Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brakelights always on, help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakelights always on, help please!

The problem: the brakelights are on constantly even if the car is off.
    What I've done: a search for this issue on the message board and found good info and have tried several things i read. I have replace all the bulbs, i replaced a pigtail which i thought was the issue...i've cleaned any dirty connections..made sure brake fluid is topped off...checked all fuses...
    What i found: i found the little circuit board on the passenger side tail light and it was damp...i cleaned and dried it all up...the only light that doesn't come on is the third brakelight and the bulb has been replaced....

would i be correct in replacing the small once wet circuit board at this point or should i try some other things out prior to that? has anyone had the same issue before and was able to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

91 Se
    Central Texas

yea id go ahead and replace the circuit board.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
      yea id go ahead and replace the circuit board.....

foreal , that dampness could have possibly messed it up. while you're at it , you could also check the brake light switch.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

could you let me know where that brake light switch is and what it looks like...thanks

91 Se
        Central Texas

Comment

did you check the fuses under the steering wheel too, or just in the engine bay?

Comment

Originally posted by TR_Accord
            did you check the fuses under the steering wheel too, or just in the engine bay?
            yea i checked the fuses under the steering wheel...
            thanks for the suggestion

91 Se
            Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
              while you're at it , you could also check the brake light switch.
              where is the brakelight switch and what does it look like?

91 Se
              Central Texas

Comment

under the brake pedal. Oye Boricua, en que parte de Texas estas?

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

its the switch behind the brake light, must need some oil, probably just got stuck, and yea wrd what part of texas are u in?

Vouches:accord93racer, 93twodoorLX(twice), kmart64, deevergote, 92cord, Datmofo, DarkShadow707,slammed4thgen
                  Old MR Thread

1996 Prelude SE- Project
                  1996 Lexus SC300-Daily

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
                    Oye Boricua, en que parte de Texas estas?
                    Killeen....thanks for the info...

91 Se
                    Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by 93 cb7 ex
                      its the switch behind the brake light, must need some oil, probably just got stuck, and yea wrd what part of texas are u in?
                      Thanks for the info, i'll check it out...it would be the same for an auto as for a stick right? oh, i live in killeen...

91 Se
                      Central Texas

Comment

Look on your brake pedal...That usually causes a constant on brake light. Follow it up and should be a button like thing that touches it. Get someone to stand behind the car while you press that button in. IF the light goes out you prob need that lil plastic piece on the brake pedal. Most likely it wore out or broke to pieces from years of abuse. This happened to my friends DA teg. The lil plastic on the pedal itself broke forgot what it was called.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'll definately look at that tomorrow. sounds like this will most likely be the issue....i will let you guys know what i find...again thanks for all that posted....

91 Se
                          Central Texas

Comment

i haven't looked at mine yet, but i had the idea that maybe the switch has worn out enough to just need an adjustment. i had the same problem on 1 of my ole rides and i just adjusted it by screwing it out a bit so the switch was not engaged all the time. just my &.02
                            If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
                            Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
                            1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
                            2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

If your not sure what it looks like go to this thread i made about remote starters... There's a pic there that shows you exactly what your looking for.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=62941

Comment

Working...
                              X