped to rule it out.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Soo can you check voltage of Fuse15 on UHF (under hood fuse box)? And Fuse #25. Also is your temp gauge working as well as the temp sensor (I think there's two sensors, one for the gauge and one for the ECU / fan).

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• webwert
    started a topic Radiator fan not working

Radiator fan not working

Prepare for the wall of text, I know its long, I'm sorry. I'm also not the best at explaining things, I can rephrase something if you need me to.
    I've been searching for a while with no luck. I got one of those free pdf service manuals, and I've been following instructions from that as well as cb7tuner, but now I'm just kind of confused as to what to do. Although, I think I've got it mostly squared down to it being a wiring issue. I paperclipped the switch on the thermostat housing, ig2 and the condenser fan only comes on. Swapped the radiator fan relay with the power window relay, didnt fix it. The relay wasnt even clicking, so, thats neat. From about this point, I followed the manual, and used a wired to jump the pins under the relay (2 & 4) radiator fan works, so all wiring from the fuse box to the fan, including the ground works, so thats good. However, when testing pins 1+ & 3- for battery voltage, it showed -0.21v on the multimeter. The manual says to repair the "Blu" wire, but isn't it the yellow that provides voltage? idrk how relays or any of this works. I saw some other singular page looking forum that said he repaired the blu wire, and had a pdf attached, showing the fusebox wires, c254 is supposedly the one I'm supposed to be looking at? I took the underhood fuse box out to inspect the wires underneath cuz it looked rather easy. They all looked fine close up, one had electrical tape wrapped around it loosely though it didnt look like it needed it. but, it wasnt the one in question, at least according to that one little pdf. All the insides of the connectors have disgusting gooey corrosion, making me wonder if I should just replace the wireharness, I've never had much luck cleaning that shit out. Besides, is the wire even my problem or is the fan timer unit? I have a 91 coupe ex manual. Also not sure if I'm looking at the proper wiring diagram, can I get help with all of this please.
    From the manual:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220323-213552.png
Views:	215
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	4981949path I took is in red.
Working...
X